Is the Self-Improvement Industry a Fraud?

Discuss personal development, self-improvement and motivational psychology.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Re: Is the Self-Help/Self-Improvement Industry a Fraud?

Post by starchild5 »

Traveler wrote:Trump's pastor while growing up was a famous self help author.

" 'I go to church, and I love God, and I love my church,' Trump told the Family Leadership Summit in Iowa last year. 'Norman Vincent Peale, the great Norman Vincent Peale, was my pastor. ... He was so great. And what he would do is, he'd bring real-life situations, modern-day situations, into the sermon. And you could listen to him all day long.' "

Peale's book, The Power of Positive Thinking, was the first book I encountered in the self-help genre. I remember reading it made me feel very good at the time. It felt great to believe that I could have all I want in life just by thinking positive thoughts. I can imagine that listening to his sermons in person filled people with hope and motivation.
Norment Vincent Peeple was a 33rd degree freemason. This power of positive thinking has destroyed humanity. Its satanic thinking along with creating your own reality.

Self help industry is based on Satanism. They only give you info enough to be possessed by demonic energy.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Is the Self-Improvement Industry a Fraud?

Post by Winston »

The great Zen teacher and author Alan Watts explained in his talks why self-improvement is a myth and illusion. See below.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

I think any "self-help" that is not also "self-directed" is kind of pointless. You shouldn't use a book to guide you on these things, you should know yourself, know what your goals are, and learn exactly how to accomplish those goals.

And if you don't want to do it, then that just means its not important at the moment. Can't do everything at once.