Russian woman vents to me about America. Wow so true!

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Linc4Love wrote:http://www.infoukes.com/faq/the_ukraine/

Good thing I read that, since use of the article presumes Ukraine is a region rather than an independent country. I can see how this might offend Ukrainians because you're basically saying their homeland never became a nation. I'll just file this away in my head for future reference when it comes time to impress a Ukrainian hottie. :D
Interesting, but as the article points out, Ukrainian and many (all?) Slavic languages don't have articles, so Ukrainians who don't speak good English ("I take bus home") might not find this so important, but that's great that you care enough to read about this stuff.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jackal
Experienced Poster

Re: Russian woman vents to me about America. Wow so true!

Post by Jackal »

Winston wrote:Check out this letter I got from a Russian woman in America, who came cause of marriage. She wrote me after seeing my foreigner/immigrant opinions page (http://www.happierabroad.com/ebook/Page32.htm) and wanted me to add it.
She sounds like quite a sweet, thoughtful woman. It's nice to find other people who see things the same way we do. Is she still married? Does she plan to leave the US?
Linc4Love
Freshman Poster

Post by Linc4Love »

I am going thru a divorce now, and my soon to be ex-husband is a cult member also (Christian, conservative), and I suffered unimaginable shallow mindedness, control, imbecility, and total, killing lack of spirit. The more religious a person is, the less spiritual he is, that is it.
I consider myself a conservative Christian who is at odds with probably 90 percent of American Christianity. Reading this though was still disheartening because I do want to find someone I can share my Christian beliefs with. Great, I can't find Christians here and I can't find them abroad. I'm f***ed.

Ah well, anyone know where I can get myself legally castrated? :D
Linc4Love
Freshman Poster

Post by Linc4Love »

Winston wrote:RedDog, Linc,

Are you Italian women pretty approachable? Can you meet them easily in public places? What's your take on that? Any of you ever try doing that?
Oddly enough I haven't run into many Italian women. We have little Italy here but it's barely a block or so, and I don't find the women I encounter here very friendly, if at all. They seem to have these sour look on their faces and I'm not sure why.

The only option I can think of to befriend more Italians is to join groups I might find on Meetup.com, but meh. I'm feeling pretty misanthropist these days.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Linc4Love wrote: I consider myself a conservative Christian who is at odds with probably 90 percent of American Christianity.
Yeah, Jesus wouldn't support warfare, greed, and pollution. In America, business, politics, and the military have fused with Christianity in a very strange way.
Linc4Love wrote:Reading this though was still disheartening because I do want to find someone I can share my Christian beliefs with. Great, I can't find Christians here and I can't find them abroad. I'm f***ed.
I think Poland is supposed to be one of the most devoutly Christian countries in Europe. Poland is a Catholic country. Slovakia is also pretty religious (Catholic), but I don't think quite as much as Poland is.

Have you tried joining a Russian Orthodox Church? That might get you meeting some different people, although they might not speak English. Greek Orthodox would be different, too.

The Coptic Christians in Egypt are probably quite different than your standard American Christians as well. Hehe you could find yourself a Christian wife who looks like Cleopatra. Since I'm Buddhist, I tend to like the eastern sects of Christianity more.
Linc4Love
Freshman Poster

Post by Linc4Love »

I'm Protestant (specifically come from a Pentecostal background) so I won't relate well to Catholics. Christian missions might be a possibility, and from what I was told, it is Ukraine that has the largest demographic of Pentecostals due to their heavy missions presence there. I have no idea why though.

I could go to China but then I'll probably end up running for my life alongside the Falun Gong. LOL
Enishi
Freshman Poster

Post by Enishi »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protestantism_by_country

There seems to be a fair percentage of protestants in some South American countries. Still less than the Catholics, but in a country with millions of people, even a 15% rate for Protestants would equal lots of potentially suitable women who share similar beliefs. :)
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

Jackal wrote:
Linc4Love wrote: I consider myself a conservative Christian who is at odds with probably 90 percent of American Christianity.
Yeah, Jesus wouldn't support warfare, greed, and pollution. In America, business, politics, and the military have fused with Christianity in a very strange way.
Linc4Love wrote:Reading this though was still disheartening because I do want to find someone I can share my Christian beliefs with. Great, I can't find Christians here and I can't find them abroad. I'm f***ed.
I think Poland is supposed to be one of the most devoutly Christian countries in Europe. Poland is a Catholic country. Slovakia is also pretty religious (Catholic), but I don't think quite as much as Poland is.

Have you tried joining a Russian Orthodox Church? That might get you meeting some different people, although they might not speak English. Greek Orthodox would be different, too.

The Coptic Christians in Egypt are probably quite different than your standard American Christians as well. Hehe you could find yourself a Christian wife who looks like Cleopatra. Since I'm Buddhist, I tend to like the eastern sects of Christianity more.
I'll tip my hand here, and share that I was raised conservative Lutheran, but after 20 years of "exploring", I have converted to Orthodox Christianity. How can I say this nicely...it is MILES APART from Christianity in the US. I think I've mentioned this before, but the so-called Christian right movement in the US DOES NOT define Christianity. It is a political movement that uses it's fundamentalism as a weapon to beat people over the head. I struggled for many years to understand why some of the nicest, most giving people I ever met are either not Christian, or no American. I thought the problem was Christianity, but I have discovered that it is the AMERICAN EXPRESSION of Christianity that is the problem, and American arrogance that imbues it.

For those of you that think all Christian expressions are the same, please check out this book:

Here's another good one:

I'm sure those of you coming from traditional Orthodox countries, such as Russia/Ukraine may have a bad taste in your mouth from Orthodoxy, but it was a Church under massive persecution for 75 years, wherein millions of Christians were killed or sent to gulags. We have no possible concept in the US how that must feel, so Americans tend to be "in-your-face" and overbearing about their beliefs. An attitude I personally find offensive and insensitive. Orthodoxy has taught me to be non-judgmental and to respect people for who they are and meet them spiritually, where they are at that moment.

Jackal is right, Protestantism and Catholicism are two sides of the same coin; Orthodoxy is a different coin.

http://www.orthodoxinfo.com/general/
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

While I agree with some of what she complains about, she is not equipped to engage in the wholesale derision of the USA. So she lived in Texas and Arizona? Those are not exactly bastions of intellectuals. She probably married a redneck and lived among rednecks and thinks she knows America.

Russia is not known for people with compassion either. Roving bands of thugs attack foreigners in broad daylight. The military rolls into the sovereign nation of Georgia, and annexes two portions of it to Russia. The line between prostitution and dating is so thin that only a girl devoid of soul and spirit could cross back and forth.

Russian women in the west are freed from the bondage of their culture. So when they get here, they become demanding, bossy, manipulative, accusatory, etc. I have seen it before and I perceive it in this girl's tone.

I also don't like her blaming her misery on "the man that would not leave her alone so she married him." She did not HAVE to come to the USA. And why did she agree to come? She came to live the life of bargains and sales that she decries.

I love Eastern European women, but not Russian women. If any of these Russian banshees turns in their US Passport and renounces US citizenship, I would be surprised. Why, because that's what they want to keep.
Enishi
Freshman Poster

Post by Enishi »

I loved the eastern orthodox churches I visited while in Russia. They were GORGEOUS inside, and had a much stronger and more serene vibe about them than most of religious buildings I've been in back home. Particularily the Jehovahs Witnesses congregations I had to put up with while growing up. OMIGOD those were the worst, lol.
Linc4Love
Freshman Poster

Post by Linc4Love »

Enishi wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protestantism_by_country

There seems to be a fair percentage of protestants in some South American countries. Still less than the Catholics, but in a country with millions of people, even a 15% rate for Protestants would equal lots of potentially suitable women who share similar beliefs. :)
I always did fantasize about meeting a Peruvian protestant who looked like Jessica Alba. :D

Regarding my own experiences, there's little similarity between Biblical Christianity and American Christianity (AC). AC has become repackaged into a business model rather than a way of life, and is now a marketing brand geared at convincing the masses that Christianity is all about funsies and good times. That's why we have churches being changed from a place of worship into a carnival center, complete with drama theatres, basketball courts and Starbucks cafes. If I ever saw the likes of Rick Warren and Joel Osteen I'd walk up to them and punch them right in the face for the damage they've done. I meet a typical Christian American woman and she'll have her nose deep in The Purpose Driven Life rather than the Bible. I can't relate to them at all. There is no spirituality to be found here, because rather than distinguish itself from the American culture of materialism and hedonism, these "Christian" communities chose to emulate it instead. They really are not Christians in the true sense of the word.

The girl who prescribed to my Christian beliefs would be a pariah in foreign countries, but if you're a pariah then it also means you take your beliefs a LOT more seriously. For Russian women, if they say they're Orthodox they probably don't take an iota of it seriously because that's the predominantly "acceptable" religion. In rural America, the same sort only profess to be Christian and attend church regularly so they fit in, not because they believe in any of it. That's why a girl who is willing to be a pariah and an outcast because of her deep convictions is someone I'd like to get to know.

Regarding this Russian woman, the guy who took her in was an idiot. Was he thinking he could pick up a Russian girl and easily convert her into Christianity so she'd morph into a perfect stepford Amish-type wife? Good grief.

It's patently unfair for me to demand that a Russian or any foreign woman I meet through an agency must conform to my particular belief system. Seriously? Who flips religions that easily, unless they never took it seriously to begin with? In fact I would respect a girl even more if she told me to shove it if I myself had made such a moronic request. Spiritual journeys like this could span an entire lifetime, and here you have people making this a prerequisite for marriage. LOL

That's why it would be far better if she and I were at least on the same religious path right from the start.

In a way I envy agnostics/atheists or folks whose beliefs are merely nominal at best. They have FAR more options than I do. :P
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Well you gotta admire this woman for being so perceptive and intellectual. Especially this part:

"I never write to a public space as am very private. But what got me in your site that it is very deep; it looks at a problem of insanity (again, stated by those who are from abroad, or Americans who tasted life/cultures abroad; Americans themselves are in a delirious oblivion about themselves and their "culture") of Americans, their life style and "culture" at every angle, in depth, diagnosing the insanity, looking at the possible causes of it, and offering suggestions to cure. It was by far the most comprehensive and cumulative work I've ever encountered on the subject. Big thanks to you for that, for devoting your life to this cancerous world's problem. At first I thought that emphasis on dating is a bit shallow and might repel some thinking, deep people, but the more I looked at it, I came to think that it might just do the opposite...tell the guy/person who is love/sex/normalcy starved in this country, dying inside and craving for life and love that he should go read some philosophy he'd send you on a familiar route...however, if the same love/sex/normalcy starved individual is told he should look at this site to find love, he'd go, but later, he'll maybe look at philosophical, spiritual pages, and, hopefully, will be on the road to enlightenment. So, it might actually work to attract more readers who otherwise wouldn't bother to look. ) "

It takes an intellectual to recognize something intellectual :) As they say, it takes one to know one.

She made a rare observations above. This site is rare in that it contains deep intellectual philosophical truths and the issue of dating and meeting quality attractive women at the same time. Other sites don't do that. Dating sites are not usually philosophical/intellectual. And philosophical/intellectual sites do not usually place value on dating or beautiful women. So that makes us very unique.

That was a brilliant observation she made. Absolutely brilliant.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
have2fly
Junior Poster

She is right

Post by have2fly »

That Russian girl is totally right! I can say the same stuff about Midwest. Yes, Chicago is definitely better than everything else in the Midwest, but high developed status of Chicago totally gets ruined by constant run after money, expensive cars and fake boobs. People are as fake as they can get. Going to nightclubs is fun, but you never really hook up (like I did in Ukraine in during high school years). Chicks are extremely stuck up. If chicks go for white trash in Wisconsin, chicks in Chicago go for a bouncer of the club or some wanna-be.

Winston, does she have a Russian facebook vkontakte.ru? I would love to talk to her. I dream of going back to Russia and making National News about these issues, so Russian girls at least hear about shitty lives they are dreaming about by marrying some 70 year old retards and moving to the USA where they get no life.

While she does sound kind of offensive by blaming America, you have to understand - she is not taking Prozac and she is in deep depression! Those of you saying that Russian chicks become gold-diggers, bitches and whineys - I would agree. It is VERY hard to explain, but girls are NOT ready in any way to the US culture (loneliness, egoism, selfishness, career-only mind, no family ties, complete isolation) - so they react badly upon arrival and change not for good. Another side - many of them are romantic and grew up watching Hollywood movies, where "pretty", brave and strong American guy protects and wins over a hot girl. Movies show that people are SO friendly, close and romantic, when in reality we know it is a complete BS! So these girls dream of that reality and when they come to America they realize that neighbors avoid each other and families hate each other or just not close at all by Slavic means. AND of course - keep in mind that about 30% of those girls are PURE gold-diggers, who is trying to solve financial issues by moving abroad and marrying a rich American. And again - thanks to Hollywood, Russian girls are thinking that everyone in America drives a Ferrari and owns a villa in Beverly Hills. Well, no one is showing rednecks in Texas or Alabama in Hollywood movies, too bad :)

So in reality, I think the best solution is NOT to bring a girl to America, but to marry her and live in some other country. It benefits everyone in every way, because NO MATTER what you do, America will influence Russian or other Slavic girls and they will just become more bitchy, unsatisfied and independent of her husband because it is engraved in the US culture. Also, by not taking a girl abroad you know that she is after you, not America. Oh yes, MOST (about 70%) of girls in Russia-Ukraine have never been abroad AT ALL or visited Turkey for vacation. Good highways and clean running water seems to be a thing of a luxury to them (I thought so myself).

In reality, I would not want to live in Russia. I would however, live in Kiev, Ukraine. It is a beautiful and very developed city with variety of jobs available and beautiful girls are just all over. I think Hungary, Slovakia and some Yugoslav states (Macedonia, Montenegro - stunningly beautiful) would be excellent to live in and have a family with decent income.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I'll ask her if she has a Russian Facebook Account.

Yeah I noticed that some Russian guys in Russia think that it's easy to get girls anywhere and that foreign guys should look in their own country. I explained to him all about it, but he could not relate at all, and still disagreed with me.

It would be great if you could educate the folks on Russian sites about the truth about America. Maybe you can start by posting links on their sites to this one? Show them the 6 advantages of Russian women article of mine:

http://www.happierabroad.com/ebook/Page52.htm
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
rome86
Freshman Poster

Post by rome86 »

Winston wrote:I'll ask her if she has a Russian Facebook Account.

Yeah I noticed that some Russian guys in Russia think that it's easy to get girls anywhere and that foreign guys should look in their own country. I explained to him all about it, but he could not relate at all, and still disagreed with me.

It would be great if you could educate the folks on Russian sites about the truth about America. Maybe you can start by posting links on their sites to this one? Show them the 6 advantages of Russian women article of mine:

http://www.happierabroad.com/ebook/Page52.htm

hey winston the woman on your profile is gorgeous wow who is she ?
hello