Friend blocked me for convincing him to go abroad

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
rick539
Freshman Poster

Friend blocked me for convincing him to go abroad

Post by rick539 »

So my friend recently blocked me today because I am going abroad to find a girlfriend and he thinks that anyone who isn't able to find their soul mate in america is a loser. He was getting rejected by girls and so I told him that he should go abroad because he will have more options and more chances. He seemed to want to do it at first but then had a change of mind when he talked to this other friend of his who convinced him to not go abroad. His other friend told him to block anyone who tries to convince him to go abroad and so he blocked me. I don't get why he would do that as I was just trying to help him out. What are your opinions on this guy ?
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: Friend blocked me for convincing him to go abroad

Post by OutWest »

rick539 wrote:So my friend recently blocked me today because I am going abroad to find a girlfriend and he thinks that anyone who isn't able to find their soul mate in america is a loser. He was getting rejected by girls and so I told him that he should go abroad because he will have more options and more chances. He seemed to want to do it at first but then had a change of mind when he talked to this other friend of his who convinced him to not go abroad. His other friend told him to block anyone who tries to convince him to go abroad and so he blocked me. I don't get why he would do that as I was just trying to help him out. What are your opinions on this guy ?

Why care what this LOSER thinks? Go abroad...while you are succeeding...lovely GF. or wife....on a tropical beach perhaps, your USA ahole friends will be getting what they deserve: nasty divorces by their then 300 lb cheese monster wives...taking them to the cleaners...

Get new friends..dump these stuck in the mud duche bags who demand that you be as miserable as they are. PM some of us fellows on this forum who have actually done it...find some mentors in the process...and you will never look back.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

rick539 wrote:I don't get why he would do that as I was just trying to help him out. What are your opinions on this guy ?
Forget him.
About helping him out, not all people are known to be thankful for offering help.

I met many people like him in my life, not worth the time even to talk about my negative experiences with such kind of 'friends'.
Forget him...
Last edited by Yohan on October 11th, 2015, 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 20th, 2020, 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

See, we worry about women. A woman will follow you, if you stand up. A man will want to fight you. Look how easily that man was convinced by another man with merely one word to throw away your entire friendship. That doesnt say anything bad about you. It just tells you how suggestible your friend is. I bet if that other friend told him that hot girls are terrible people and ugly women are awesome people, he'd believe that too. You don't need to hang out with a man who is simply that stupid. Maybe in 20 years he will see how stupid he was to change his mind so easily.

Also remember that regardless how logical your arguments are, most beliefs are entirely emotion based. It isnt your argument. It is the emotions which they provoke. So explaining your position with logic will only harden stances. And also remember that not everyone is willing to listen to propaganda, or political advertising, especially if it goes against society. Some people need to remain trapped because they don't want to believe they are trapped. That would cause far too much panic and means they would have to do something about it. Most people don't want to deal with those types of emotions or problems. So just keep your opinions on the matter to yourself until you find someone who is like-minded.

That goes for any topic that goes against what society suggests. You're better off steering the conversation away from highly charged topics and sticking to light-hearted things when you already know you're not on the same page with someone else.

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs. Neither cast ye your pearls before swine. Lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again, and rend you.

The truth is a pearl, but swine do not appreciate truth or precious things. They only seek to destroy. And after you have delivered that message and they have destroyed it, they will then become defensive and seek to destroy you. So if the person isnt open minded to it, don't give it to them. You can not educate fools, because fools despite education.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
cbcsurvivalist
Freshman Poster

Post by cbcsurvivalist »

Your Ex friend is a f***ing loser, getting all butt hurt because you refuse to follow the social norm. Get rid of people like that!
http://cbcsurvivalguide.com/ Tips and Tricks for the CBC in the 21th century
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

What does it mean if a friend 'blocks' you? Did he 'block' you from going abroad? Did he 'block' you while playing basketball because you said you wanted a foreign girlfriend? Did he 'block' you by standing in the doorway?

Is this a Facebook or other Internet network thing? Did he 'defriend' you? Was the guy an actual friend, or was it some stranger who 'friended' you on Facebook.

If your friendship is enough for him to end over something stupid like that, then it doesn't sound like it was much of a friendship.

If you are posting about wanting to go abroad all the time and how American women are no good, maybe he blocked you so as not to read your posts on Facebook. So what? I don't want to read posts I'm not interested in either.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

rick539 wrote:So my friend recently blocked me today because I am going abroad to find a girlfriend and he thinks that anyone who isn't able to find their soul mate in america is a loser. He was getting rejected by girls and so I told him that he should go abroad because he will have more options and more chances. He seemed to want to do it at first but then had a change of mind when he talked to this other friend of his who convinced him to not go abroad. His other friend told him to block anyone who tries to convince him to go abroad and so he blocked me. I don't get why he would do that as I was just trying to help him out. What are your opinions on this guy ?

This is "Happier abroad". It's all about YOU, YOU, and YOU going abroad to find happiness.

It's not about Dick, Moe, or Larry.
MustVisitAsia123
Freshman Poster

Post by MustVisitAsia123 »

Lmao is this an internet friend?
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

This dork will probably end up unhappily married to a butch looking feminist with a double chin.