Y'all are right about British people

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

Y'all are right about British people

Post by Mr.Darcy »

Ive been staying in a hostel in miami, and every culture is chill and approachable except for the brits. Their women are just like american women, but uglier and with an accent. Some of the guys are cool, but most of them are just stuck snobs. Our roommates are british and they are really unfriendly and keep to their clique.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Yall are right about British people

Post by Moretorque »

Mr.Darcy wrote:Ive been staying in a hostel in miami, and every culture is chill and approachable except for the brits. Their women are just like american women, but uglier and with an accent. Some of the guys are cool, but most of them are just stuck snobs. Our roommates are british and they are really unfriendly and keep to their clique.

Do what the blackman does best and KIll'em. :D when the British empire goes down that will be a glorious day!
Time to Hide!
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Re: Yall are right about British people

Post by Repatriate »

Mr.Darcy wrote:Ive been staying in a hostel in miami, and every culture is chill and approachable except for the brits. Their women are just like american women, but uglier and with an accent. Some of the guys are cool, but most of them are just stuck snobs. Our roommates are british and they are really unfriendly and keep to their clique.
I found some friendly ones in Thailand but most Brits have a stick up their ass and like you said the women are mostly ugly with bad attitudes. Anglo coldness is a pretty reknown thing though. Most mainland Europeans have mentioned it at one point or another.

The Brit world view is probably even more cynical than your average Americans. Which means you combine all the negative facets of anglo culture with a sarcastic cold veneer too.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

I've been saying it for ages. It's not just the US. The US isn't the only western country.
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Post by aozora13 »

Darcy,

I know what you mean about British women. I have met some while in mainland Europe (Austria). This woman was working at the UN in the location and was basically stuck up but tried to show that she was open minded and kind to me and others who were in a German language course. I was thinking why is she here? It reminded me too of this Spanish (Castillian) woman who lived in the US and was in Austria for a internship but she was basically American with a Spanish (EU) passport.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I disagree. Most British people I've met, even in hostels, are friendlier, more real, more modest and more down-to-earth than Americans. They aren't as fake or arrogant as Americans for sure.

Watch some BBC movies and you will see that the actors tend to be much more modest, down-to-earth and natural. Not fake and arrogant like Americans.

Here's an example of what I mean. See this BBC film below about Queen Elizabeth I. Notice how the British actors in them act very natural, authentic and down-to-earth. They don't act fake, arrogant or egotistical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anHw3-xZ2K4

Here's another one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yotFhvhM0nA
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Winston, you mustn't have had had many bad experiences with some of the more 'degenerate' or 'snobby' Brits, most people have experienced abroad. Although, I've met some really friendly Brits, too. But, compared to their other European counterparts (excluding Italians, Spanish and Greeks, who can be just as cold), they can really be hit or miss, in terms of friendliness.

The nice ones are cool though. My roommate in China was one of them. He was an old guy though. It was fun listening to his stories of Britain during the 60s to the 90s, which I could understand a bit, since I lived in the U.K. for several years. Seems like the U.K. has changed for the worse though, since the past few decades...
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 24th, 2020, 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster

Post by Paloaltoguy »

Winston wrote:I disagree. Most British people I've met, even in hostels, are friendlier, more real, more modest and more down-to-earth than Americans. They aren't as fake or arrogant as Americans for sure.

Watch some BBC movies and you will see that the actors tend to be much more modest, down-to-earth and natural. Not fake and arrogant like Americans.

Here's an example of what I mean. See this BBC film below about Queen Elizabeth I. Notice how the British actors in them act very natural, authentic and down-to-earth. They don't act fake, arrogant or egotistical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anHw3-xZ2K4

Here's another one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yotFhvhM0nA
This is true. Just look at me, I'm British.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Paloaltoguy wrote:This is true. Just look at me, I'm British.
No, you're Brutish.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

zboy1 wrote:Winston, you mustn't have had had many bad experiences with some of the more 'degenerate' or 'snobby' Brits, most people have experienced abroad. Although, I've met some really friendly Brits, too. But, compared to their other European counterparts (excluding Italians, Spanish and Greeks, who can be just as cold), they can really be hit or miss, in terms of friendliness.

The nice ones are cool though. My roommate in China was one of them. He was an old guy though. It was fun listening to his stories of Britain during the 60s to the 90s, which I could understand a bit, since I lived in the U.K. for several years. Seems like the U.K. has changed for the worse though, since the past few decades...
I've seen degenerate Brits like drunk guys in Asia, yeah. But most Brits I've met are a lot more DOWN-TO-EARTH than Americans. They are NOT the same. I don't see why you people keep thinking they are. Strange.

You miss my point. It's not about friendliness. I'm just saying they are more down-to-earth, modest and authentic than Americans are. And not as fake either. This should be obvious. You don't see it?

Just watch the BBC documentaries and movies and you will see what I mean. The people on the BBC don't act fake, toxic and arrogant like Americans.

Brits don't make me feel insecure and invalidated like Americans do at least.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

publicduende wrote:
Paloaltoguy wrote:This is true. Just look at me, I'm British.
No, you're Brutish.
+1

Spot on. Yeah Paloalto guy is the FURTHEST thing from being down-to-earth. That's for sure. Nothing in his posts is down-to-earth. He is probably the most UNdown-to-earth guy here in the forum. lol

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
I've seen degenerate Brits like drunk guys in Asia, yeah. But most Brits I've met are a lot more DOWN-TO-EARTH than Americans. They are NOT the same. I don't see why you people keep thinking they are. Strange.

You miss my point. It's not about friendliness. I'm just saying they are more down-to-earth, modest and authentic than Americans are. And not as fake either. This should be obvious. You don't see it?
Sorry, Winston, but I do not agree with you. I really prefer US-citizens to British citizens any time, everywhere, and I am originally from Central Europe.

British people, not only the women, but the men too, are terrible, especially when overseas in a group. British tourists are often not welcome, but I cannot say the same about people from USA.

I was using a forum as you know, Orientexpat over many years, you know the admin Patrick Shaw (codename Jonathan, Mandrunk, Mandrake...), who is British, right? I got countless insults from British forum members and never, not even in a single case, the admin was respecting his own forum rules. There were basically 2 forum rules, one for the British and all females - and one for the others, non-British, so-called 2nd class people, who are not native English speakers.

Your forum, HappierAbroad, is US-based, and the majority of the members, including owner/moderators, are US-related.

I do not agree with all comments in your forum, but even if I disagree with HA, nobody is creating a thread to discuss how to beat me up in front of my house in Tokyo. Nobody is showing up with untrue stories about me, claiming bizarre things what I never said. Nobody is taking my pictures and is doing some photoshop activity with them, defacing them, nobody was claiming here with HA, that my English is not enough, correcting every simple typing mistake when using American English and not British English with a scornful remark etc...

For sure, all what I have seen so far, USA has its problems, like this regrettable never-ending racist BS-talks etc. but by far US-people are much more respectful to others than British people. Often British people living in Thailand etc. are nothing but losers, totally out of money and full with alcohol and drugs.
loveblondes
Freshman Poster

Post by loveblondes »

Johnny1975 wrote:I've been saying it for ages. It's not just the US. The US isn't the only western country.
[img]

Its the Anglosphere, the US, Canada, Australia, NZ, UK and Ireland.

Guys from those countries should stop ruinning all the non.anglo countries, you guys are doing nothing but stealing women and exporting your beta attitudes to other countries, you are doing the same that arabs and africans do economically wise, but with the women, you escape your disgrace by ruinning other, but you dont fix your own countries...[/img]
"you lose money chasing women but you never lose women chasing money"
KokujinKrusader
Freshman Poster

Post by KokujinKrusader »

The British people that I met in China were rather nice, and at least to my face, the majority of the White expats that I encountered were much nicer than I expected based on what I have encountered online. The biggest assholes towards me were the Muslims, Indians, and some of the Russian dudes that dance at clubs in Xi'an. Didn't have a problem with the British; they seemed really supportive and helpful.
Grand Admiral Game taught me how to improve my mindset in order to achieve the success that I wanted in life!