American singles have fewer rights than couples/groups.

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
traveller
Junior Poster

American singles have fewer rights than couples/groups.

Post by traveller »

As if the loneliness of being single wasn't enough, it appears singles in America actually have fewer rights than Americans in relationships and/or who are part of a group. One place that the lack of rights for singles rears it's ugly head is the carnival. As of lately, more and more carnival rides are becoming off limits to singles. One particular ride, the Zipper, was an all time favorite of mine until the "No Single Riders" policy for that ride started getting enforced like it were Federal law straight from Washington, DC.

Apparently in 1995, some high-on-crack zealots at Chance Rides Inc decided to make a huge public fuss about how single riders on the Zipper would turn sideways and slip out from under the lap bar. I personally have ridden single on the Zipper innumerable times in the distant past and I could never turn sideways and slip out from under the lap bar. And in fact, I even tried positioning my legs into an "Indian Style" position numerous times on the Zipper to change my center of gravity to cause the gondola to spin more, especially on the curves. But I could never spread my thighs any wider than about a 60 degree angle under the lap bar, and could only position my lower legs into an "X" position.

As of now, I have totally vowed never to go on the Zipper or any ride manufactured by Chance "North Korea" Rides, Inc and plan to publicly boycott Chance Rides Inc by telling everyone to stay off all carnival rides manufactured by Chance "North Korea" Rides, Inc, including but not limited to the Zipper, the Century Wheel, the Yo-Yo, Pharaoh's Fury, and most others.

Worsening the situation, there are no designated "single riders" waiting areas or waiting seats for single riders to wait for a partner to ride with them, even for the Zipper. Clearly, Chance "North Korea" Rides, Inc's mission and top priority is total isolation and quarantine of all singles. Chance Rides, Inc is apparently based in Wichita, Kansas, but they act like they are based right in Pyongyang, North Korea, and as it appears, American carnivals are becoming literal "No Singles" zones.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Re: American singles have fewer rights than couples/groups.

Post by IraqVet2003 »

traveller wrote:As if the loneliness of being single wasn't enough, it appears singles in America actually have fewer rights than Americans in relationships and/or who are part of a group. One place that the lack of rights for singles rears it's ugly head is the carnival. As of lately, more and more carnival rides are becoming off limits to singles. One particular ride, the Zipper, was an all time favorite of mine until the "No Single Riders" policy for that ride started getting enforced like it were Federal law straight from Washington, DC.

Apparently in 1995, some high-on-crack zealots at Chance Rides Inc decided to make a huge public fuss about how single riders on the Zipper would turn sideways and slip out from under the lap bar. I personally have ridden single on the Zipper innumerable times in the distant past and I could never turn sideways and slip out from under the lap bar. And in fact, I even tried positioning my legs into an "Indian Style" position numerous times on the Zipper to change my center of gravity to cause the gondola to spin more, especially on the curves. But I could never spread my thighs any wider than about a 60 degree angle under the lap bar, and could only position my lower legs into an "X" position.

As of now, I have totally vowed never to go on the Zipper or any ride manufactured by Chance "North Korea" Rides, Inc and plan to publicly boycott Chance Rides Inc by telling everyone to stay off all carnival rides manufactured by Chance "North Korea" Rides, Inc, including but not limited to the Zipper, the Century Wheel, the Yo-Yo, Pharaoh's Fury, and most others.

Worsening the situation, there are no designated "single riders" waiting areas or waiting seats for single riders to wait for a partner to ride with them, even for the Zipper. Clearly, Chance "North Korea" Rides, Inc's mission and top priority is total isolation and quarantine of all singles. Chance Rides, Inc is apparently based in Wichita, Kansas, but they act like they are based right in Pyongyang, North Korea, and as it appears, American carnivals are becoming literal "No Singles" zones.
Traveller, I think you are absolutely right!!!! Because as a single man myself I have also noticed that even vacation packages (a trip for two or four, contests, or sweepstakes deals often involve group or couples NOT SINGLES. Then in the workplace or in many big organizations such as some companies/government assignments single also seem to get the short end of the stick. In which they many have less opportunities for vacation time, work longer hours, less days off, or even job promotions. It seems to me Traveller, that American society and culture wants to "punish" singles (particularly MALE SINGLES) for if not following some so-called "unwritten rule" of not being in a relationship or marriage/having children. I hate America's GROUP THINK OR "HIVE MENTALITY" which starts back in the High School years and continues well into adulthood. Not to mention, single men in our ever paranoid society are viewed as "odd", possible "creeps", or "lone wolves". But yet ironically, the U.S. as Winston and others have stated is one of the hardest places to find true friends and a date/girlfriend/wife!!! You should, if you haven't already view on of Sandman's youtube.com MGTOW videos called, "SHAMING SINGLE MEN". I really think this boils down to MONEY in which how much tickets or products (vacations, sporting events, Houses, toys, clothes, etc.)can be sold at the best price for corporations!!!
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

traveller wrote:As if the loneliness of being single wasn't enough, it appears singles in America actually have fewer rights than Americans in relationships and/or who are part of a group. One place that the lack of rights for singles rears it's ugly head is the carnival. As of lately, more and more carnival rides are becoming off limits to singles. One particular ride, the Zipper, was an all time favorite of mine until the "No Single Riders" policy for that ride started getting enforced like it were Federal law straight from Washington, DC.

Traveller, I think you are absolutely right!!!! Because as a single man myself I have also noticed that even vacation packages (a trip for two or four, contests, or sweepstakes deals often involve group or couples NOT SINGLES. Then in the workplace or in many big organizations such as some companies/government assignments single also seem to get the short end of the stick. In which they many have less opportunities for vacation time, work longer hours, less days off, or even job promotions. It seems to me Traveller, that American society and culture wants to "punish" singles (particularly MALE SINGLES) for if not following some so-called "unwritten rule" of not being in a relationship or marriage/having children. I hate America's GROUP THINK OR "HIVE MENTALITY" which starts back in the High School years and continues well into adulthood. Not to mention, single men in our ever paranoid society are viewed as "odd", possible "creeps", or "lone wolves". But yet ironically, the U.S. as Winston and others have stated is one of the hardest places to find true friends and a date/girlfriend/wife!!! You should, if you haven't already view on of Sandman's youtube.com MGTOW videos called, "SHAMING SINGLE MEN". I really think this boils down to MONEY in which how much tickets or products (vacations, sporting events, Houses, toys, clothes, etc.)can be sold at the best price for corporations!!!
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »