Why Men Still Defend Marriage

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Why Men Still Defend Marriage

Post by jamesbond »

There are some men who will defend marriage to their death. Even with all the evidence that marriage is a raw deal for men in western countries, there will always be some men who defend marriage no matter what.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why Men Still Defend Marriage

Post by Yohan »

It depends where you live. The legal situation is totally different from country to country.
In Western countries marriage is a clear NO for men under any circumstances. To marry is a sell-out of yourself, degrading your personality and value as a man into a disposable item. It's a hateful environment and there is deep mistrust between men and women due to feminism.

Here in Japan the legal situation is not against men and not against marriage, nothing which is hateful, nothing to mistrust about it.

However there are economic reasons to be consider - do you have really a stable job and financial situation for a family... many young men are not in such a good position.

Life in the large cities, where are the jobs is not cheap at all, you are better of you are single and not only the men, same with women.

Life in rural areas and near the sea on small islands might be nice for some men if they take over the fishery, forestry or agriculture related companies from their parents, but most women do not want to live there.

Further, forget about a nice life in smaller Japanese cities too, there are no jobs, or low-paid part-time jobs only and such places are nice for retired people who have already another source of income like retirement allowance and do not need to work anything.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

I blame religious faiths, mass media, and social pressures from parents, females, and cuckified men who suffer from Stockholm Syndrome.

There is no plausible reason any man needs to marry in any society anywhere.

Some Jewish parents have stipulated that their children can inherit wealth only if they marry Jewish spouses. In that case, I would say screw the inheritance and make your own wealth!
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
September 10th, 2018, 2:48 am
There is no plausible reason any man needs to marry in any society anywhere.
Except if they felt an obligation to do their fair share by handing down a civilization to their descendants as it had been handed down to them rather than let everything go to shit. Otherwise of course you are right.
In that case, I would say screw the inheritance and make your own wealth!
I suspect your definition of "making your own wealth" and mine differ slightly.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Is he on the government gravy train ? he claimed he was a LEO. A lot of those guys have done real well but the pensions are coming to a head now!
Time to Hide!
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

Yohan wrote:
September 9th, 2018, 8:45 pm
It depends where you live. The legal situation is totally different from country to country.
In Western countries marriage is a clear NO for men under any circumstances. To marry is a sell-out of yourself, degrading your personality and value as a man into a disposable item. It's a hateful environment and there is deep mistrust between men and women due to feminism.
100% correct. Smart men are catching on to this while fools continue to sell themselves out only to realize later down the line what a grand mistake they made.

What men need to realize, though, is that the time will come, if it (arguably) hasn't already, when a smart man shuns ANY kind of sexual or romantic relationship with women in Western countries, and only fools continue to have girlfriends or play the field opening themselves up to ruin at a future date. Specifically a future date when he has wealth that a woman from his past covets. (and every man imo should leave open the possibility that he may in the future have wealth)

If you've been paying attention to #metoo etc, you've seen how men can have their lives destroyed because of something they did in the past which was totally acceptable at the time. It's not just that the line keeps moving. It's that being on the wrong side of it even in the past can be used against you retroactively. It's insane but it's the world we live in.

All evidence indicates that the line will keep moving, who knows how far. Best to steer clear of women now even if you never intended to marry one.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

flowerthief00 wrote:
September 16th, 2018, 1:58 pm
Smart men are catching on to this while fools continue to sell themselves out only to realize later down the line what a grand mistake they made.
Great to see other men finally understanding this. But miserable men who realize this too late DESERVE every bit of torment and tumult that comes down upon them! These are the very men who revile Red Pill truths and who would sell other men down in any matter of controversy with a female. May they reap what they sow :lol:
flowerthief00 wrote: Best to steer clear of women now even if you never intended to marry one.
I don't take it quite that far, but I certainly understand that view. I DO encourage men to deal with women on the men's terms. Yes, there is risk inherent in that, but it is managed risk. If some 22 year old, hot sugar baby decides to accuse me of some impropriety, I'll have a recorded interaction, a body of electronic communications, and she'll have a lack of actionable proof.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

In my heart, I know that this young guy is wrong.

If you sit down and calculate how much you make from a typical job and the cost of having kids, you will probably calculate that you will make more money being single. It may not turn out that way. When I got married, more money suddenly opened up for me. I don't believe I am limited to mathematical calculations, and God answers prayers and has gotten me out of financial jams in the past and provision came in after the kids did.

If you do want to have kids, there can definitely be some financial benefits to having the mother live in the house, cook food, take care of the kids, as opposed to hiring a woman to have your baby and paying babysitters. Even when you first get married, if you have a stay-at-home wife, there is some 'utility' to having a woman to sleep with regularly and cook your food. The first year of marriage, I probably had 340 days or nights of sexual release from being a married man (estimating that I might have been knocked out of it for about 20 days due to dengue fever and other illnesses).

This is a rather selfish and cold-sounding line of reasoning, but If I were a fornicator who went to prostitutes, at $50 a pop back then, that would be 17K a year--which was a lot more money back then. I'm guessing I've probably had sex with my wife a few thousand times by now...thinking of intercourse. So lets say the market rate in today's dollars was $100--- just a guess. 2000 times is $200,000 worth and 3000 is $300,000 worth. How much extra is it worth since I married a virgin and have had all this sex without the risk of venereal diseases-- including HIV/AIDs? My wife cooks cuisines from over a dozen countries, too and does other house work. All that doesn't take into account having someone who loves and cares about me.

I've been married over 10 years, and I won't say it is terrible. Overall, marriage is good. I think just about every woman is either annoying or hard to deal with at times. Any time you spend a lot of time around someone, they can get on your nerves at times. The guys in the video who complained about marriage after 10 years might have been stuck in a cycle where they weren't getting along or something like that, or their wives were annoying them or whatever.

If 50% of marriages in the US end in divorce, the other 50% do not. There are marriages that stick together out there, where the couple actually get along and both experience a 'net gain' from the relationship.

The marriage system is messed up in the US. Part of it is the easy divorce, the courts rewarding women for breaking faith with their husbands. Another part of the messed up system is the ideas we see in this video, men not wanting to marry. We end up with a generation where a lot of kids are bastards, not raised by their father who is married to their mother. Most of them grow up seeing women as dominant, since mom is, without a role model of a man being in charge in the home. It further intensifies the problem, IMO, and makes it worse.

And for some of us, having sex outside of marriage is wrong for religious reasons. For practical reasons, it makes sense not to do it either. Where do kids born out of wedlock come from. Sleeping around. If a condom is 92% effective and you have sex 100 times, that's like having sex with a woman 8 times without a condom. (And if you apply this reasoning to pre-artificial-birth-control days, it is even stronger.) If it's a girl you picked up and she is sexually interested enough to sleep with a stranger, she just might be ovulating. The chances of you getting primary custody of the kid and raising him or her is minimal. Then you have another a kid not raised by the father, or marginally so. Kids raised just by mothers are at a disadvantage on a number of stats related to grades, crime, etc.

Married men tend to live longer, so there may be some health benefits to it.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

You can always tell a married man trying to defend the indefensible. It is quite pathetic to behold these types squirm and rationalize all while knowing deep down that their lives suck.

It takes a man greater than a defeated married type to publically acknowledge his lamentable status. That is why they will litter you with empty platitudes like “Marriage is guud” and “I used to get sex all the time when my wife was young and hot!”

These are men who not only live by convention, they live by female convention regardless of the society or culture.

If you want to live under such self-deluded, slave-like conditions, then follow their example and get married. You will deserve all the misery and regret that befalls you!
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

I am not afraid. God has shown me that He will protect me no matter what.

I had another false accusation made against me last week, by a young woman, and I had done nothing to earn it. I merely looked in her direction. Then she went on about how I am old enough to be her grandfather (because of the white hairs which I love: wisdom).

Her accusation did not stick. It did not work. She reported me to people who could have ruined my life, but nothing came of it.

That was not my first tangle with false accusations from women.

So now the evidence is clear, that God will not allow any woman to destroy me, and if she is too silly, she will disqualify herself before we even get out of the starting gate.

However, now I am starting to realize the mentality of women and where it lies in terms of maturity and morality, and I can see why they were not given the rights of men, and now I see why the first child birth for them is the ultimate pain.

Also, I do not believe in signing any contract with any woman whatsoever for any reason considering what woman is.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

MrMan wrote:
September 16th, 2018, 8:23 pm
..... when you first get married, if you have a stay-at-home wife, there is some 'utility' to having a woman to sleep with regularly and cook your food. The first year of marriage, I probably had 340 days or nights of sexual release from being a married man
I've been married over 10 years, and I won't say it is terrible. Overall, marriage is good.
I am from Europe and more than 40 years married, and I can say, out of my observation with other men from Europe that your statement is only true, when you relocate to a country which is clearly not feminist-friendly. As far I as know, you are connected to a woman from Indonesia, which population is about 90 percent Islamic orientated.

Living in Western countries as a married man with a so-called 'grrl next door' is simply said, too risky - there are legal concerns, but also behavior related problems like drugs and alcohol, refusing sex with the husband but sleep around with boyfriends, and don't expect her to do any housework like cooking....
If 50% of marriages in the US end in divorce, the other 50% do not. There are marriages that stick together out there, where the couple actually get along and both experience a 'net gain' from the relationship.
This statistic is not correct, as at least in EU (but likely also in USA etc.) a marriage contract which holds longer than 10 years is considered as fulfilled and a divorce past 10 years is not counted. Divorce rate is likely somewhere around 70 percent in Western countries or higher, as co-habitation is considered 'same as married' after a few months and carries the same financial risk for a man.
The marriage system is messed up in the US.
Not only in USA, but everywhere in the Western world, especially in the entire Anglosphere.
There is absolutely no reason for a man to continue to live there AND to get married.
If you cannot relocate, the only solution to be relatively safe against irresponsible demands from females is to remain single, no children and to avoid any risky nonsense actions -like co-habitation, adoption, sperm donor....
And for some of us, having sex outside of marriage is wrong for religious reasons.
Unfortunately most Western women do not care about 'religious reasons'. You will hardly find a 'virgin' who is older than 13 and is not a willing victim of 'statutory rape' by some of her many boyfriends.
Married men tend to live longer, so there may be some health benefits to it.
In which country? For example in Russia this is not the case, men die very early, much earlier than women - life expectancy is only 64 years or so...
There are other reasons for a long life for men, like early retirement or good medical care - it's not about 'being married'.

Men in general die much earlier than women, married or not. Nobody can deny that.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Neo wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 10:35 am
I had another false accusation made against me last week, by a young woman, and I had done nothing to earn it... Her accusation did not stick. It did not work. She reported me to people who could have ruined my life, but nothing came of it.
I'm glad you came out of that unscathed. Imagine what Brett Kavanaugh must be going thru since some walrus of a woman claimed she was groped by him 30 years ago in high school!

However, at some point the law of averages may catch up to you and such allegations may stick. I certainly hope they don't, but none of us is immune to the evil finger of some vexatious Western woman frothing at the mouth with squawks of "J'accuse, j'accuuuuse!"
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

September 17th, 2018, 12:39 pm
Neo wrote:
I had another false accusation made against me last week, by a young woman, and I had done nothing to earn it... Her accusation did not stick. It did not work. She reported me to people who could have ruined my life, but nothing came of it.
I'm glad you came out of that unscathed. Imagine what Brett Kavanaugh must be going thru since some walrus of a woman claimed she was groped by him 30 years ago in high school!

However, at some point the law of averages may catch up to you and such allegations may stick. I certainly hope they don't, but none of us is immune to the evil finger of some vexatious Western woman frothing at the mouth with squawks of "J'accuse, j'accuuuuse!"
This has really changed the level of respect I have for women in general knowing how lightly some of them can do this.

In any case, I am not worried. I did nothing at all to get her to accuse me. Nothing. I just looked in her direction. Then she ran and told someone that I was an old man who was bothering her (most likely she said I was saying bad things to her, which I wasn't).

I did nothing to her. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. I was just sitting next to her and looked in her direction. What a big mistake.

I'm still not worried though. God can turn a negative into a positive. For example, Patriarch Joseph (the father of Ephraim and Manasses) was accused of attempted rape of an important man's wife and was thrown in prison for years. When he got out, he became the second in charge of the whole country (Prime Minister under the king?), and almost all of the Egyptians later became servants under him. Just believe.

Anyway, that was the second time. So I know God is a shield for me.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

September 17th, 2018, 12:39 pm
Neo wrote:
The other thing is, since important men are being accused, I hope they will do something about women's rights to accuse men falsely. Women should pay the sentence the man would have gotten if he had been convicted.

If someone punched me in the face in high school, I wouldn't then move forward against him if he was going for high office. This should not be a woman's right to bring up something from the past.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

You don't have to be religious to acknowledge the facts surrounding sleeping around. That is high-risk behavior that anyone wanting to marry eventually (especially women, because women are at higher risk than men when it comes to this particular statistic) shouldn't ever consider. Depression, divorce, STD's, cheating on your spouse... the list of negatives correlated with high sexual partner count is long. Women with a high sexual partner count have been shown to gradually lose the ability to bond with a mate, and it's not hard to see how that can become a recipe for regret. They also report a high probability of being unhappy in life.

Thus the most foolish of the fools is the man who tries to make a whore into a housewife. The odds of his plan backfiring on him are so high that you can almost take it to the bank. Only marriage to a virgin or something damn close to one is half-way sensible if you and your spouse want a decent shot at making the thing work.

However, in the West today there is hardly a single woman out there who both wants to get married and is a virgin at the same time.
So we are back to the same conclusion: Men should not marry.