Convict Conditioning

Discuss personal development, self-improvement and motivational psychology.
Empyrian
Freshman Poster

Convict Conditioning

Post by Empyrian »

Hey guys,

If anyone's interested in physical fitness/strength programs I wanted to share something I found that's helping me a lot.

It's a book called Convict Conditioning: How to Bust Free of All Weakness.

It focuses on all calisthenics, body weight exercises that are easy to do anywhere and require little equipment. It talks about what you'd have to do if you were in prison in order to survive in the
system. It lays down an easy-to-follow program and some cool ultimate goals.

I like it better than any other strength training I've done in the past and I feel better, stronger, and more confident as I'm progressing through the program.

If anyone wants, I can share/copy/paste some of the exercise instructions and routines to start with.
Abolish fear; abolish doubt; dismiss pride.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

Yes I heard about it. But I think I already do that as it´s the normal fitness without a gym. But maybe you can point out what is new about that concept in comparison to normal bodyweight training.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Convict Conditioning

Post by Jester »

Empyrian wrote:Hey guys,

If anyone wants, I can share/copy/paste some of the exercise instructions and routines to start with.
I would do a few dailies if some other guys would - and compare notes nightly - joint commitment. Only if others do it though, I do better with a team.
Empyrian
Freshman Poster

Post by Empyrian »

Sure, Jester. The book splits the body-weight exercises into six groups. Squats, pull-ups, push-ups, handstands, leg raises, and bridges.

Right now, I do work every other day.

Day 1: Push-ups/leg-raises

Day 3: Squats/pull-ups

Day 5: Handstands/bridges

I'm a small guy and I am relatively new to training so I haven't reached the full forms of these exercises yet. I do half push-ups and pull-ups using tables to lean on, etc. It describes them well in the book.

Most exercises work you up to 3 sets of 30, 40, or 50 before you move on to the new exercise. Each group has 10 exercises of inreasing difficulty.

I'm combining it with this cardiovascular program:

Abolish fear; abolish doubt; dismiss pride.