Philippines Soon To Join Tiger Economies

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Ginger
Freshman Poster

Re: Philippines Soon To Join Tiger Economies : UPDATE

Post by Ginger »

:)
Last edited by Ginger on July 6th, 2013, 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
I do not promise to be gingerly :P
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Ginger wrote:
Taco wrote:Philippines GDP is currently ranked 46th in the world, by 2020 its projected to be 16th.

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/ph-soon-to-joi ... xpert.html

Philippines - Highest Business Sentiment in Asia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuyMwoo_5wM

3rd quarter GDP is 7.1, that is more than double of the GDP for last year on the same time period. Currently it is the leading GDP for SEA.

Moreso, GDP for January-September of this year is also twice of the same time period as last year.

I'm feeling optimistic, pinoys rely on whoever leads the country. Noynoy Aquino (Cory Aquino's son) seems to be doing a good job re-instilling pinoy pride and over-all trust in the government. Might as well start buying real estate now :)
I am often a lurker ( and an occasional poster) on all these Filipino boards- they are an interesting read- there is always some Filipino criticising the gov't and some criticizing the people. Then, there is always some Kano posting there and complaining about the devil-may-care attitude of some Pinoys. Then there is someone suddenly posting "Proud to be a Filipino!". Then the Kano asks why he is proud. No one can answer conclusively and no one does. They just repost-" Flip rules, proud to be a Flip". Again, the Kano asks why and asks why when he went to Manila he saw a policeman urinating in public. Then all the Pinoys attack the Kano and cuss him out. Then someone writes bad things about the poreigners and the Americans ( synonyms) and the Caucasian pigs and white monkeys. It all ends with many f--k yous and then that is the end of the thread.

Then you go on another Filipino board and the same thing repeats again. The funny thing about it all- the ones who attack the Kano and the ones who are proud to be Pinoys and post bad things about the US are living in the USA( !!!) working in the US economy and many are US citizens ( OMG). And the Kano who is criticising the Pinoys is living in the Philippines, married there with a permanent residency and kids there. Ha ha ha. So funny! Anyway, reading those boards is one big laughter.

But next time someone asks why you are proud to be a Pinoy- you can say that your economy is growing faster than the US economy. That is something to be proud of.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

ladislav wrote: I am often a lurker ( and an occasional poster) on all these Filipino boards- they are an interesting read- there is always some Filipino criticising the gov't and some criticizing the people. Then, there is always some Kano posting there and complaining about the devil-may-care attitude of some Pinoys. Then there is someone suddenly posting "Proud to be a Filipino!". Then the Kano asks why he is proud. No one can answer conclusively and no one does. They just repost-" Flip rules, proud to be a Flip". Again, the Kano asks why and asks why when he went to Manila he saw a policeman urinating in public. Then all the Pinoys attack the Kano and cuss him out. Then someone writes bad things about the poreigners and the Americans ( synonyms) and the Caucasian pigs and white monkeys. It all ends with many f--k yous and then that is the end of the thread.

Then you go on another Filipino board and the same thing repeats again. The funny thing about it all- the ones who attack the Kano and the ones who are proud to be Pinoys and post bad things about the US are living in the USA( !!!) working in the US economy and many are US citizens ( OMG). And the Kano who is criticising the Pinoys is living in the Philippines, married there with a permanent residency and kids there. Ha ha ha. So funny! Anyway, reading those boards is one big laughter.

But next time someone asks why you are proud to be a Pinoy- you can say that your economy is growing faster than the US economy. That is something to be proud of.
I don't have anywhere near your experience, and I only read English, no Tagalog.

But I have been struck by the brutal honesty and humility of the occasional Filipino blogger or poster, lambasting his society and his government. I think they are the only nationality which does so, besides (enlightened) Americans, and a few grumpy Brits.

Everyone else on the internet just brags.

IMO, being honest about problems is the first step to fixing them.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Hopefully a Filipina will never become president again.

Historically, the economy languishes when woman becomes president. When the chick called Cory Aquino, who through her husband (not through effort), came to power the country sunk into deep recession. Then Arroyo, another chick, managed to steal the show (not through vote) the economy stagnated.

Philippine politics is littered with Filipinas. Over-empowered feminazi types who cannot rule (think independent Black women) and bring the country together. When a male is power it more accurately reflect the posture of society. :-)
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Ginger wrote:
Taco wrote:Philippines GDP is currently ranked 46th in the world, by 2020 its projected to be 16th.

3rd quarter GDP is 7.1, that is more than double of the GDP for last year on the same time period. Currently it is the leading GDP for SEA.

Moreso, GDP for January-September of this year is also twice of the same time period as last year.

I'm feeling optimistic, pinoys rely on whoever leads the country. Noynoy Aquino (Cory Aquino's son) seems to be doing a good job re-instilling pinoy pride and over-all trust in the government. Might as well start buying real estate now :)
This does not really say anything. Filipina and money management do not mix. Sorry.

Reminds me of my neighbor here in the states, a Filipina girl (straight from Philippines!) who married white guy plumber/facilities of my apartment complex. She was angry and bitching to me that she got conned thinking he got money. I was laughing the whole time thinking of the logic Filipinas typically use "white=money". The plumber got game but also told me how he worried she might leave him as fixed my washer unit. Still cracks me up.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Ginger
Freshman Poster

Post by Ginger »

mguy wrote:
Ginger wrote:

This does not really say anything. Filipina and money management do not mix.

Dude, get therapy, you have issues over the fact that I am pinay and it's really pathological (hatred of all pinays when you are a pinoy). Hmm says a lot about your mommy issues lol.

White boy wannabe strikes again! Keep trolling my posts :)
I do not promise to be gingerly :P
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

This site is littered with American guys who are hating on American females, yet you me call me pathological?

Typical Female behavior. Hypocrisy right here!

fdiv
Freshman Poster

Re:

Post by fdiv »

Jester wrote:
November 27th, 2012, 11:37 pm
zboy1 wrote:The Philippines will never be as economically advanced as the rest of East Asia due to massive corruption, poor education, overpopulation, and bureaucracy. That, and the the Filipinos are not as hard-working and entrepreneurial as the more prosperous Asians. I doubt the Philippines will ever reach developed status in my lifetime...
Not arguing with your facts.

But re your conclusion, let me play devil's advocate:

Thai, Indonesians and Malaysians are also relaxed type cultures... yet the countries have powerful growing economies. Right?
Malaysia and Indonesia are centered on a&m, and Thailand is still poor.
options in the US: maybe have a shot at a angry bluehaired landwhale and then, prison :roll:
options abroad: limitless 8)