Update: WE ARE BACK ONLINE! The Forum has been RESTORED! See announcement here. If there are any problems or issues, please report them in the announcement thread. Note: Unfortunately I was not able to import the posts made after the crash (on Sept 18) into the restored forum. However, I exported all the posts submitted after the crash into a Word file, so you can download it, find your posts and re-post them. Download the posts here. Thanks for your patience and welcome back everyone!

Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Abandoned amusement places show workaholic culture!

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

traveller
Freshman Poster

Abandoned amusement places show workaholic culture!

Post by traveller » May 18th, 2016, 4:49 am

And I personally know a few of them. For instance, we have Six Flags New Orleans near New Orleans, Louisiana, we have Ebenezer Floppen Slopper's Wonderful Water slides/Doc River's Roaring Rapids water park in Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois, there's Geauga Lake amusement park in Aurora, Ohio near Cleveland. Not to mention Kiddieland in River Grove, Illinois (about a half mile or so from Triton College) which was demolished and where the park once stood now stands a Costco store.

To me, these abandoned amusement parks/water parks, some of which are left to fall into ruin, are a sign of America's rapid rush to a purely workaholic culture. Or as one would call it, an all work no play culture, as in nobody leaves the house except for work and shopping.

Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!

The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Re: Abandoned amusement places show workaholic culture!

Post by The_Adventurer » May 18th, 2016, 6:28 am

That could be just as much due to tablets, internet and video games as workaholism...
“b***y is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of b***y in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan

gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis » May 18th, 2016, 3:11 pm

Most Americans who work long hours do so because they have to. The cost of living is high in most cities where work is available. Wages are low for most workers who are not part of the baby boomer generation. (Probably a lot of boomers have had to take a pay cut, but at least they got to ride the gravy train for quite a while.)

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond » May 18th, 2016, 3:39 pm

People in America work so much because they have to. If they could, they would spend more time having fun, like Winston is doing right now. :D

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

traveller
Freshman Poster

Post by traveller » May 18th, 2016, 5:55 pm

gnosis wrote:Most Americans who work long hours do so because they have to. The cost of living is high in most cities where work is available. Wages are low for most workers who are not part of the baby boomer generation. (Probably a lot of boomers have had to take a pay cut, but at least they got to ride the gravy train for quite a while.)
So in other words, America is literally becoming like another Mexico. I used to have neighbors in Chicagoland who are from Mexico, and they told me that people in Mexico also struggle to get by.

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque » May 19th, 2016, 1:14 am

there GETTING RID OF THE MIDDLE CLASS WORLD WIDE

Congressmen Wright Pittman stated our rulers were building a system to shackle us from cradle to grave.......
Time to Hide!