Here’s What The Ideal Male Body Looks Like In Diff Countries

Discuss personal development, self-improvement and motivational psychology.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Here’s What The Ideal Male Body Looks Like In Diff Countries

Post by Mr S »

According to this, I'd be best to hit Macedonia, that's the closest body to my type, albeit I'm a little bit more muscular in the upper body than the photo for that country.

Now you know how demented American ideals of beauty are, the American picture is the most unrealistic of all of them.

I find the Russian picture amusing, I could never look like that. The Philippines one just goes to show how much they tend to copy American ideals on everything, including beauty. What's up with Egypt? I don't think most male Egyptians look anything close to that picture!

I guess it's okay to be a little pudgy looking in Australia, matches the overweight theme happening over there I guess.

I suppose I still have a decent chance in most countries according to this, except my own America of course!

http://www.unilad.co.uk/pics/heres-what ... countries/

Here’s What The Ideal Male Body Looks Like In Different Countries

Stereotypically, when the topic of body confidence is broached, people often assume women must be the subject, but high street chemist Superdrug have highlighted just how much men are affected too.

The company has recently revealed part two of its ‘Perceptions of Perfection’ campaign, where it asked designers across the globe to retouch an image to reflect the ideal male body in their country.

The images that you can see are the edited photos received.

Superdrug contacted designers around the world with the following brief:

Photoshop and retouch this man to make him more attractive to the people of your country.

We are studying attraction and how that differs across the world. Multiple designers are involved, each from a different country.

All changes, including those to his shape, form, coloration, etc., are up to you. You can modify any feature. We recommend against further covering his form with clothing as your submission may not be accepted.

Chief Executive of YMCA England, and founding partner of the Be Real campaign for body confidence, Denise Hatton said:

Superdrug’s second ‘Perceptions of Perfection’ report shines a much-needed light on the pressures men across the globe face regarding body image.

Men suffer equally with women around low body confidence as many strive to attain a standard of ‘attractiveness’ that is both often unobtainable and, as this report shows, driven by cultural perceptions and advertising ideals.

Our own research found that 40% of men in the UK felt pressure from television and magazines to have a ‘perfect’ body and this has negative effects on how they view themselves and others.

We hope this report helps to empower men to place their physical and mental health above appearance to ensure we become a nation where body confidence is, in fact, the cultural norm.

Let’s just chalk off the U.S. as a potential emigration destination right now then, but kudos to Australia where the dad-bod is clearly king.

On the whole, the images suggest a hint of realism as to what a male body should look like, but there are clearly certain standards around the world which men are also under pressure to conform to.

If you are experiencing a form of body dysmorphic disorder, eating disorder, or health issue related to appearance don’t suffer in silence – speak to someone who can help.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Here’s What The Ideal Male Body Looks Like In Diff Count

Post by Moretorque »

Where is a picture of Mr. Wu ?
Time to Hide!
prtalex
Freshman Poster

Post by prtalex »

Moretorque wrote:Where is a picture of Mr. Wu ?
Do you mean Chinese?
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

prtalex wrote:
Do you mean Chinese?
I mean for any living specimen present or past!
Time to Hide!
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Australia and Serbia seem to be easy places to 'compete.' Do they guys there go for the chunky women and leave the scrawny ones for foreigners to marry up?
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

We want to see Mr. Wu in the raw...... WHERES Mr. Wu IN THE RAW!!!!! :P
Time to Hide!
bostero
Freshman Poster

Post by bostero »

The US example is a joke. How many Yanks do you know who take care of themselves like that?
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

bostero wrote:The US example is a joke. How many Yanks do you know who take care of themselves like that?
I have the American's six-pack and a good bit of muscle, though not quite those deltoids, but bald on top. Six-pack is easy: just stop eating so much. Everyone has a six-pack under the blubber. Building those deltoids might require more testosterone than I have (age 55).
aileensiddiqui
Freshman Poster

Post by aileensiddiqui »

bostero wrote:The US example is a joke. How many Yanks do you know who take care of themselves like that?
NONE lol