Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Why does God keep TRAPPING me in Taiwan for months?!

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

User avatar
xiongmao
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2700
Joined: March 9th, 2011, 6:09 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Why does God keep TRAPPING me in Taiwan for months?!

Post by xiongmao » January 9th, 2018, 11:11 am

Taiwan Province is quite near to me so I will try and visit some time and see if I get eye contact.

I had a look and hotels seemed a bit expensive and also I too am trapped in my city. Actually I've not left my city in 3 months but I have started chatting to Chinese ladies. If I find a good one worthy of buying a train ticket, I will leave my room.

The Zhejiang people also seem quite meek and susceptible to kryptonite. But on the plus side crime is low here as nobody has the balls to start something.
I quit my boring cubicle slave job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Want to teach English overseas? Check out my TEFL blog.
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then join my free Asian dating site.




Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!



User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 25914
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Why does God keep TRAPPING me in Taiwan for months?!

Post by Winston » January 9th, 2018, 12:09 pm

It's not just meekness. It's repression and being too reserved too, like people are in Seattle or Sweden or Finland, only more extreme, as well as weak and gutless. Mainland Chinese are not like that. They walk with more confidence and without shame or guilt or fear. I noticed this immediately upon arriving in China. Just look at the body language when they walk. Mainland Chinese are not super repressed or reserved or closed like that. They aren't made to feel weak and scared of others like Taiwanese are. Taiwan has learned too many bad things from the US.

Yeah if you've been there three months then you are bound to get restless. Three months is a long time and will start to feel like a rut. You start to want to adventure somewhere else. That goes for anywhere, even great places.
Check out my fun video clips in Russia and video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

See my HA Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4777
Joined: September 1st, 2007, 5:44 am
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Why does God keep TRAPPING me in Taiwan for months?!

Post by momopi » January 12th, 2018, 3:56 am

Winston wrote:
January 9th, 2018, 10:38 am
droid wrote:
January 9th, 2018, 9:57 am
What is exactly "trapping" you there this time Winston? Tasks regarding your properties? helping relatives? It's not very clear
I already told you. Its 101 reasons. First its work. Then its visiting a brothel to find a girl i liked before. Then its work again. Then its documentaries. Then its waiting for items to arrive by mail. Then its to fix website problems. Then its rest. Then medical issues. Now i was about to leave and theres a typhoon and rainstorm.

The first step is to stop grasping at straws to blame:
The universe
God
Gods/Deities
Superior beings
Demons
Archons
Mind parasites
Taiwanese girls ignoring you
Etc.

The second step is to re-prioritize your tasks. If visiting China or elsewhere to meet girls is your #1 priority then visiting brothels in Taiwan or sorting decade old videos from Russia should not take priority. Visiting Europe in 2018 and filming new videos is a better choice.

Typhoon or rain storm are short term events that only slightly delay but not block your goals. But if you choose to prioritize watching documentaries at home or waiting for mail order deliveries instead of going abroad then don't blame anyone else for your own decision.

In 2009 I worked as a consultant and was on as many as 6 different planes every week. If a client wants me in Toronto tomorrow I get on a flight tonight. Flight delays and missed transfers are simply risks that comes with the gig. If Plan B is to get a rental car at airport and drive 5 hours, so be it. I have never had so called "supernatural forces" that blocked me.


Winston wrote:
January 9th, 2018, 8:48 am
Taiwanese are such pitiful creatures i swear. Only upside down inverted weirdos from bizarro world like @Rock and @Monkro like Taiwan. Even @momopi deep down knows that all i say is true. Its just that like typical taiwanese he is not allowed to have opinions or observations. Notice how in his posts here he just cites facts and information only but never any insights or opinions or observations. Well thats the taiwanese type personality of never having any opinions. See what i mean? See how alienated i am in such a friggin zombie land like taiwan?
Just because the grape is out of reach doesn’t make it sour.

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 25914
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Why does God keep TRAPPING me in Taiwan for months?!

Post by Winston » January 12th, 2018, 11:08 am

[1/12, 2:28 PM] Winston: I have a theory. Do you think maybe the real reason why God or my subconscious mind and higher self, keep blocking me from going to China is because: deep down i know that finding a wife in china is easily achievable for me. But it knows i will marry the wrong person due to lust and love, and become materialistic and a slave just to serve and support her needs and thus deviate from my destiny and spiritual path? Could that be why?

[1/12, 3:00 PM] Winston: Yeah i mean think about it. The kind of chinese women that will marry me are those that think they can get a better life in the USA and have a house and car, etc. And they prefer a chinese american so they dont have to marry interracially and piss off their parents. Those are the types im gonna attract, women with materialistic values and goals. And if i fall for one, i will be like a chained puppy dog in love and go along with whatever she says. And she may drag me to the US and change my destiny and soul path. Or we could stay in china and the same could happen too. When a man falls in love he tends to sacrifice himself and whatever he needs to for that love. So perhaps my soul or higher self or guardian angels knows this and is trying to shield me from it? After all i do tend to fall in love easily and once a man is in love, he loses his reason and sanity too. We all know that.

[1/12, 3:00 PM] Winston: Btw some Chinese women actually told me that they insist on us getting married in the USA, not china. When i ask them why, they refuse to give me a reason. Isnt that a red flag that its because she knows that she can divorce me in the US and get my assets because the divorce laws in the US are biased toward women? Whereas in China the divorce laws favor men? Why else would they insist on that and not give me a good reason?

[1/12, 3:30 PM] Winston: But the thing is im a hopeless romantic type. So id likely fall for a woman at some point. Its in my nature. See what i mean?

[1/12, 3:31 PM] Winston: I want to go to china of course. In my conscious mind. Its my subconscious mind and higher self and guardian angel thats blocking me.
Check out my fun video clips in Russia and video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

See my HA Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

Daddy Wu
Freshman Poster
Posts: 27
Joined: December 17th, 2016, 5:56 am

Re: Why does God keep TRAPPING me in Taiwan for months?!

Post by Daddy Wu » January 12th, 2018, 12:08 pm

Winston! My son!

Daddy tell you why you stay in Taiwan!

Because you too much talky talky! Like girl!

Act like real man! Then you do many thing!

Listen to Daddy!

Love,
Your Daddy

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 25914
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Why does God keep TRAPPING me in Taiwan for months?!

Post by Winston » January 12th, 2018, 10:38 pm

momopi wrote:
January 12th, 2018, 3:56 am
Winston wrote:
January 9th, 2018, 10:38 am
droid wrote:
January 9th, 2018, 9:57 am
What is exactly "trapping" you there this time Winston? Tasks regarding your properties? helping relatives? It's not very clear
I already told you. Its 101 reasons. First its work. Then its visiting a brothel to find a girl i liked before. Then its work again. Then its documentaries. Then its waiting for items to arrive by mail. Then its to fix website problems. Then its rest. Then medical issues. Now i was about to leave and theres a typhoon and rainstorm.

The first step is to stop grasping at straws to blame:
The universe
God
Gods/Deities
Superior beings
Demons
Archons
Mind parasites
Taiwanese girls ignoring you
Etc.

The second step is to re-prioritize your tasks. If visiting China or elsewhere to meet girls is your #1 priority then visiting brothels in Taiwan or sorting decade old videos from Russia should not take priority. Visiting Europe in 2018 and filming new videos is a better choice.

Typhoon or rain storm are short term events that only slightly delay but not block your goals. But if you choose to prioritize watching documentaries at home or waiting for mail order deliveries instead of going abroad then don't blame anyone else for your own decision.

In 2009 I worked as a consultant and was on as many as 6 different planes every week. If a client wants me in Toronto tomorrow I get on a flight tonight. Flight delays and missed transfers are simply risks that comes with the gig. If Plan B is to get a rental car at airport and drive 5 hours, so be it. I have never had so called "supernatural forces" that blocked me.


Winston wrote:
January 9th, 2018, 8:48 am
Taiwanese are such pitiful creatures i swear. Only upside down inverted weirdos from bizarro world like @Rock and @Monkro like Taiwan. Even @momopi deep down knows that all i say is true. Its just that like typical taiwanese he is not allowed to have opinions or observations. Notice how in his posts here he just cites facts and information only but never any insights or opinions or observations. Well thats the taiwanese type personality of never having any opinions. See what i mean? See how alienated i am in such a friggin zombie land like taiwan?
Just because the grape is out of reach doesn’t make it sour.
@momopi
Well the rainstorm or typhoon was just one in a long series of events. It's a chain of events, like I told you. My subconscious mind also keeps making excuses. Perhaps for the reasons I stated in the previous post. It will tell me "just do this one more thing and then you can leave" but it will keep saying that for other things too. Each delay feels like "the last delay" and then it builds up to months.

But anyhow momopi, you can't just deny that supernatural forces exist. I know you're an Atheist, but I could easily give you LOTS and LOTS of evidence that supernatural forces really do exist, and many people smarter than you would agree too, for good reasons. But your mind is closed off to any evidence or info about it, because you've been brainwashed by the same camp that controls Michio Kaku, Lawrence Krauss, Bill Nye, Michael Shermer, Richard Dawkins, and all those other fundamentalists whose reason has been hijacked by Atheistic fundamentalism. You know, your mind has been HIJACKED. That's why you are able to apply critical thinking toward religion, but not toward atheism or evolution, which you consider a given fact even though in reality there is no evidence for it at all, which has been proven in other threads. So you are the polar opposite of @Adama. You see, he is able to apply great critical thinking against evolution and atheism, but none at all against his Christian faith. So both of you are fundamentalists, just on opposite ends of the spectrum. Neither extreme is complete and there is lots of data that do not fit into either world view. But you can't see that because you're a fundamentalist who has core beliefs that can't be changed, unless you want them to of course.

I know this is getting off track. But I just wanted you to know why you consider it impossible that supernatural forces are affecting anything, when in reality they could be affecting everything, or many things at least. I can tell you for sure that some supernatural forces exist. Guaranteed. I've studied and experienced and researched enough in life to know this for sure. And I've experienced intervention and help from God and my guardian angels or spirit guides too. And I've experienced some paranormal phenomena too. Of course you don't care and aren't interested in any of this, because your mind is made up that Atheism is the only truth and that's that. But I just wanted you to know that that's a false assumption on your part that the supernatural doesn't exist and cannot cause anything. FOR SURE you are wrong about that at least, even if you deny it. And remember, denial does not create a valid argument nor does it change reality or evidence or information.

Btw I definitely got some valuable work done in Taiwan. My videos are gems. They inspire people and they constitute a lot more proof than my words can, as we all know. Plus I had a lot of never before seen footage to upload too. Stuff I was supposed to do 10 years ago. But it's very hard being a one man operation.

Yes in theory it's easy to leave Taiwan. But if you remember from the Superman movies, Superman cannot just fly away from kryptonite. It weakens him to the point where he can't just fly away from it to escape. I know that sounds silly. But that's the best analogy for what Taiwan does to me.

I'm not the only one who thinks Taiwan has a very negative and weakening vibe btw. Falcon, Zboy1, Bao3niang, and Henry King (on our FB group) do too. And so do half the comments in my blog articles about why Taiwan sucks. So don't try to make me feel like the bad vibe doesn't exist or isn't a factor. It certainly is. Energy and vibes are very real. In fact, all matter is made of energy according to physics. Again, your denial does not change the truth of the matter.

Anyway, hope you understand. I'm not saying that I am not to blame or that I am not at fault for some of this. But you cannot say that there are no supernatural forces or that they are a zero factor because they don't exist or aren't real. You can't know that and you have no basis to say that. You are no expert in supernatural forces and have not even read any basic books on it. So you are the last person qualified to make judgments about it. You gotta admit that.

Now though, it's so cold that traveling to China would not be as pleasant anymore. After the rainstorm, came a cold spell. So I'm not sure what to do. Perhaps it'd be better to go to Philippines for a week first, since it's still warm there?

Also, my parents messed up too. My dad promised he'd let me show them around China back in September, but he broke it and got lazy and kept delaying, because he thinks he knows everything about China already without visiting, which is baloney, but Taiwanese mentality is among the most closed and stubborn and negative in the world.

Btw momopi, you forgot to add Murphy's Law to the list above too. lol. I know you probably don't believe in that either. However it is definitely real in some way, because as mentioned before, if things happen in a consistent pattern, then technically that cannot be due to coincidence or chance, as you atheists want to attribute everything to as though "chance" were your God because you hate the real God, as Adama said. And yes there are definite patterns to Murphy's Law, so it is a real force. I have many examples of that, whether you believe them or not, they are still real. Even Rock, Dianne and others have witnessed Murphy's Law events happen around me and noticed that there is some force that constantly delays me and causes obstacles to screw me up, in ways that cannot be attributed to normal chance or coincidence. @starchild5 has experienced this too. Too bad he isn't posting anymore.
Check out my fun video clips in Russia and video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

See my HA Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

Daddy Wu
Freshman Poster
Posts: 27
Joined: December 17th, 2016, 5:56 am

Re: Why does God keep TRAPPING me in Taiwan for months?!

Post by Daddy Wu » January 13th, 2018, 3:30 am

Winston! My man-child son!

Did dumbass virus infect brain?? You eat too much soy?????

Everything on you! If you stuck, only you to blame!

Stop make excuse!

You don't listen to Daddy!! Outrage!! No respect for elders!!!!

Love,
Your Daddy

User avatar
Carnio
Freshman Poster
Posts: 14
Joined: June 10th, 2017, 9:03 pm
Location: Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan

Re: Why does God keep TRAPPING me in Taiwan for months?!

Post by Carnio » January 13th, 2018, 8:44 pm

Winston wrote:
January 9th, 2018, 10:34 am
Carnio wrote:
January 9th, 2018, 9:53 am
Winston wrote:
January 9th, 2018, 8:48 am
FYI. Update from another thread:

So why would God or deities or higher forces want me to stay somewhere i dont even belong? You tell me.
Maybe perhaps the universe is telling you that you are destined to stay in taiwan? Perhaps maybe there's something in Taiwan you are not seeing and the universe wants you to stay there untill you find out.

Maybe, just maybe, that Taiwan, deep down at the heart if it, is not such a bad place after all. Maybe there are people in Taiwan who feel the way you do but is looking for someone, like you, to find and guide them. Maybe you should just hang on there for a little bit longer and find some more great things to be proud of.

Just maybe...
I thought of that too. But it doesnt make sense. If the universe wanted you to help someone you'd meet them within a few days. Sometimes within hours. The universe doesnt waste time like that. Instead everyone ignores me and acts cold and distant.

One time i did meet an lady in a vegetarian canteen who was in her 40s who was very curious about me. But she was dumb as rocks and messed up and secretive about everything. I only meet weirdos and losers. And the friends i do make here are low quality and a waste of time ultimately. They do nothing for me.

Plus im too old to hang here and waste time. If it wasnt for my parents i wouldnt be here ever. My parents love misery. Upside down closed negative repressed people love environments like taiwan which have those same characteristics. Its basic logic. Evil thrives in hell. And miserable Taiwanese are attached to miserable environments. Zombies stay in zombieland. Misfits dont thrive where they are misfit.
I wouldn't be so dismissive or quick to stay angry at Taiwan. Perhaps it's another reason why you are stuck. Perhaps Taiwan is helping you! maybe there is an event somewhere in which you would get in trouble or hurt if you left too soon and Taiwan will keep you safe. Perhaps sometimes the universe doesn't keep you somewhere to help others but to also protect you.

Also, I've read some of your previous posts about Taiwan regarding how people in Taiwan are very culturally similar to US in regards to being cold, stuck up, unfriendly and so on, Yet in china it is more friendly . I do indeed remember meeting a taiwanese women in Mainland china and she was repulsively cold, stuck up and had a "Don't say SHIT to me " attitude. yet the local Chinese (women) were so much more pleasant and easy to talk to. Although it was only one woman, I was actually going to try to go to taiwan this year or maybe next year, but if what you are saying is true about women in taiwan and the one I talked to are seriously that repulsive, how to you put up with living in Taiwan?? You mind as well just go back to the US!

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4777
Joined: September 1st, 2007, 5:44 am
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Why does God keep TRAPPING me in Taiwan for months?!

Post by momopi » January 21st, 2018, 8:25 pm

Winston wrote:
January 12th, 2018, 10:38 pm
Well the rainstorm or typhoon was just one in a long series of events. It's a chain of events, like I told you. My subconscious mind also keeps making excuses. Perhaps for the reasons I stated in the previous post. It will tell me "just do this one more thing and then you can leave" but it will keep saying that for other things too. Each delay feels like "the last delay" and then it builds up to months.
Almost Everyone’s mind makes excuses, consciously or unconsciously. When the alarm goes off in the morning I want to sleep in and can’t stop my mind from thinking “another 5 mins” – it’s why we have the snooze button. By the time that your mind is making excuses it’s already in the active mind and not unconscious. By compartmentalizing thoughts, feelings, and actions, I get out of bed (action) regardless of what excuses my mind makes in another compartment.

If there’s too much stuff racing in your head, then you need to de-clutter toward minimalist mindset to rid negative thoughts like obsessive, avoidance, indecision & procrastination that distract/drains you. Empty your mind of impulses, wishes, desires and be like still water in a pond that reflects the sun, moon, and stars. Then focus on a singular goal like a droplet of water hitting the surface. In shooting sports this is trigger discipline where you exercise breathing rhythm control, trigger pull stages and singular focus on target.

Many people have timorous minds suffering from ADHD, Bipolar, OCD, DSPD, Racing or Intrusive Thoughts, etc. and found ways to overcome them. Korean actor Lee Joon came from poverty and suffered severe bipolar disorder, insomnia, and depression. He was OCD & perfectionist and would stay awake for 2 days working because he was never satisfied with his work. 10 years ago, he couldn’t manage his mental illness and lost his admissions to the prestigious Seoul University.

He went into the entertainment industry and was open about his struggles with mental illness, which ironically casted him into successful “tortured soul” character roles. Over a period of 10 years he slowly took control of his life with healthy lifestyle and physical fitness. Last year (2017) he found love with his co-star Jung So-Min from “My Father is Strange” (*) and was physically and mentally sound to enlist in the army. He was so physically fit that he placed first out of 183 cadets in basic training, against guys who were as much as 10 years younger.

Image

Image

Lee Joon didn’t surrender to his unconscious mind or blame the Gods. He got off his butt and hit the gym for healthy dose of endorphins, and his body was good enough to be a underwear model for Kiss Republic brand. If he wanted to go visit China he wouldn’t surrender to the thought “it’s too cold and traveling to China wouldn’t be pleasant”. Actually it’s sunny 82F during the day at Sanya this week (01/19). China is big enough that you can visit Harbin International Ice and Snow Festival in Harbin at below freezing, or get a tan at sunny Sanya beach right now: http://en.sanyatour.com/explore-events/


(*) All 53 episodes (52+1 special) of My Father is Strange Korean Drama is avail on Youtube via KBS World TV with English subtitles for free:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8kjbrFI1eo

Winston wrote:
January 12th, 2018, 10:38 pm
But anyhow momopi, you can't just deny that supernatural forces exist. I know you're an Atheist, but I could easily give you LOTS and LOTS of evidence that supernatural forces really do exist
<snip>
My issue with your post is not about the existence (or lack) of a creator of the universe. It’s about you ranting stuff like God hates you or is trapping you in Taiwan. If I were to take a leap of faith here, I’d say that the Creator of the Universe is most likely NOT INTERSTED in micro-managing your love life or travel itinerary. So please, stop blaming upstairs.

In the Fables of Aesop there is a story of Hercules and the Wagoner. One day a Wagoner was driving a cart and the wheel sank into the mud. The Wagoner knelt and prayed to the Heavens for help from Hercules the Strong. A great voice boomed from the Heavens: “PUT YOUR SHOULDER TO THE WHEEL”.

Image

Winston wrote:
January 12th, 2018, 10:38 pm
Btw momopi, you forgot to add Murphy's Law to the list above too. lol. I know you probably don't believe in that either. However it is definitely real in some way, because as mentioned before, if things happen in a consistent pattern, then technically that cannot be due to coincidence or chance, as you atheists want to attribute everything to as though "chance" were your God because you hate the real God, as Adama said. And yes there are definite patterns to Murphy's Law, so it is a real force. I have many examples of that, whether you believe them or not, they are still real. Even Rock, Dianne and others have witnessed Murphy's Law events happen around me and noticed that there is some force that constantly delays me and causes obstacles to screw me up, in ways that cannot be attributed to normal chance or coincidence.<snip>
Instead of words like “murphy’s law” or “hopeless”, consider using the 1980s arcade game “frogger” instead. Life’s challenges are like crossing the street as a frog where cars, trucks, and buses are there to run you over:

Image


Citing recent personal example, I faced a number of incidents last year that spilled over to Jan 2018. In 2017 my friend Amy passed away at 38 from ovarian cancer, my father passed away at 80 from old age & health complications, and I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. The cost of funeral and cremation in Taiwan, then flying my father’s ashes back to US for burial had depleted my cash reserves. Then in first week of Jan one of my best friends was diagnosed with late stage pancreatic cancer, a storm caused roof leak at my income/rental house in Temecula, and I had to get a root canal and crown replacement at dentist which the insurance did not cover entirely.

Things got worse in the second week of Jan as my water heater in the primary residence/home leaked, I discovered that the drip pan’s drain pipe was actually not connected to the drain and it leaked water all over the hallway, 3 closets, bedroom, and 2 bathrooms. My wife was 6 weeks pregnant and started bleeding. I had to shut off the water main, call my wife’s property manager Mr Lee in Cerritos for help in sending a contractor, gave the house key to my neighbor Kim to ask her for help with the contractor, and take my wife to ER at Kaiser hospital.

We arrived at hospital around 6PM and waited in ER for 3 hours before OBGYN doctor arrived, only to tell us that he was getting off work at 9PM and another OBGYN doctor would come later to assist. My wife was still bleeding and by then we figured the pregnancy was a loss and best we could hope for was a clean miscarriage. I had taken glipizide earlier because we were going to have noodles for dinner and my blood sugar level was dropping (feeling faint). My in-law’s arrived at hospital but couldn’t reach us by phone due to poor reception in ER. OK that’s a lot of SUV’s aiming for my frog tonight.

My wife asked a nurse for assistance to use the restroom, I ran out to find the in-laws and returned to find that the nurse had abandoned my wife in the restroom. I asked another nurse for help and requested a small carton of apple juice to get my sugar level back up, and was given a small container of jello without a spoon. Finally, another OBGYN doctor came to ask us what we have been doing for over 3 hours and took my wife to ultrasound, as I ran out to the car to grab emergency ration bars from my get-home kit/bag.

By midnight they had determined that my wife had tubular pregnancy that bursted and caused internal bleeding, so they rolled her into pre-op for surgery. We had ultrasound done 3 days prior at same hospital and was told the results were inconclusive and to come back in 2 weeks. They really should have done more tests back then but it’s too late now. I was told to come back in 3 hours so I ran home to pack PJ’s and thermos with hot drink for my wife.

When I got home I found my water heater and pile of wood and drywall in the driveway. My neighbor knew that my wife was pregnant and instructed the contractor “better safe than sorry” for mold issues, so they cut out 2’ wood and drywall from floor across affected areas plus 3 door frames. So I had holes across 3 hallway closets, bedroom, and 2 bathrooms. No hot water and written estimate on kitchen table for $5,500 (both water damage and replacing water heater). Um, I have another hole in the roof at rental house at Temecula that needs fixing, dental bills for root canal/crown, and maybe $3,000 left in the bank? Does that truck have my frog’s name on it?

I cooked some salmon for dinner (had not eaten anything other than the energy bar for 12 hours) and went back to the hospital. They had to surgically remove one of her fallopian tubes, drain the blood from internal bleeding, and she was released at 4AM. I brought her home to a house that was in complete mess. Went to bed and woke up a few hours later, ate some oatmeal and took out an easel pad (large 25”x30” presentation notepads) and drew a T-chart labelled “issue” and “action” as follows:



Category A (critical urgency)

Issue: Taking care of wife

Action: Take wife to in-laws after she wakes up (no hot water at house for her to shower). Call my boss to explain situation and request few days off. For urgent issues I have my laptop and can work remotely as needed.

Issue: No hot water at house (wife can’t shower or bath, can’t run dishwasher, can’t do laundry on sanitation cycle)

Action: Call wife’s property manager Mr. Lee, explain situation and request assistance in getting new tankless water heater installed outside of the house (so it won’t leak inside again). My wife’s extended family has been doing business with Mr. Lee for over 20 years and I’m calling in favors.

Issue: Nails and screws. When the contractor ripped out wood, door frame and baseboards, they left the nails sticking out.

Action: Get toolbox from garage and remove or hammer exposed nails.


Category B (urgent)

Issue: House is a mess

Action: Call my house keeper Isabel, explain situation and ask her to come clean the best she can and launder the cloths, bedsheets, covers, etc. with a little bleach (never know what the cloths brought home from hospital environment). We have been using Isabel for about 10 years to clean the house every 2 weeks.

Issue: Need to call insurance for home warranty coverage on water damage in primary residence/home

Action: Call my insurance agent Allen and ask for help. From experience insurance company will take at least a week to get back to you and few weeks before an inspector comes. My family has been with the same agent since 1982 and I’m calling in favors.

Issue: Rental house in Temecula has hole in the roof, might rain later this week so tenant will complain

Action: Call my property manager Molly in Temecula, explain situation and ask her to get a handyman to throw a tarp over the roof. Contractors won’t arrive to inspect the roof until next week. I’ve been using her as my property manager for years.

Issue: Not enough cash on hand to pay for repairs

Action: Call financial advisor Joyce, explain situation and ask her to assist in determining what funds/assets to sell. My wife’s family has been using her for almost 20 years and I’ve been with her for 8 years.


Category C (can wait)

Issue: This Kaiser hospital sucks. If we had urgent life-threatening condition we might have died in ER waiting for a doctor.

Action: When we select insurance coverage next year, consider supplemental PPO coverage. And find a better hospital.

Issue: Did not have wife’s clothing in my emergency pack in trunk of car, had to run home to pack her cloths.

Action: Re-organize emergency pack/get-home bags in trunk to include couple pieces of clothing for wife. Replace expiring emergency rations and water packs.

Issue: Blood sugar level dropping and could not get juice

Action: Carry small packet of dry raisins.

Issue: Pregnancy was a loss

Action: Discuss with wife to pursue IVF option in 6 months.


Other items were added later (i.e. give my neighbor Kim box of chocolate to thank her for assistance, look up foods rich in iron for wife to off-set blood loss, etc.) but you get the idea. I started making phone calls for Cat A and B items down the list and when the wife woke up, I made her breakfast, packed her cloths and took her to the in-law’s. Then I went to local Korean spa for a soak (haven’t bathed in 2 days) and yukgaejang soup, which made me feel better but I knew that feeling better doesn’t equate to work done. It’s like people misunderstood each other when they say, “I know how you feel” but don’t really know, and trying to make the person feel better doesn’t fix the original problem –the water heater is not getting fixed by itself. I got off my ass and went home to finish removing/hammering the exposed nails.

The next day, between 8AM to Noon, my house keeper Isabel came to clean the house ($80) & brought a pot of caldo de res, my wife’s property manager Mr. Lee got a contractor over to install new tankless water heater outside ($3000), my Insurance Agent Allen got claims to do a write-up over the phone and sent a check for $3,200 (they assessed damage at $4200 with $1000 deductible), my property manager Molly’s father made cash offer to buy my investment house in Temecula @ $20K below market as-is condition (that is, if house is valued at $200K he will pay $180K. Deferring for now, but it’s fair deal), and our investment advisor Joyce sent several suggestions for funds to sell. By afternoon the house was cleaned, floors dry, sheets/covers replaced, laundry/dishes done, new water heater installed, hot soup on the stove, and I brought the wife back home. My frog crossed the street, hopped on to a lily pad and lived for another day.

Image

All these people that I engaged for help, I don’t have emotional, spiritual, or intellectual connections with. I’m merely in long-term reciprocal relationships of mutual benefit. This is how “tree’ and “grass” type people live and if you disregard building these relationships as “superficial” or “materialistic”, then they won’t stand out in the street holding STOP signs to help your frog get across. If you want to be a “cloud” without them, then you need to learn how to run/jump very fast on your own. I’m not trying to make you feel better or think in circles, I’m just telling you that being a slow frog means roadkill.

And if you think staying home will avoid the cars and trucks aiming for your frog, there’s a bus out there with your frog’s name on it. My friend Amy had bad experiences with her father and boyfriend in college, had issues with androphobia and preferred being a recluse. She was religious and other than going to church she stayed home and telecommuted for work. Over the years we’ve tried taking her on outings to concerts, BBQ’s, hiking trips, shooting range, arranged dates, etc. but she preferred to go back home and stay there. Her bus came and ran her over with late stage ovarian cancer.

Regardless of your belief in (or lack of) the afterlife or reincarnation, going through THIS life is the FIRST TIME for all of us. Just because we lived yesterday doesn’t mean that we know all about tomorrow. As far as I know tomorrow's road could be full of trucks aiming for my frog, or mostly empty with some guy riding a bicycle. What I do know is that there's a timer on the bottom of the screen, and if I wait too long before jumping across, that bus with my frog's name on it will come for me regardless -- then it's game over. So, decide for yourself what you want to do. If you let delays and obstacles dominate your life and stay in place, you'll be roadkill when the timer runs out anyway.

Image

Guhji
Freshman Poster
Posts: 72
Joined: November 22nd, 2013, 4:42 am

Re: Why does God keep TRAPPING me in Taiwan for months?!

Post by Guhji » January 21st, 2018, 10:11 pm

"What a day, what a motherf*n day"~Lonzo from Training Day.

chanta76
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1776
Joined: February 11th, 2008, 4:56 pm

Re: Why does God keep TRAPPING me in Taiwan for months?!

Post by chanta76 » January 24th, 2018, 6:45 am

momopi,

Didn't know you were married.

User avatar
xiongmao
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2700
Joined: March 9th, 2011, 6:09 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Why does God keep TRAPPING me in Taiwan for months?!

Post by xiongmao » January 24th, 2018, 8:43 am

God has conspired to keep me in cold and boring, dateless Zhejiang Province. HE denied me a flight to Bangkok by making my UK credit card be declined and he punished me by making CTrip prices outrageous.

But the ray of sunshine is that HE seems to have found me a part-time job so I will get paid while getting paid.
I quit my boring cubicle slave job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Want to teach English overseas? Check out my TEFL blog.
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then join my free Asian dating site.

Jonny Law
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1076
Joined: May 13th, 2014, 9:14 pm

Re: Why does God keep TRAPPING me in Taiwan for months?!

Post by Jonny Law » January 24th, 2018, 1:57 pm

xiongmao wrote:
January 24th, 2018, 8:43 am
God has conspired to keep me in cold and boring, dateless Zhejiang Province. HE denied me a flight to Bangkok by making my UK credit card be declined and he punished me by making CTrip prices outrageous.

But the ray of sunshine is that HE seems to have found me a part-time job so I will get paid while getting paid.
How About Seeing an Old School Windmill
Jocund Farm
Changjieshantou Village, Ninghai County 315600, China

There are a shit-load of things to do in Zhejiang
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions ... jiang.html

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4777
Joined: September 1st, 2007, 5:44 am
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Why does God keep TRAPPING me in Taiwan for months?!

Post by momopi » February 11th, 2018, 6:08 pm

chanta76 wrote:
January 24th, 2018, 6:45 am
momopi,

Didn't know you were married.
I have mentioned it a few times here, referring to my wife as my SO (significant other).

I stopped spamming photos of GF's and SO's online some years ago due to an incident back in the 2000's. Years prior I went out with a Taiwanese classmate from college, she moved back to TW and we remained friends. I had my own web server back then with large photo archive and I gave my friends accounts so they could deposit their photos.

Her new BF in Taiwan browsed through the photos and found ones that we took years ago from various outings in California. Dude had major issues and went off on her and demanded to speak to me about her relationship history. I'm like, WTF and unplugged the server. I didn't even sleep with that girl. She was bone skinny and I fed her a lot of buffet and AYCE BBQ.

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4777
Joined: September 1st, 2007, 5:44 am
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Why does God keep TRAPPING me in Taiwan for months?!

Post by momopi » February 13th, 2018, 4:24 pm

xiongmao wrote:
January 24th, 2018, 8:43 am
God has conspired to keep me in cold and boring, dateless Zhejiang Province. HE denied me a flight to Bangkok by making my UK credit card be declined and he punished me by making CTrip prices outrageous.

But the ray of sunshine is that HE seems to have found me a part-time job so I will get paid while getting paid.
Read "adventures of God" comics and cheer up:

http://m.webtoons.com/en/comedy/adventu ... tle_no=853

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Rants and Raves”