Job Security Is Dead

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Maker55
Junior Poster

Job Security Is Dead

Post by Maker55 »

Job Security is an industrial age idea.

We're in the information age now and it's now the age of the entrepreneurs.

Basically, job security is dead.

Either adapt or perish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjH0kzUPTXI
You're where you're at in life because of your thoughts.

What you think about the most is what you will eventually manifest in your life.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

So true. I think it is wise to "hatch" from the nest a tad latter, so you can apply excess cash to entrepeneurial ventures.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Absolutely true! The days of lifetime employment with a company no longer exist--except if you work for the government. But government jobs are had to get because of fierce competition and affirmative action policies that discriminate against a smart person like me. I think owning your own business is the way to go in this new economic age....
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

People have to be entrepreneurs, break laws, or be international crime lords to get ahead these days if they aren't born wealthy. People turn to crime if they can't be entrepreneurs and if they can't get a good employment to support a reasonable lifestyle. It's no wonder why American and Western society has increasing crime rates.

The rules are stacked against the average person. Social mobility in the Western World is like a myth or a legend confined to the history books. The tax code benefits the elites. In countries like America poverty is allows to spread and undermine the stability of a society. The people who expect to get ahead by playing by the rules, conforming to the status quo, working as a serf in a large or multinational corporation enriching the pockets of executives that thrive off exploitation, then paying their dues to unjust regimes like the U.S. Government will never get ahead. My morality isn't based off conforming to American rules of law. I think people have to resort to Machiavellianism if they want to get ahead in society and rise up the ranks. In today's world there is no honor among the thieves.

Common people say "Render onto Caesar that is Caesar's" or "Taxes go to bettering society" or "Work hard and you will get ahead." That is the rabble of Americans using a Bible passage to justify their own poverty using, brainwashed populace willingly paying up, or people conforming to the rules of a former golden age of American society before America and a majority of Western Europe started to decay. It disgusts me when I hear people chant America's top three serf-propaganda slogans.
Maker55
Junior Poster

Post by Maker55 »

The internet/computer improves a companies' production without needing as many human workers.

So expect to see more workers out of jobs in the next decade while computers/internet performs tasks with more proficiency.

Following the market crash, we're going to see the biggest gap between the rich and the poor ever.
You're where you're at in life because of your thoughts.

What you think about the most is what you will eventually manifest in your life.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

Good thread.
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I walked out of a stable job. I was a good worker, but by boss was an idiot. Well I walked before I was fired.

Here in China they're churning out good workers in their millions. But I don't see a lot of creativity here.

You don't have to be born wealthy though.

Being flexible helps. My first career after I graduated didn't even exist when I started my degree.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Array9
Freshman Poster

Post by Array9 »

Maker55 wrote:The internet/computer improves a companies' production without needing as many human workers.

So expect to see more workers out of jobs in the next decade while computers/internet performs tasks with more proficiency.
Exactly. As a child I went to the Ridgewood Savings bank(For any New Yawkers out there) with my mother. I still vividly remember this bank having about 8-10 tellers on top of a few employees sitting at desk to help people with loans/new accounts. Today, you will be lucky to find more than two bank tellers and one office person.

You can do take care of most of your banking needs today without even talking to a human. I can make deposits, check my balance and transfer funds from an ATM or on my computer.
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.