Japanese Debt

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Japanese Debt

Post by fschmidt »

This is a good article on Japanese debt.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/20 ... -ask-japan

This is why I finished selling all of my stock funds yesterday. When Japan crashes, it will be a worldwide financial disaster.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

As a matter of fact, the printing presses of Japan are going crazy too.

Apparently Japan prints 80 billion dollars a month, while America prints 85 billion dollars a month.

Both combined print about 1 trillion fiat currency per year!

For those people who are crazy about stocks, mutual funds and bonds......you're in trouble once the market crashes because the stock, mutual fun and bond markets will collapse as well.

While real estate, gold, silver, water storages, food storages, oil and gas will help you make it through the financial crises.

THEN, the whole world will get a unified monetary system collapse after the and it will end up being good again.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

I've known this for some time now. Japan has the public debt in the world leading many financial analysts to believe a Japanese bond market crash could be the catalyst for a global financial collapse.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Japan has been stagnant for decades. Their collapse will likely not be the end of the world, and is generally viewed as inevitable due to demographic and social factors. Most of their assets will be quickly swallowed up by wealthy investors and moved to China, as there are not enough future workers in Japan to keep their key industries functioning. There will be a brief period of global recession, but not total economic collapse, when the Japanese economy finally commits seppuku.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

HouseMD wrote:Japan has been stagnant for decades. Their collapse will likely not be the end of the world, and is generally viewed as inevitable due to demographic and social factors. Most of their assets will be quickly swallowed up by wealthy investors and moved to China, as there are not enough future workers in Japan to keep their key industries functioning. There will be a brief period of global recession, but not total economic collapse, when the Japanese economy finally commits seppuku.
It's impossible to predict the size of the crash, but I expect something like the crash of 2008 which means another big stock market crash which will be a good time to buy stocks.