Programmer Wanted for International Dating App

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Programmer Wanted for International Dating App

Post by fschmidt »

My international dating app project is stalled. I worked with another programmer on this, with him doing the app code and me doing server-side code. But the app programming is messy, so it is slow. In the meantime, another opportunity came along that is both financially and technically more appealing. So we are both focused on this new project now, as well as maintaining various other projects/business that we developed. That leaves the dating app in limbo.

I still think the dating app is a good project with financial promise. So I am looking for a programmer to take over development. It should be particularly appealing to members of this forum considering that it directly addresses the needs of members here. The development discussions are public, here:

http://international-dating.63364.x6.nabble.com/

If any programmers here are interested in this project, please let me know.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Programmer Wanted for International Dating App

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

fschmidt wrote:My international dating app project is stalled. I worked with another programmer on this, with him doing the app code and me doing server-side code. But the app programming is messy, so it is slow. In the meantime, another opportunity came along that is both financially and technically more appealing. So we are both focused on this new project now, as well as maintaining various other projects/business that we developed. That leaves the dating app in limbo.

I still think the dating app is a good project with financial promise. So I am looking for a programmer to take over development. It should be particularly appealing to members of this forum considering that it directly addresses the needs of members here. The development discussions are public, here:

http://international-dating.63364.x6.nabble.com/

If any programmers here are interested in this project, please let me know.
What coding skills are required?
Like Angular.js, jQuery, AJAX, CSOM, CSS, KendoUI, JSP, Servlets?
I'm learned J2EE JSP, unsafe Applets, & Servlets in University, but my real-world experience has been blossoming with .NET experience in WCF (Service Ref's/Endpoints/WSDL/Web Services), Powershell (automates any and everything..puts traditional batch scripting to shame), ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, SharePoint 2010 & 2013, DHCP, DNS, ADDS, ADFS, ADCS Server Roles for Windows Server, C#, classic ASP, classic VB (Visual Basic 4-6 and I hate VB.NET), XML, and of course, how can I forget SQL/SQL Server 6.5 - 2012?!
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Programmer Wanted for International Dating App

Post by fschmidt »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:What coding skills are required?
Like Angular.js, jQuery, AJAX, CSOM, CSS, KendoUI, JSP, Servlets?
I'm learned J2EE JSP, unsafe Applets, & Servlets in University, but my real-world experience has been blossoming with .NET experience in WCF (Service Ref's/Endpoints/WSDL/Web Services), Powershell (automates any and everything..puts traditional batch scripting to shame), ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, SharePoint 2010 & 2013, DHCP, DNS, ADDS, ADFS, ADCS Server Roles for Windows Server, C#, classic ASP, classic VB (Visual Basic 4-6 and I hate VB.NET), XML, and of course, how can I forget SQL/SQL Server 6.5 - 2012?!
Actually nothing in your list applies, but I don't care. If you are willing to learn, that is good enough. Most of the code is for the app that will run on Android and iOS. It's currently written in Java using Codename One. There is some server-side Java too that uses Lucene. If you are interested, let me know.
Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster

Post by Paloaltoguy »

The "app" doesn't seem interesting at all. Like women don't have enough random guys to chat with..
Guts Over Fear
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

It probably isn't clear from the website I linked to exactly what the core idea (value proposition) is, and I am not going to explain it here, but anyone that I know here and trust can PM me and I will explain it.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Last month I would have loved to take up this offer, but I am currently working long hours and don't really have the time to learn new skills. Hopefully if I get fired, which could happen at any time for any reason in this stupid cuntry, the position will still be available.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Cornfed wrote:Last month I would have loved to take up this offer, but I am currently working long hours and don't really have the time to learn new skills. Hopefully if I get fired, which could happen at any time for any reason in this stupid cuntry, the position will still be available.
At this rate, the position will be available for a long time. So contact me if you are ever in a position to do it.