Will YOU Be Successful in Life?

Discuss personal development, self-improvement and motivational psychology.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Will YOU Be Successful in Life?

Post by xiongmao »

Hi guys (and girls!),

Not sure if this has been posted before, but some geeks worked out that you can tell if somebody will be successful in life just by answering around 10 carefully crafted questions...

https://sasupenn.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID= ... SOS2pZW9qR

Take the GRIT test and report your score back here. For the record, I scored 3.8. That's higher than 70% of the US population.

This isn't an IQ test. Instead it measures how doggedly persistent you are. The researchers have found that success comes not from IQ, but from hard work :D. A higher score will help a lot if you plan to go it alone overseas!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr.Darcy »

Letting some dumb online test predict your life is no different than letting tests and exams from high school/college predict it as well.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

"The researchers have found that success comes not from IQ, but from hard work"

They're wrong. Slaves work hard.

Talent, luck, connections, being in the right place at the right time, a good idea, beauty, any one of these things can lead to success whether the person is dumb as a bag of rocks or smart as Einstein. Whether they work 16 hours per day or not at all. Hard work usually leads to broken, miserable, downtrodden people.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr.Darcy »

The_Adventurer wrote:"The researchers have found that success comes not from IQ, but from hard work"

They're wrong. Slaves work hard.

Talent, luck, connections, being in the right place at the right time, a good idea, beauty, any one of these things can lead to success whether the person is dumb as a bag of rocks or smart as Einstein. Whether they work 16 hours per day or not at all. Hard work usually leads to broken, miserable, downtrodden people.
Connections, networking, hard work, and people skills. Today I was thinking how in the world am I going to invest in to some rising opportunities when I'm older. I realized that by having rich friends, these opportunities will be presented to you constantly.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

The_Adventurer wrote:Talent, luck, connections, being in the right place at the right time, a good idea, beauty, any one of these things can lead to success whether the person is dumb as a bag of rocks or smart as Einstein. Whether they work 16 hours per day or not at all. Hard work usually leads to broken, miserable, downtrodden people.
Finally some common sense on this subject. And in communist societies like the modern West, "success" is largely just a matter of whether the sadists at the top choose to hand you stuff, which they can do so or not on whatever basis they want.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Cornfed wrote: Finally some common sense on this subject. And in communist societies like the modern West, "success" is largely just a matter of whether the sadists at the top choose to hand you stuff, which they can do so or not on whatever basis they want.
And they can take it away anytime they want as well. Working in Hollywood, I worked with a lot of B movie directors, some of whom were easily more skilled than those churning out $100+ million blockbusters these days. So how do you make the jump from SyFy Channel pictures to the big leagues? Well, it's, "largely just a matter of whether the sadists at the top choose to hand you stuff..."
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 5th, 2020, 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

The questions in this test clearly refer to your own projects, not things you do for the man. The distinction is an important one. At 1.88, I'm grittier than one percent of Americans, which is to say not at all. But I seldom fail to carry out a commitment I make to other people, such as undertaking a job. The commitments I make to myself, however, are the merest of ephemeral velleities, blown away in a few days by any passing wind and replaced by a new project I won't complete. So, I'm pretty much on notice as to the persistence thing, since self-employment is my only viable option going forward.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Re: Will YOU Be Successful in Life?

Post by Renata »

xiongmao wrote:Hi guys (and girls!),

Not sure if this has been posted before, but some geeks worked out that you can tell if somebody will be successful in life just by answering around 10 carefully crafted questions...

https://sasupenn.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID= ... SOS2pZW9qR

Take the GRIT test and report your score back here. For the record, I scored 3.8. That's higher than 70% of the US population.

This isn't an IQ test. Instead it measures how doggedly persistent you are. The researchers have found that success comes not from IQ, but from hard work :D. A higher score will help a lot if you plan to go it alone overseas!
I'm always in the habit of cutting corners so I don't have to work hard lol, so my outcome would equal ...? 8)
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -