Filipinas who LIE frivolously without conscience!

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Re: Filipinas who LIE frivolously without conscience!

Post by mentor »

davewe wrote: At the same time lying is cultural. What we lie about and the way we lie does depend on our culture. This is why it's easier to recognize lying in other cultures, believing that the lies we tell in our culture are just the standard ways that people conduct themselves.
It is being told that understanding when a filipina lies is even more obvious, as their way is rather primitive.
Is this right in most circumstances?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 8th, 2020, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

Ghost wrote:Filipinas can't lie. They have no ability to lie well. And that Catholic guilt means even if they lie at first they will at least have a conscience about it a lot of times and admit it to you. I'm not saying there aren't psychopathic ones that can lie without conscience, but for "normal" ones this isn't the case.
Thanks for the clarification!
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

Being Chinese, I shamefully admit that even I am not completely innocent when it comes to telling little lies if the truth is going to result in hurt feelings. I think a large part of it may be related to what I've had to go through while growing up, lying to save my ass from the abuse feminist women in my so-called family. It became such a habit that lying turned into my very first instinct when talking to them, or rather, when forced to deal with them. Unfortunately it has spilled outside of this 'survival mode', and it's really painful.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

Bao3niang wrote:Being Chinese, I shamefully admit that even I am not completely innocent when it comes to telling little lies if the truth is going to result in hurt feelings. I think a large part of it may be related to what I've had to go through while growing up, lying to save my ass from the abuse feminist women in my so-called family. It became such a habit that lying turned into my very first instinct when talking to them, or rather, when forced to deal with them. Unfortunately it has spilled outside of this 'survival mode', and it's really painful.
Feminism in China?
I hope this is true only for the big cities, and only a few ones.
Otherwise, in a few years we should look for traditional girls, in countries like...Mongolia!