Do you feel like your subconscious mind is against you?

Discuss personal development, self-improvement and motivational psychology.
Winston
Site Admin

Do you feel like your subconscious mind is against you?

Post by Winston »

Do any of you ever feel like your own subconscious mind is against your conscious will? It's like when you make a conscious decision, something in your subconscious tries to find reasons to block you or counter you. Really weird. Any of you experience this too?

It's like there are two minds inside our head. One wants something, but the other takes the opposite position, like a devil's advocate.

Do any of you experience this too? It's very frustrating and makes it hard to get anything done or go in any one direction. It's like your mind is split against itself.

Why is this? Is it because your higher self or spiritual self is telling you something? Or do we just have a demon inside us that likes to f**k us up?

Is this what Dianetics and the Church of Scientology calls "the reactive mind"?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Flip a coin.
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Re: Do you feel like your subconscious mind is against you?

Post by jtest28 »

Winston wrote:Do any of you ever feel like your own subconscious mind is against your conscious will? It's like when you make a conscious decision, something in your subconscious tries to find reasons to block you or counter you. Really weird. Any of you experience this too?

It's like there are two minds inside our head. One wants something, but the other takes the opposite position, like a devil's advocate.

Do any of you experience this too? It's very frustrating and makes it hard to get anything done or go in any one direction. It's like your mind is split against itself.

Why is this? Is it because your higher self or spiritual self is telling you something? Or do we just have a demon inside us that likes to f**k us up?

Is this what Dianetics and the Church of Scientology calls "the reactive mind"?
I noticed this too. And not to be funny, but only when I'm in The States. I felt just fine last time I was outta here.
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

Winston, Do you also have "Monsters from the ID" lurking in your mind too? LOL.

It's been explained to me, in simple terms, the subconscious mind can be very stubborn, selfish, self-centered and hard for the conscious mind to deal with. When the conscious mind and the subconscious mind's desires conflict, that's when you have mental problems, as you described. The trick is to convince the subconscious that it can't have its own way and why.

When that is accomplished and you have the subconscious mind cooperating and working with the conscious mind, then you can accomplish and success follows.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Halwick wrote:Winston, Do you also have "Monsters from the ID" lurking in your mind too? LOL.

It's been explained to me, in simple terms, the subconscious mind can be very stubborn, selfish, self-centered and hard for the conscious mind to deal with. When the conscious mind and the subconscious mind's desires conflict, that's when you have mental problems, as you described. The trick is to convince the subconscious that it can't have its own way and why.

When that is accomplished and you have the subconscious mind cooperating and working with the conscious mind, then you can accomplish and success follows.
Well not to sound kooky, but several psychics and healers who didn't know each other, have said that they saw external souls or entities inhabiting me before. One of them was even a taxi driver in Taiwan. He only said that about me though, not about anyone else with me. So who knows.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

Winston wrote:
Halwick wrote:Winston, Do you also have "Monsters from the ID" lurking in your mind too? LOL.

Well not to sound kooky, but several psychics and healers who didn't know each other, have said that they saw external souls or entities inhabiting me before. One of them was even a taxi driver in Taiwan. He only said that about me though, not about anyone else with me. So who knows.
External souls or entities inhabiting you, eh? Wouldn't it be great if you could find a way to channel and utilize their talents and expertise to help you in your endeavors?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

momopi wrote:Flip a coin.
You and your ethnic slurs!