Intelligent People Have Fewer Friends, Here's Why

Discuss personal development, self-improvement and motivational psychology.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Intelligent People Have Fewer Friends, Here's Why

Post by jamesbond »

It's a fact that intelligent people have fewer friends, this video explains why.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Re: Intelligent People Have Fewer Friends, Here's Why

Post by IraqVet2003 »

jamesbond wrote:It's a fact that intelligent people have fewer friends, this video explains why.

Great post and video!!! I can certainly relate a lot to what it talked about.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Why intelligent people are more lonely.

10 reasons intelligent people have fewer friends.

Why intelligent people struggle to find love.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here's why ironically, truly sociable people who are not afraid to talk to strangers or make eye contact with strangers, hate parties. You would think that people who are open and sociable would love parties right?

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

To be intelligent is to be a misanthrope because only then can the true nature of people be appreciated. To the misanthrope, ordinary people are a bore at best and a threat at worst. Finding the diamonds in the rough is a lifelong ordeal and takes the skills of only the most discerning.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

When you think about it, if you have a 130+ IQ then you are just as far removed from the snivelling multitudes as a person with Downs Syndrome, just in the other direction. We wouldn't blame downies for not relating to average organ banks on their level, so why should we blame intelligent people?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The German philosopher Friederich NIetzsche had a great analogy in his books. He said that if a man attains too much wisdom, knowledge and intellect, and becomes awakened or enlightened, he will be like one who climbs a very high mountain. At the top the view may be magnificent, breathtaking and beautiful. But there will be very few people if any. So he will be lonely and feel alone.

Very true. That's a great analogy of what it's like to be too intelligent or intellectual.

Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

I have almost no friends so I must be a genius.

Seriously though, I do have very few friends though and even then I hardly ever see them. Do I really want any more though? Not really. Most people make a lot of stupid mistakes and as a result have a lot of problems. I've concluded I'm a high IQ introvert that shuns most people and things because they are simply stupid, and/or a waste of time.

I'm a deep thinker and question almost everything, and most things that people do and take for granted I often see as illogical.
CodeHarder
Freshman Poster

Post by CodeHarder »

My brain is ten times bigger than other people's. It's like having ten times more friends *built in* so why should I seek out or require so many other brains or rather "friends" as much? My brain is the bestest friend ever and its never coming second, third, fourth, firth, tenth or further place.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Why is it many give out detrimental names to those with only a few friends such as "loner" or "weirdo"?

Don't they realise that some of us have high standards when it comes to friendship? Anyway, I'm sure there was a study compiled not so long ago regarding the number of close friends the average person has over a lifetime and the figure wasn't high at all. Two or three.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Sometimes you realize your friend is not really your friend. Sometimes your "friend" is secretly jealous. Although he has lots of good things, he may not want to see you with something good, and may seek to lie to you to discourage you, or he may try to sabotage your efforts behind your back. I've been very disappointed by many people when I finally realized that they were just lying to me profusely for the sake of their egos or even to take me down.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

When I was in college my behavioral psychology teacher told us that studies have shown that people with high IQ's have less friends than people with low IQ's. It is true, the more intelligent you are, the less friends you will have.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

jamesbond wrote:
December 15th, 2018, 1:43 am
When I was in college my behavioral psychology teacher told us that studies have shown that people with high IQ's have less friends than people with low IQ's. It is true, the more intelligent you are, the less friends you will have.
Well of course, because the further you are removed from the average bozo.
Luberg
Freshman Poster

Post by Luberg »

Interesting study; I think it has a lot of truth in it :) .
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »