What are German/Swiss women like?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

OzGuy wrote:
Exactly, even more so if you are with other females as they think you must be alright if other females want to talk to you.

You know what the funny thing is here? When i'm in a relationship I actually have more women interested in me than when i'm single! When women see me with another woman, many of them are suddenly more interested.....
More evidence that polygamy is God's plan. :wink:
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

jamesbond wrote:
OzGuy wrote:In Australia if you are seen eating alone it is actually the opposite. Women assume you must be a loser/loner and aren't the slightest bit interested in you. It is very refreshing to hear that they actually MORE like to approach you if you're alone!
It's the same here in the US. If a woman see's a guy eating alone, she automatically assumes he is loser. In America, women need to see you with your friends in order for her to think you are dating material.

Guys who eat alone in America are considered pathetic losers in the eyes of women, not so in Germany. The women in Germany may even approach a guy if he is eating alone! That would never happen in the US in a million years. :shock:
Correct. Because of my job I have eaten alone in restaurants for 25 years now all over the world.

In english speaking countries you are assumed to be a "loser" if you are eating alone. It is really quite astonishing when you first see it. I am often given the worst table in the restaurant even if I have never been there before. I am talked down to and frowned upon. I am given terrible service and worse food. This has happened all over the english speaking world. When in English speaking lands I do not eat in restaurants alone run by local people. I always eat in places with "foreign" food. Indian, Turkish , Italian etc. I am treated well in these places.

In Asia, France, Russia, Eastern Europe, Germany you are assumed to be a foreigner and might be interesting to talk to. You are also assumed to have some money and a decent job...otherwise what the hell are you doing here eating alone? That you are not eating with friends marks you as "not from around here" and almost certainly a travelling business man. This is why it is quite normal for women, and even men, to approach you and ask you where you are from and want to talk to you.

I was really bowled over by how well I am treated in France once they know I am Australian and not american or English.

And yes. Australian PR has been pretty good and lots of people want to talk about Australia in Europe.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

PeterAndrewNolan wrote:...When in English speaking lands I do not eat in restaurants alone run by local people. I always eat in places with "foreign" food. Indian, Turkish , Italian etc. I am treated well in these places....
Great point. Thanks for stating it clearly. This has been my experience here in Southern California.
OzGuy
Freshman Poster

Post by OzGuy »

One thing I have noticed with German women is they don't say crap like "I am a 24 year old female looking for FEMALE FRIENDS ONLY, DO NOT CONTACT ME IF YOU'RE MALE"

So often I see Australian women ONLY interested in making female friends. What is with that? Do they really hate men that much, that they don't even want to be friends with them?

German women don't seem to care if you're male or female, a friend is a friend. They don't have the male hating attitudes that women here seem to have.
OzGuy
Freshman Poster

Post by OzGuy »

Wow, some german women can really flirt! I started talking to this German woman in her early 30's I met online and after a while SHE started flirting with me a bit. I flirted back and she loved it! It was so easy talking to her, we were just saying whatever we wanted and flirting during the conversation. It felt so natural. Most Anglo women are actually OFFENDED if you try and flirt with them! They think you are a "creep" for doing something that comes naturally.

She would also initiate conversations too, and even suggested that we talk via webcam on skype next time! wow!
OzGuy
Freshman Poster

Post by OzGuy »

Just wanted to let you guys know that i've met yet another German woman! Today we spoke non-stop for 12 hours, I kid you not! I didn't even know the time until I looked out the window and realised the entire day had passed! I swear it only seemed like a few hours!

Anyway, this German woman was flirting her ass off like there was no tomorrow! She said she's gone off German men due to bad experiences and only dates men from foreign countries now lol. As soon as I told her i'm Australian she couldn't get enough of me... she said she loves Australian guys and their accent! Now she wants to meet me when I go over there in a few months!

German women are incredible, I'm not even going to be able to keep up at this rate! I'm going to have to schedule in a different woman to meet each day i'm there lol. Now I know what it feels like to be an Anglo woman!

Oh and she also reckons the most flirtatious women in Germany are from Bavaria and Eastern Germany. Apparently they will "eat me alive" once they find out i'm Australian!
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

wow, yes Australians are thought to be cool in germany. But hey why do you think that german women don´t like german men? Because they sucked their blood so nothing is left :). Same as in Russia. The men there are living deads sucked to death by their women. Ok, maybe I am wrong :). And yes talk is cheap :)
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 28th, 2013, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

eurobrat wrote:German women are not all that great. Eastern European women are the way to go if you like flirty, open, feminine, skinny, better looking women.

Germany's like the closest thing to the USA, Canada, Australian in western europe. Thats why the quality of living is so high there.
I agree with you, the women in eastern Europe (like Ukraine, Poland and Russia) are better looking than German woman. However, you really don't want to live in one of those countries due to the poor economy in those areas.

Your much better off living in Germany with it's low unemployment rate (currently 6%) better public transportation, very good economy and very low crime rate. Also, if you live in Germany, you are very close to Poland, Ukraine and Russia, so you can visit these countries easily.

The women in Germany aren't that great looking but at least there is not a lot of fatties there like there is in the US. Currently, 50% of women in the US are overweight! :shock:

Another nice thing about Germany is prostitution is legal there and a lot of them only charge 50 euros! Compare this to the US, where prostitution is illegal and even if you do find one, she will charge you an arm and a leg and will probably be some ugly broad trying to make a little cash on the side. :shock:

I read an article last year that said in Germany, there are 350,000 women who are prostitutes and most of them are between 18 and 30 years old. :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

I've lived with a few german girls due to having to rent in the UK for 2 yrs; So expensive. I'm not sure if they treat men & women differently; but they were quite bossy & nagging with each other & a few times I got in the midst of it too & I felt like I was 3 lol ... when you live with others petty stuff', you really need to let it go.... they are very beautiful, intelligent & fun to go out with though .... but why do the German men stay away?

I've lived with Swedish, they love to party & drink alcohol but also very beautiful, intelligent & fun to go out with.
Polish quite reserved, friendly.
Indian women very nosy always spying on what you're doing lol, but quite generous & warm.
Turkish women very loud, outspoken, nervous, also very beautiful & intelligent; very good hosts when you go to their homes.
British generally keeps to themselves.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

From this article, regarding why German men don't flirt with women,

http://berlin.cafebabel.com/en/post/200 ... ht-flirten

Here is what one German woman said in the comment section of the article;

"With German Guys it's just like pulling teeth. Even if you know the guy likes you, he's still not going to make any moves. German men don't even know how to give a decent compliment to a woman and have no clue about the art of smooth talking. I think it's a lost cause!"

Listen to what this Swiss guy had to say;

"The "guy approches girl" is only an american and british norm. I am a swedish guy and I dont approch girls very often. My two lasts girlsfriends approched me. Its same for most/all swedish guys, and many other places in europe."

Listen to what this German woman says about German men,

"Its true, most German men really are cowards concerning dating. I am a native German and only had one German boyfriend so far. I knew him through my job."

Get a load of what this American woman says about German men (she lives in Germany now).

"This article couldn't be more true, I've been in Germany (Bavaria) for 5 months now and have had a few experiences with German men that validify everything you said. First, I have a good German friend who I could tell was into me but wouldn't for the life of me make any moves. I was into him for a while until I got sick of waiting! Sorry, but I guess I'm too American and prefer when a guy makes the first move."

Listen to what this woman has to say after living in Germany for 3 years.

"This article speaks the truth. Living in germany for nearly 3 years now and have not once been chatted up by a German guy. I don't know how people, date, marry, have relationships here. I love living here, but after 3 years of being basically ignored I'm thinking of leaving purely due to the fact that I'm sick of being single and German guys show absolutely no interest. I'm giving up on them and will concentrate on going to places where non-Germans hang out. Would be nice to be flirted with, to be talked to and not ignored for once."
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 28th, 2013, 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sandokan
Freshman Poster

Post by Sandokan »

I´m living here in Germany and had several relationships ,a marriage from which I have been divorced since Jan last year too.

It´s really amusing to read what some of you guys think about german women. If you ask an eskimo if he owns a fridge he will say no. From this answer you then conclude making a great deal in going over there selling fridges.

Wufan has pointed it out clearly.

If you ask a german girl if she ´s asked out for a date or being approached she will surely say "no". If you ask her how many options she´s got from men she knows from her work, friends of friends, or where she´s doing sport etc, you will get a remarkable different answer.
She´ll say she has tons of options. Attractive women in germany being single are single by choice. They haven´t found a guy being able to meet their standards.

The reason german men don´t approach women is them knowing that they will get rejected because of her having plenty of other options.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 28th, 2013, 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

eurobrat wrote:Most German girls in my opinion are very cold, a lot of the guys on this forum most likely wouldn't like a relationship with German Women.
They can't be any worse than american women. I'll take a german woman over an american women any day! 8)