Feminism/Prostitution Debate in Canada

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
MrMark1972
Freshman Poster

Feminism/Prostitution Debate in Canada

Post by MrMark1972 »

Not sure if this has been posted up already but here it is:
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/think-tank-pr ... 58735.html
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Re: Feminism/Prostitution Debate in Canada

Post by pete98146 »

I say legalize away! I'm also convinced that it's not only men that would participate in P4P if it were more readily available. My wife and I went to go see a jazz concert last weekend. Sitting right next to us was a 60 year old female attorney from Brooklyn. She said she's been all around the world a few times and you could tell she takes life by the horns and has fun. Sitting across from her was an African man who looked like he was in his early 30s. My guess is that he's a gigolo. They did not say two words to each other the entire night. But you know what? Good for her! She wants some companionship and attention, obviously has the funds to pay for it so why not?

If done correctly, the gov't could try to ensure that the human slavery aspect goes away all together. Sex workers would be forced to be registered and taxed but along with that, a case worker would ensure that the workers were doing this on a voluntary basis and not against their will. Safe havens would be provided if needed.

Now passing this is a different story altogether. Can you guys think of a more puritanical country in the world than the USA? Doubtful. So the chances of it ever succeeded are like a snowballs chance in hell. But again, odder things have happened. Ten years ago, who would have predicted a handful of States have legalized weed?
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

pete98146 wrote:I say legalize away! I'm also convinced that it's not only men that would participate in P4P if it were more readily available. My wife and I went to go see a jazz concert last weekend. Sitting right next to us was a 60 year old female attorney from Brooklyn. She said she's been all around the world a few times and you could tell she takes life by the horns and has fun. Sitting across from her was an African man who looked like he was in his early 30s. My guess is that he's a gigolo. They did not say two words to each other the entire night. But you know what? Good for her! She wants some companionship and attention, obviously has the funds to pay for it so why not?

If done correctly, the gov't could try to ensure that the human slavery aspect goes away all together. Sex workers would be forced to be registered and taxed but along with that, a case worker would ensure that the workers were doing this on a voluntary basis and not against their will. Safe havens would be provided if needed.

Now passing this is a different story altogether. Can you guys think of a more puritanical country in the world than the USA? Doubtful. So the chances of it ever succeeded are like a snowballs chance in hell. But again, odder things have happened. Ten years ago, who would have predicted a handful of States have legalized weed?

Puritans were much more tolerant than feminists in that regard. Puritans new England had a well established "pleasuring" business for a long time...it took modern American feminists to ban it.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Difficult to argue with you logic OW!