When are you guys finally going overseas?

Discuss personal development, self-improvement and motivational psychology.
polya
Junior Poster

When are you guys finally going overseas?

Post by polya »

Quote from Outwest: "Mostly this site is stuck at that point and repeats it endlessly. For most men who would like to travel overseas and possibly remain there, how to make a living is fist on their mind, and most simply dismiss it as too difficult and resign themselves to their fate with a
200 lb cheese monster."

So guys, are you just going to wait until you're retired and too old to even travel, or will you take the risk and go now? Most guys here seem rude, clicky & "stuck in a rut" - why not put this energy into going on your trip and see what happens?
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

If you are unhappy where you are, going abroad will not make you happy. It will not change your mental and emotional state, only give you a self-image enhancement at best, which isn't happiness. You'll bring many of your old problems with you and inherit many new ones. If you were to change inwardly, all your outward desires would fall into your lap effortlessly.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

lavezzi wrote:If you are unhappy where you are, going abroad will not make you happy. It will not change your mental and emotional state, only give you a self-image enhancement at best, which isn't happiness. You'll bring many of your old problems with you and inherit many new ones. If you were to change inwardly, all your outward desires would fall into your lap effortlessly.
As a lifelong Buddhist I agree with this as a life philosophy; that is true happiness is internally driven. But let's not knock the externals completely. I spent a lot of years making next to nothing, then a bunch more years making a small amount more than nothing. Today I make a pretty darn good salary. Did the change make me fundamentally happy - nope. But to quote Arthur when asked how it felt to have millions, "It doesn't suck!"

When you're lying next to that foreign hottie who adores you and has just given you round 3 or 4 that day - yeah it may not make you fundamentally happy - but it doesn't suck!

Just because building your career, your bank account, or your girl account won't make you deliriously happy or eternally enlightened, doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. Challenge yourself to build those things and more and then decide how the results impacted your happiness quotient.

IOW, you'll never know whether more money will make you happier until you make more money and you'll never know whether girl(s) make you happier until you get girl(s).
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Re: When are you guys finally going overseas?

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

polya wrote:Quote from Outwest: "Mostly this site is stuck at that point and repeats it endlessly. For most men who would like to travel overseas and possibly remain there, how to make a living is fist on their mind, and most simply dismiss it as too difficult and resign themselves to their fate with a
200 lb cheese monster."

So guys, are you just going to wait until you're retired and too old to even travel, or will you take the risk and go now? Most guys here seem rude, clicky & "stuck in a rut" - why not put this energy into going on your trip and see what happens?
Lack of funds is my initial problem - or rather no source of steady income. I've got a decent amount saved up from selling all of my old crap, but I have no job, Unemployment Insurance is chump change, and no company wants to hire a gifted designer anymore. If I had money, I could travel without the fear of possible homelessness (among other things). I actually made a really thorough thread about "escaping" to a foreign country, and maybe it's about time that I revive that thread with adequate updates..

Furthermore, I haven't even decided on which ONE country I want to travel to, and this is also linked to my funds (i.e. spending my entire life savings on ONE destination, with no solid assurance of ever having that much money again).
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

I have been working on my online business for about a month and a half. i am happy that it has been moving. but my online business moves at a slow pace. Just not enough to get out of america on my own.

so i have decided to work on getting a large business loan. so far the process is working and i should be recieving ALOT of money. this will help my online biz move faster.

man oh man, what can i say. It has been two years since i have been on this forum. and i am happy my goals or being met. my dreams are slowly becoming true. soon i will be wealthy and have as many women as i want. :D

so if you guys have been wondering why i am taking so long to get out. well...now you know.

i am shooting for january 2013 or earlier. i will definitely give a video report on my experience with america, califorina. as well as other countries i visit and stay at.

talk later dudes and ghouls. 8)
designer
Freshman Poster

Post by designer »

All_That_Is_Man wrote:
polya wrote:Quote from Outwest: "Mostly this site is stuck at that point and repeats it endlessly. For most men who would like to travel overseas and possibly remain there, how to make a living is fist on their mind, and most simply dismiss it as too difficult and resign themselves to their fate with a
200 lb cheese monster."

Lack of funds is my initial problem - or rather no source of steady income. I've got a decent amount saved up from selling all of my old crap, but I have no job, Unemployment Insurance is chump change, and no company wants to hire a gifted designer anymore. If I had money, I could travel without the fear of possible homelessness (among other things). I actually made a really thorough thread about "escaping" to a foreign country, and maybe it's about time that I revive that thread with adequate updates..

Furthermore, I haven't even decided on which ONE country I want to travel to, and this is also linked to my funds (i.e. spending my entire life savings on ONE destination, with no solid assurance of ever having that much money again).

Yes you are correct. No one wants to hire a designer, in fact the arts have pretty much been destroyed in the usa. There isa lot of bottom feeding going on with the just out of college kids. Layer on top of this people folks in Pakistan on elance who will design you a website or produce designs for you for $1 an hour. Sadly there is no way to compete with slave labour. I am in the same boat. I reside in a place where their is little to no industry. Hate is big here and various males of certain populations are excluded absolutely from opportunities. I am aiming to leave the usa for good as soon as I can. my desire to leave has to do with me wanting a better quality of life. I do not like the usa at all. Hate is a strong word but sometimes I have used that word to describe my experiences in the usa. There is no art in the usa and no respect is given to design professionals. Cronyism is big in the arts and more opportunities in the arts are reserved for women. There is no diversity in the arts in this land, only exclusion. I am looking for anyhting to give me the money I need but the situation seems pretty hopeless right now. I have no future here and will not survive in this society for much longer living the way that I do. So for me leaving the usa is a life or death situation.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

designer wrote:
All_That_Is_Man wrote:
200 lb cheese monster."

Yes you are correct. No one wants to hire a designer, in fact the arts have pretty much been destroyed in the usa. There isa lot of bottom feeding going on with the just out of college kids. Layer on top of this people folks in Pakistan on elance who will design you a website or produce designs for you for $1 an hour. Sadly there is no way to compete with slave labour. I am in the same boat. I reside in a place where their is little to no industry. Hate is big here and various males of certain populations are excluded absolutely from opportunities. I am aiming to leave the usa for good as soon as I can. my desire to leave has to do with me wanting a better quality of life. I do not like the usa at all. Hate is a strong word but sometimes I have used that word to describe my experiences in the usa. There is no art in the usa and no respect is given to design professionals. Cronyism is big in the arts and more opportunities in the arts are reserved for women. There is no diversity in the arts in this land, only exclusion. I am looking for anyhting to give me the money I need but the situation seems pretty hopeless right now. I have no future here and will not survive in this society for much longer living the way that I do. So for me leaving the usa is a life or death situation.
Oh yes, art is a thing of the past in the U.S. - Chicago is revered as one of the country's largest "art districts" but I don't see a lot of diversity here, and I could care less. My art ranges everywhere in several different fields - so much so that I am often bored with how easy it is to effortlessly create professional level concept drafts. I'm at the point now, however, where I have to use any skill that I have in order to land a decent job (or contract work) so I can build up a nest and leave America ASAP. And yes, there is a TON of misandry in the arts and design field, but that's just Amerikkka catering to its own "PC" agenda.
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
designer
Freshman Poster

Post by designer »

When a society spirals Art and Music are the first things to go. Budgets get cut and funds dry up except for the "approved" artists, ie anyone who is not female, white/east asian or a select few white males (elite) gets the job. Chicago is a shithole. I had the choice to be at that Chicago school but I passed and ended up in the other metropolis type shithole on the eastcoast. LA is another joke of a city that claims to have an 'arts scene'. Just more of the same. Man could I tell you stories about that place. Anyhow, the arts have been corporatized big time. In the 80's nobody wanted to 'sell out', now if you haven't 'sold out' no one wants to believe in you. Your art is only valid so long as the corporations endorse you. Gotta be a Brand. Its all bullshit. i guess the men here on HA need to know that Artist women are some of the most deranged, pro feminist, emotionally ill females you can ever meet. Talk about sick with a capital 'S'. I hear you, guess you gotta just raise the funds man. It's not easy. no one wants to hire a black male artist and the few who do would like you to work for very little money or for free. Getting professional respect is hard too at times. It just depends. Personally I would never move to Chicago. Its so segregated and full of hate and black on black hate. Much like Boston and places like that. Pretty sick. Gotta get out of this land soon though. Hope you can raise funds soon. I am right there with you working hard t oraise something. I do not needa lot but even a small amount is next to impossible these days.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I'm planning to go to China real soon! I've got my house rental till 1 Dec, after that I'm free to go.

Actually, I wanted to go to a Chinese University and study something, but I just found out it's easier to start a semester, and that isn't until Feb 2013.

In the meantime I like the idea of getting an English language teaching qualification. That will cost around $1600 USD in Thailand or China (either TEFL or CELTA).

I also need to schedule in a vacation after working near continuously since '05.

And making money is very, very difficult. My god I've had some setbacks lately, but having a steady stream of ideas that can be monetised is very useful. Ideas, and hard work. That's what you need.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Last edited by momopi on August 6th, 2012, 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

xiongmao wrote:I'm planning to go to China real soon! I've got my house rental till 1 Dec, after that I'm free to go.

Actually, I wanted to go to a Chinese University and study something, but I just found out it's easier to start a semester, and that isn't until Feb 2013.

In the meantime I like the idea of getting an English language teaching qualification. That will cost around $1600 USD in Thailand or China (either TEFL or CELTA).

I also need to schedule in a vacation after working near continuously since '05.

And making money is very, very difficult. My god I've had some setbacks lately, but having a steady stream of ideas that can be monetised is very useful. Ideas, and hard work. That's what you need.
Have you thought about Singapore mate? The range of job opportunities there are virtually the same as a UK citizen, the salaries are just a tod lower than in London but against a much lower tax drain they will result in a higher net. Plus, Singapore makes a lovely hub for the rest of SEA. One hour and you're in Indonesia, or the Philippines, or Cambodia...or obviously China...
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Yeah, I thought about Singapore. A man with my C#/SQL Server skillz could do well out there. Trouble is I hate working for a boss, and an Asian boss would be the worst.

Like Winston though, I don't actually need a job. It's just that I'm so busy with little projects, I have no time to actually plan a relocation. I've not even got any time to chat to Chinese women.

Still, I'm vaguely on track to go somewhere at the end of the year.

OK... I'm surfing the web looking for ideas now. Hmm, did you guys know it's not hugely expensive to live in Japan for a while, if you rent a room in a shared house. I guess it's not too hard for a foreigner to find some sort of work there. So now I'm not sure whether I want to go to Japan or China. China has ladies. Japan also has ladies. Japan is fun. Maybe I'll go there for a while then post photos of cute cosplay girls here :D .
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.