Hourglass figure? Women are more likely to be a rectangle

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Hourglass figure? Women are more likely to be a rectangle

Post by Mr S »

I personally prefer woman who look have the hour glass figure, inverted triangle second. The other ones only for pump and dump, no long term attraction.

Marilyn Monroe hourglass figure? British women are more likely to be a rectangle

By SEAN POULTER

Forget the hourglass – British women are more likely to be a ‘rectangle’, it seems.
There are now five times as many rectangular-shaped women as those with the classic Marilyn Monroe hourglass, research suggests.
Despite this, many of the fashions sold on the high street still apply this outdated silhouette.

Perfect proportions: Christina Hendricks, left, and Marilyn Monroe, right, both have the iconic hourglass shape

As a result, nearly 60 per cent of women complain that they are unhappy with the fit of clothes labelled as being their size.
Almost one in two British women fall into the rectangle category, where there is little difference between the bust, waist and hip measurements. Examples include actresses Keira Knightley, Cameron Diaz and Nicole Kidman.
The figures have been collated by clothing fit analysts at Alvanon, which develops size models used by designers and retailers.
Using 3D imaging technology to measure 50,000 women in the UK and Europe, it has produced ‘more accurate’ templates.

Right angle: One in two British women have rectangle body shapes just like Keira Knightley, left, and Cameron Diaz, right

Its ‘size 12’, for example, measures 35.4in on the bust, 28.3in on the waist, 35.4in around the high hip and 38.6in on the low hip.
Once applied in the high street, the proportion of women who find an excellent or adequate fit rises from 40 per cent to 63 per cent, Alvanon insists.
There are three other mainstream body types in the UK, a spokesman added.

More...
History in a bra cup: How the booms and busts of bra sizes reflect the UK economy
Christina Hendricks causes a Lake Como-tion in black swimsuit as she enjoys dip in the pool
One in three women is a ‘spoon’, where the hips are at least four inches wider than the bust. And slightly more than one in ten are ‘inverted triangles’, where the bust is at least four inches greater than the hips.
Nearly one in ten falls into the hourglass category, where the bust is at least 7in bigger than the waist while the hips are within 4in of the bust.
Christina Hendricks, who starred in hit U.S. TV series Mad Men, fits this shape. It is still seen as the ‘ideal’ form, and shops report strong sales of corsetry designed to achieve this.

Alvanon chief executive Janice Wang said: ‘People are frustrated and confused by the different sizes and fits they find on the high street.
‘The industry uses an hourglass figure, which has not changed for many years.
‘However, the reality is that the most prevalent shapes are the rectangle, which is not as curvy, the spoon and the inverted triangle. Brands need to adapt to reflect this reality.’
The research suggests there are some significant differences between British women and those on the continent.
Here, the average bust size is biggest - at 37.5in.
Dutch women, who are the tallest in Europe, have the thickest waists at an average of 32in. Britons rank second at 31.6in.
In terms of hips, the Germans and Dutch are most bottom heavy at 39.6in.
The British are at 38.8in, slightly above the Italians - who are smallest in every category - at 38.4in.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... z1NvxPoJdK
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Rectangle, spoon, blimp, those women will get a BF slobbering all over them irregardless. Why even worry?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Spoon is by far the sexiest body type IMO. Some are show stoppers. Hourglass can be great as well. Inverted triangle is worst, very ladyboy like bodywise.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Spoon and hourglass or a hawt mixture of the two would be very sufficient for me.

Looks like I might have to hit up the Netherlands. They are the tallest and the curviest in the EU thus far.

But when i get a fattie chubby craving, I will have to go to "Deutschland". lmao!!
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!