Good girls do exist...and get killed!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Good girls do exist...and get killed!

Post by publicduende »

Guys,

I just randomly came across this item of news that literally shook me to the bones. Text below.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/te ... e-10516468

Just a couple of observations:

1. Of course I don't know the girl and can't judge her but, from what her parents and friends state, she was absolutely angelic and well-behaved. Judging from the pics she looks beautiful and, to be admitted to a major law school, she must have also been quite smart. Too bad she wasn't "street smart" enough to tell a genuinely good guy from the average self-reassured violent douche who became her boyfriend.

2. Another shiny example of the "good looks" fallacy. How many girls are simply attracted by looks and personality and make impulsive choices of bonding with a man who just looks or behaves "alpha", even if they have to pay the ultimate price? I am pretty sure Emily's university was packed with mediocre looking, perhaps more socially inept but kinder young men who would have made far better bf material.

Truly sad state of affairs.