How to learn trading

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

How to learn trading

Post by MrPeabody »

If some of you out there are interested in trading, I will give you the most inexpensive way to get started. This post is for those who are mature enough to realize that trading is a profession and very hard work. If you are suited to it, then in several years you may become profitable.

I am posting this because there is a scam industry out there where people pay thousands of dollars for worthless products. There are no secrets in the markets. There is no secret system or secret indicator. If such a thing existed, it would literally be discovered within a minute by arbitrageurs, and the markets would become efficient again. The first rule of trading – treat it like a business and don't throw away money on scams.

When you are learning, get information for free. The people selling systems are selling them because they can’t make money trading. Trading can be hugely profitable for a winning system, and if someone had this, he could make far more money trading, then peddling a product.

To get trading information, I recommend the below website. You can join the elite section for $50 and download fully functional systems for free that have been developed by members. The membership has some highly experienced traders (some who have written books) and it is a serious website. Some of the members have generously offered their systems to help other traders.

http://www.bigmiketrading.com/

Next, get an account at a futures firm and use Ninja Trader as your front end. You can then directly download developed indicators and templates from Big Mike to Ninja Trader.

Next, trade your system in simulation mode. The simulator is realistic and won’t give you false confidence. This is important – do not trade real money until you are profitable for several months.

Next, when you trade live, start with the smallest amount possible. Trade only one contract. Or better yet, find a stock broker and trade small lots of stock. Start trading small and then when you have confidence, slowly increase your size.

If you follow the above it should keep you out of trouble. For a man who is willing to treat trading as a profession, this could be his way to an independent lifestyle because he will be able to trade anywhere there is an Internet.
Last edited by MrPeabody on October 9th, 2011, 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Hook
Freshman Poster

Post by Hook »

In order to win at futures trading (i.e. do better than average), you have to outsmart the combined intelligence of everyone participating in the market.

Good luck.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I did very well trading on bollinger bands. I got quite good at one stage, but the returns were modest compared to the money I could make by running my own small business instead.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Hook wrote:In order to win at futures trading (i.e. do better than average), you have to outsmart the combined intelligence of everyone participating in the market.

Good luck.
That's a false statement.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Are you talking about trading stocks? Like with Etrade or something?

I used to do that back in the 90's. I found that if Money magazine picks a company as the most likely to grow, then it usually does. One time in 1999, it picked Sun Microsystems as the best stock to invest in, because its assets and liabilities ratio looked the best and had the best potential to grow. For some reason, I didn't listen to them and instead invested some money my dad gave me to play the stock market, into Intel instead. That turned out to be a huge mistake, because after a few months, Sun Microsystem's stock price doubled. So if I had put all my money in it, it would have doubled.

So I'm wondering, can't someone just follow Money magazine's pick each month and invest in the stock they recommend, and earn a profit from that? Is it that simple?

I don't remember if it was Money magazine, Fortune or something else though. But it was some kind of popular financial magazine.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
nidayaqoob1230
Freshman Poster

Post by nidayaqoob1230 »

Starting investments on stocks by using an online broker.
Any tips to this new-by so I don't lose my money and make some extra to pay my bills instead?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How to learn trading

Post by Jester »

MrPeabody wrote:If some of you out there are interested in trading, I will give you the most inexpensive way to get started. This post is for those who are mature enough to realize that trading is a profession and very hard work. If you are suited to it, then in several years you may become profitable.

I am posting this because there is a scam industry out there where people pay thousands of dollars for worthless products. There are no secrets in the markets. There is no secret system or secret indicator. If such a thing existed, it would literally be discovered within a minute by arbitrageurs, and the markets would become efficient again. The first rule of trading – treat it like a business and don't throw away money on scams.

When you are learning, get information for free. The people selling systems are selling them because they can’t make money trading. Trading can be hugely profitable for a winning system, and if someone had this, he could make far more money trading, then peddling a product.

To get trading information, I recommend the below website. You can join the elite section for $50 and download fully functional systems for free that have been developed by members. The membership has some highly experienced traders (some who have written books) and it is a serious website. Some of the members have generously offered their systems to help other traders.

Next, get an account at a futures firm and use Ninja Trader as your front end. You can then directly download developed indicators and templates from Big Mike to Ninja Trader.

Next, trade your system in simulation mode. The simulator is realistic and won’t give you false confidence. This is important – do not trade real money until you are profitable for several months.

Next, when you trade live, start with the smallest amount possible. Trade only one contract. Or better yet, find a stock broker and trade small lots of stock. Start trading small and then when you have confidence, slowly increase your size.

If you follow the above it should keep you out of trouble. For a man who is willing to treat trading as a profession, this could be his way to an independent lifestyle because he will be able to trade anywhere there is an Internet.
Thanks
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Peabody,

Are you recommending future trading over just plain stocks? Sorry if sound stupid. I joined big mike trading forum and well to be honest it's intimidating. I did join the elite clubs and feel very lost....
TRADER1972
Freshman Poster

Post by TRADER1972 »

chanta76 wrote:Peabody,

Are you recommending future trading over just plain stocks? Sorry if sound stupid. I joined big mike trading forum and well to be honest it's intimidating. I did join the elite clubs and feel very lost....
Go to stockcharts.com and use their chartschool.
Toni Turner has good and easy to understand books. You can buy them on Amazon for under $10.

Watch bloomberg or CNBC if you have it to get more familiar with the news that affects the markets.

Start with books and websites and slowly learn. It does seem overwhelming at first, but it is worth it if you can become moderately successful.

Typically, stocks are easier than futures. More people bomb out in futures but the startup costs are lower. Stocks allow a person to start very slow and build confidence. Many stocks move slow enough to not be so intimidated.
I would rather make $2000 a month working for myself, then $4000 a month working for a bitch.
DevilsAdvocate
Freshman Poster

Post by DevilsAdvocate »

Well I would tell all of you that you have no idea what you're talking about but it would be a big waste of time and you wouldn't believe me anyway, so I'll just sit here and laugh my f***ing ass off at the f***ing stupidity of my fellow man.

By the way, the entire Futures markets are controlled by a computer program, I broke the f***ing code in 2006....

But I'm all through trying to help you lame brains, you're all so stupid it's not even funny, it's like talking to mental retards who cannot understand even the most basic simple things.

So I have to listen to what other people say and not be able to tell them anything at all otherwise some two bit f***ing low IQ punk will tell me I'm a f***ing scam, when in reality I could not only kick this persons ass, but I have a million times their level of intellect.

And if a person like me comes around and tries to teach you the f***ing, what the f**k you punks going to say to me? Huh?

That I'm a f***ing scam.....

Well I got news for you, it's you who is the f***ing scam and you don't even f***ing know it, because everything you believe to be true is a f***ing lie.

I laugh my ass off at you f***ing rejects.....

Signed,

Devils Advocate
DevilsAdvocate
Freshman Poster

Post by DevilsAdvocate »

MrPeabody wrote:If some of you out there are interested in trading, I will give you the most inexpensive way to get started. This post is for those who are mature enough to realize that trading is a profession and very hard work. If you are suited to it, then in several years you may become profitable.

It's people like you that have caused me all my problems, idiots and morons who have no clue. For instance, you want to talk about stocks? How much you want to bet that I can easily out trade you on any given day you want? Hmmm?

Do which broker you can short OTC stocks with? Including bk stocks? Do you know the mathematical reason why shorting is superior and easier? Do you know about gapping stocks?

And all you will do is stick to what all the sheep do, and make my job as a professional trader easy as can be, because it's easy to take your money from you, you're dumber than a box of rocks, buying every spike, shorting every dip, like a predictable monkey I know your every move.

And funny, because now I don't even need to take your stupid money, I simply take the computers money within the Futures markets, something you don't have the brainpower to understand.

Signed,

Devils Advocate
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

DevilsAdvocate wrote:

It's people like you that have caused me all my problems, idiots and morons who have no clue. For instance, you want to talk about stocks? How much you want to bet that I can easily out trade you on any given day you want? Hmmm?

Do which broker you can short OTC stocks with? Including bk stocks? Do you know the mathematical reason why shorting is superior and easier? Do you know about gapping stocks?

And all you will do is stick to what all the sheep do, and make my job as a professional trader easy as can be, because it's easy to take your money from you, you're dumber than a box of rocks, buying every spike, shorting every dip, like a predictable monkey I know your every move.

And funny, because now I don't even need to take your stupid money, I simply take the computers money within the Futures markets, something you don't have the brainpower to understand.

Signed,

Devils Advocate
I see you haven't taken your meds again. Your troll post was a flurry of ignorance so there is nothing to respond to. Congratulations, you have been added to my ignore list.
Last edited by MrPeabody on August 3rd, 2012, 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

hey Trader ,

Thanks for the advice.

Devil,

I think in the thread about Joe you mentioned you wrote a free guide . I'm curious to take a look at that guide if you still have it. And Devil your right I have no idea about the futures or anything about it. I wasn't laughing when I ask you for your help . It's up to you if you want to offer it or not.
DevilsAdvocate
Freshman Poster

Post by DevilsAdvocate »

MrPeabody wrote:
DevilsAdvocate wrote:

Signed,

Devils Advocate
I see you haven't taken your meds again. Your troll post was a flurry of ignorance so there is nothing to respond to.

That's because you don't have the brainpower to respond, and you know it, you know that you are idiot beyond belief. But let me make it very clear to you, I hate your guts, be thankful that we don't meet in person, or I would make you shut your mouth, trust me on this, and there isn't a f***ing thing you could do about it, for I am the man, and you are the sissy little bitch boy that you are.

By the way, I have a million times your level of intellect.....

My peabody punk boy, f***ing low IQ reject of a human being....

Signed,

Devils Advocate
DevilsAdvocate
Freshman Poster

Post by DevilsAdvocate »

MrPeabody wrote:
DevilsAdvocate wrote:

Signed,

Devils Advocate
I see you haven't taken your meds again. Your troll post was a flurry of ignorance so there is nothing to respond to. Congratulations, you have been added to my ignore list.

By the way, you couldn't trade your way out of a wet paper bag with both ends wide the f**k open....

Now you want see some real trading you dumb f**k? Huh? You low IQ dumb f**k, here is some real trading of stocks:

http://www.daytrading-gapping-swingtrading.com

That's my website moron....

I know more about trading stocks than your IQ brain is capable of comprehending.

And I broke the entire futures markets code here:

http://www.oiltradingacademy.com

So go f**k yourself Mr. Peabody f***ing low IQ reject of a human being, ROTFLOL.....

Signed,

Devils Advocate