Ideas for portable small business?

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Ideas for portable small business?

Post by Johnny1975 »

Any ideas anyone? Something that you can do anywhere. Something simple, pleasant, and not too hard or complicated to set up.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Ideas for portable small business?

Post by djfourmoney »

Johnny1975 wrote:Any ideas anyone? Something that you can do anywhere. Something simple, pleasant, and not too hard or complicated to set up.
Google Niche Site or SEO

Failing that, the best thing to do is be on the ground in whatever country you want to go too. From there you will get ideas for businesses from just looking at niches and the competition.

Start-up cost would be a 1/3 of what they are here.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Dope :shock:
Time to Hide!
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Moretorque wrote:Dope :shock:
Is that an attempt at humor? Of course the OP could have scrolled down the main forum page a bit further and found this - viewforum.php?f=17
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 13th, 2020, 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mand38
Freshman Poster

Post by mand38 »

If you have money to invest ($1K - $XX K) go to flippa dot com, you can buy existing 'portable' business as you said :) It is largest marketplace of established sites which makes income, prices vary from 10 to 30 monthly incomes. So if you target business that will make you $2.000/month, you can buy for ~20-25K such established 'portable business'.
jboy
Freshman Poster

Post by jboy »

I used to sell ebooks back during the days it wasn't the norm yet and readers are the most techy thing on earth. Perhaps a website or a forum is a good idea? U don't need to know much, just fast typing skills, a case of verbal diarrhea and may be invite some other guys to post the quality content. Use this forum as a template and inspiration lol.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

Well this is a timely post....the Mens Business Association is just about to move on to the next stage...this will be where we invite people to register both to the site and for our newsletter that will be coming out in a little while.

I am building a "marketing machine" using all my background experience. The most important piece will be to get men AND WOMEN to register to the MBA so as to be able to get offers from sellers in the MBA. We will manage the email outbounds to MBA registered users. So men who want to sell things will be able to come to us and do outbound selling....but only if they have something we think is really good to sell.

It is the selling side that most men are bad at.....so drop by and register.

http://www.mensbusinessassociation.com

Note:
To subscribe to our Newsletter: subscribe@mensbusinessassociation.com

To have one of our staff register you to the site send your details to: register@mensbusinessassociation.com
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

djfourmoney wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:Any ideas anyone? Something that you can do anywhere. Something simple, pleasant, and not too hard or complicated to set up.
The best thing to do is be on the ground in whatever country you want to go too. From there you will get ideas for businesses from just looking at niches and the competition.

I agree with that ... especially in the import export industry. There may be lots of local things you can sell/export to your country, or import.
Cheap skilled labour is another market to get into because the cost of living in the said country may allow you to offer their services at international rates where you'll still be able to pay them well & have gains too, 8) .. you'll have to have great HR, PR, & be organised for this one.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Renata wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
The best thing to do is be on the ground in whatever country you want to go too. From there you will get ideas for businesses from just looking at niches and the competition.

I agree with that ... especially in the import export industry. There may be lots of local things you can sell/export to your country, or import.
Cheap skilled labour is another market to get into because the cost of living in the said country may allow you to offer their services at international rates where you'll still be able to pay them well & have gains too, 8) .. you'll have to have great HR, PR, & be organised for this one.
Import/Export can be tricky it depends on what country you're in. On a site of a guy that lives in Brazil he suggested as one of your preparations for moving to Brazil is to buy a IPhone 5 and sell it locally when you get into the country. Items like that are very expensive in Latin America because only about a 1/3rd of the population down there can afford an IPhone 5. Purchased unlocked in America runs about $500, you can sell it twice that in Brazil...

If all else fails, go to Central America and get a job in a call center, they love native English speakers... No experience or certificates needed.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Look at buying a Franchise. The person who opens the first Subway in Myanmar will probably do pretty darned well.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

xiongmao wrote:Look at buying a Franchise. The person who opens the first Subway in Myanmar will probably do pretty darned well.
I agree! Burma/Myanmar is a goldmine of opportunities. Imagine if you were able to go back in time and start a business during the 70s in South Korea or the 90s in China. That's why I'm heading to Asia--I want to make it my home base of operations for future business opportunities.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Im opening a food franchise in the PI. Actually it started operations today, so we'll see what happens.

The interesting thing is I am still stateside and things are handled through my VA.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

mguy wrote:Im opening a food franchise in the PI. Actually it started operations today, so we'll see what happens.

The interesting thing is I am still stateside and things are handled through my VA.
Really? Can you explain the process for us? I would really like to know since I'm a veteran myself.
Jacaré
Freshman Poster

Post by Jacaré »

Mguy, that's good to hear! I'd be curious to hear more about it.

Cheers.