Does Donald Trump represent most Americans?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

Does Donald Trump represent most Americans?

Post by Temprano26 »

Apparently he is the leading man for POTUS in the Republican Party now but does that represent how far the Republicans have fallen or is there a possibility he resonates with the mainstream and could even win the White House? He is a reality TV host who is using the election as another reality show and it keeps America watching. At first he was the entertainment candidate but it would seem Americans will vote for who is most entertaining than anyone with the experience to run a country. Or is he a reflection of America's mean-spirited, loudmouth culture that we always discuss?
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Does Donald Trump represent most Americans?

Post by fschmidt »

Temprano26 wrote:Or is he a reflection of America's mean-spirited, loudmouth culture that we always discuss?
This

Here is how decent people (Mennonites) see Trump:

http://mennodiscuss.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24773
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Whatever the actual merits of Donald Trump, I don't see how we cannot be grateful to him for pushing the Overton Window to the right and depantsing the lamestream media.
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural »

I keep wondering when (or if) his various escapades about being a "great businessman" will be aired by the mainstream media. This guy is dirtier than a pig in slop, from being in bed with the mob to outright theft on a major scale. Everybody talks about how he is so different, but he is a slick backstabbing crook who only cares about himself. Although I guess that does settle the issue of whether he is qualified.

This is Joey Diaz talking about stuff that the media won't touch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owgPCYGxjfE

The truly sad thing is that I'm not sure any of the other candidates are much better, although Sanders might be interesting in some ways. But re Trump, anybody that Sarah Palin endorses is an automatic no go for me.

Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson