Store A Little Cash....

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Store A Little Cash....

Post by SilverEnergy »

I have preached about buying gold, silver, food storages, guns, water storages and vitamin storages.

But you shouldn't totally neglect cash because with the way the Federal Reserve is printing money out of control, we can not only go into a hyperinflation but also a depression according to the book "Currency Wars" by James Rickards.

In a depression the money and goods supply is low, so gold and silver aren't going to do you a lot of good like it would in a hyperinflation.

Having physical paper money will aid you in a depression, so don't totally neglect your paper money.

Just don't totally rely on your paper money because it is being devalued while we speak.

Don't save your paper money as a rule, just store a little bit of it just in case we go into a depression.

Don't just save your paper money and leave it in your bank account, you should still invest in some gold and silver, while you save some of your paper money.

I would prefer to go into a hyperinflation than a depression anyday because you really don't want a depression.

So you gotta prepare for a hyperinflation or a depression.

At least in a hyperinflation, your wealth can increase due to the prices of oil, gas, gold and silver rising.

But I think that a hyperinflation is more likely due to the way the Federal Reserve is printing billions per month and the fact that since 1971, inflation has gotten worse every single year and it continues to get worse.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Post by Rocky Top »

Real talk, at some point, you have to draw a line in the sand and be pragmatic if you are Joe Sixpack. The average person on the street will NOT be able to hedge against every possible scenario. Only the super rich would be able to protect themselves from hyperinflation (precious metals), depression (cash), social upheaval (guns and weapons) and the total decline of all markets (food storage and water).

My simple advice to all is do the best that you can in two general areas and just hope for the best. If you happen to own land and think that land and weapons are your strong points, then just role with that. For people like myself, I can afford precious metals and a modest amount of food (30 days) and weapons (less than 5 rifles/handguns).

I just don't see how anybody else in the middle class can really prepare themselves for what will come because this thing could go in a thousand different directions.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 23rd, 2016, 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

Ghost wrote:Live life. Really live. I've got a little money, and my goal is to use it. Changing your entire life for doomsday scenarios - which you cannot truly predict specifically! - is pointless and wastes what little time you have on this earth. And RT has it right anyway: most people cannot insulate themselves from the storms. So live and try to do good. What's the point of working and saving always (I'm not saying don't save some or to be irresponsible - I'm saying throwing all that life (time) into work should have a purpose when it comes to using the money) if you never DO anything?
Rocky Top was actually agreeing with my post if you actually took the time read it.

I haven't had to change my entire life to prepare.

I buy silver American Eagles every month.

How is that changing my entire life?

Please tell me, maybe I am missing something.

I hope you read my post again, all I was saying is that if you are going to prepare for a hyperinflation, then you should also prepare for a depression by also saving paper cash in addition to stocking up on gold and silver.

Even if many people can't protect themselves, it's not MY problem.

More people could protect themselves but they are POORLY INFORMED about the worldly events.

I am only here to protect myself.

Ghost, it really makes no difference to me in any shape or form if you prepare or not.

I don't even give it a second thought.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer