In the Meantime . . .

Discuss personal development, self-improvement and motivational psychology.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

In the Meantime . . .

Post by Blue Murder »

I'm in an odd mood and got to thinking. I started talking to myself. I said, "Self, what are ways to make the current situation better?" This isn't a thread I've seen yet and if it exists it's not hot so maybe a redo is in order anyway. It's pretty safe to assume that everyone here wants to be happy. Right? Right! I don't need to repeat what the site is about because we all get it by now. If you do not, you better MFing ask somebody. With things the way they are now, it seems the HA finish line is becoming more and more distant, and I imagine that the members see themselves as running backwards instead of forwards. Or maybe off to the side like when an F1 crashes. You know when the wheels bend and . . . sorry, ADD kicking in!

Everyone here, to some degree, dislikes the west. We each have our own reasons -- some we might have in common or overlap with each other -- but that is the constant; the west is not for us and we want to leave it in some meaningful way. Great. Now, some members have pointed out defeatism, and rather than try to fight it directly I'm taking a new approach. The west is still in . . . moderately decent shape, enough to where we can try to mould and adapt/change some ish while we're here. The point of this thread is for those of you who can't leave. It's for us to discuss how we can get what we want (or at least some of it) here, in the meantime, until our financial/other prospects change and we're able to leave. Whether it's meeting a nice girl, surrounding yourself with decent people or . . . I don't know. You tell me!
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 12th, 2020, 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Re: In the Meantime . . .

Post by Blue Murder »

No posts yet? Bump. This thread has potential.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

I will tell you what you do. You are in a place you don't want to be in, right? That makes you a prisoner. What does a prisoner do? He works out, he eats, he shits, he reads, and he waits. He dreams of freedom, but his options are limited. Ours aren't. We can read too. Work out. Improve ourselves. At the same time, we engage in all those opportunities the prisoner does not have; we work. We make money. We save up.

In the meantime, you should not just wait, you should ACT. Get off your ass, and get busy. No excuses. Too many people here come up with excuses, and for what? Why would you come up with excuses, just to save your online reputation? Ridiculous. Admit your flaws, admit you're a lazy f**k, and then proceed to stop being a lazy f**k. You have people on the internet who take pride in not being a part of a system. An office job is below them; what do you think they are, a "wage slave"? A "slave to the system"? Get real. Sometimes you have to slave, before you can break out of your shackles. You have to do things you don't like. You have to suffer to be free.

All of us can escape. All of us can get things done. But a large percentage of us never will, because of lethargy, laziness and overall defeatism coated in a thick layer of excuses and bullshit. It's sad. A few more days, a week, a week and a half perhaps, and I will walking in the sun. Make love to a beautiful woman. Drink with my friends at night, talking about life, joking, having fun. I'll play with my child in the garden, I will engage in business, travel around, make plans, start blogging, finish my novel... and you will sit behind your screens, watching videos and news articles filled with doom and gloom, cursing the world, cursing society, cursing God and Mother Nature and feminism... while the world you curse moves on, without you.

There is no "meantime". There is only here, right now, and you can choose to do something and get somewhere, or do nothing and stay right where you are.

What will it be?
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

MarcosZeitola wrote:I will tell you what you do. You are in a place you don't want to be in, right? That makes you a prisoner. What does a prisoner do? He works out, he eats, he shits, he reads, and he waits. He dreams of freedom, but his options are limited. Ours aren't. We can read too. Work out. Improve ourselves. At the same time, we engage in all those opportunities the prisoner does not have; we work. We make money. We save up.

In the meantime, you should not just wait, you should ACT. Get off your a**, and get busy. No excuses. Too many people here come up with excuses, and for what? Why would you come up with excuses, just to save your online reputation? Ridiculous. Admit your flaws, admit you're a lazy f**k, and then proceed to stop being a lazy f**k. You have people on the internet who take pride in not being a part of a system. An office job is below them; what do you think they are, a "wage slave"? A "slave to the system"? Get real. Sometimes you have to slave, before you can break out of your shackles. You have to do things you don't like. You have to suffer to be free.

All of us can escape. All of us can get things done. But a large percentage of us never will, because of lethargy, laziness and overall defeatism coated in a thick layer of excuses and bullshit. It's sad. A few more days, a week, a week and a half perhaps, and I will walking in the sun. Make love to a beautiful woman. Drink with my friends at night, talking about life, joking, having fun. I'll play with my child in the garden, I will engage in business, travel around, make plans, start blogging, finish my novel... and you will sit behind your screens, watching videos and news articles filled with doom and gloom, cursing the world, cursing society, cursing God and Mother Nature and feminism... while the world you curse moves on, without you.

There is no "meantime". There is only here, right now, and you can choose to do something and get somewhere, or do nothing and stay right where you are.

What will it be?
I think the bold part in particular really stands out and makes your point agreeable to a degree. I was talking to a member on skype and I kept trying to motivate him. I did keep it realistic though. I explained that he's looking for a golden egg, which won't happen in a foreign country (99% of the time). As a foreigner, and a first world westerner at that, no country is going to look at you and say, "Come right on in! Here's a job, here are some virgins and here is your visa! Enjoy!" While I myself am adverse to the cube monster career path, I realise that sacrifice has to be made in terms of travel and finances. Life isn't a Burger King and we won't always have it out way. We'll need to WORK before we can PLAY. That's the point of this thread. To make the rain-trudging journey bearable until we make it to where the sun shines. We're forever trying to get to the finish line without a car, thinking we can beat F1s, stock cars and Le Mans touring cars with nothing but our feet.

I agree. The lazy do need a kick in the rear. But again, that's why this thread is here. To help those who are down in/on themselves but crave that change.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 12th, 2020, 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cdnFA
Junior Poster

Post by cdnFA »

I live with my father saving buckets of money. It doesn't hurt that we get along, he is old enough to want someone around and it isn't as if I would have a social life otherwise.

I am fully invested in what I consider to be promising but safe areas.

I just quit a job recently when some Thailand fanboy kept going on and on about how it was a sure thing even though he was thin and socially competent. In his mind nothing ever bad happened to anyone in Thailand. This set off a depressive spiral and well lets just say I almost broke down and cried in my last hour there. Small town, guys can't be doing that. My last two jobs about a decade ago fell part after 8 weeks from stress. I don't think work is much of an option for me and opportunities are ahem limited around here. I only got that last job because they needed 3 people to fill a training class 2 hours after it started and I knew someone. They overlooked my resume before that. When your resume is so shit that even call centers couldn't be bothered...

I am trying to hit the gym more often and lose weight but it is brutal hard. Anyone like those PUA assholes who think it is some automatic easy thing because it happened to be for that particular person or hasn’t gone through it is a completely ignorant cunt. The struggle continues.

I've tried Toastmasters and might go back even though I have no fear of public speaking but it could be something to do and some resume filler. However it had a certain vibe.
As far as I know there is nothing else in town aside from the Chess club which often only the organizer shows up for and of course is a sausage fest.
Small town woes.

I am trying to Learn Japanese, 880 Kanji, 40% of the Remembering the Kanji book so far. I really should be putting in more time but I every day get the feeling I am wasting my time. I would do Chinese but tones. Hindi has too many letters that sound alike and limited learning resources also oddly enough with RTK 2200 Kanji seem easier than Hindi script. No interest in Euro languages and any other language would be even harder to get resources for and even more useless if I don't go overseas. At least with Japanese I could do the JLPT and have something to put on the wall and maybe impress the Otaku [I'm not one, but I consider them brethren]. Hindi has Bollywood and the Chinese have a big movie industry and a few local speakers within an hour away. I don't think Japan is overtly promising but they do have a tradtion as they get older of getting pragmatic about getting married and still a lot of singles over 30 and it is a first world country. Even if I never leave home having a second language that is hard as balls can't hurt socially... if I ever met anyone remotely age appropriate and single. It sort of worked with those two PRC girls I met via POF and promtly face planted with. However I suspect they did appreciate my efforts, if anyone would know how hard Kanji is it would be someone who learned Hanzi.

Considering giving no fap a try. I am on the fence on this one also.

I'd like to meet a nice local girl. I really don't want to go overseas in the long term. Maybe for a few months but definably not longer than 182 days. All sorts of tax weirdness with the TFSA and the way I am set up now with dividend tax credits and the way capital gains are dealt with I don't pay taxes here, I would overseas.

I am really bitter that I feel the need to disrupt my life that drastically and go through some extreme efforts just for a forlorn hope chance at filling a basic human need. Double plus so when I know guys who are less than me in every way who can get a girlfriend at least sometime without being a badboy or dealing drugs either. I often wonder if it wouldn't be better to just give up.

If I was one of those occupy wall street asshats I'd probably start an occupy vagina movement. The theory is basically the same. However the internet already has that nuttery covered with the government gets girlfriends guy. Also not an asshat.