Time Warner commercial you will never have to settle

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
John
Freshman Poster

Time Warner commercial you will never have to settle

Post by John »

Hello,

Stumbled on this site and have been reading the articles and they are eye opening. I have felt also that women in America have been brainwashed with media and cultural changes and it is sad the direction it is going. I read an article on her talking about the differences between American and foreign women online dating profiles and I had noticed the same thing and it was validating to know others have noticed this.

I search this rant forum and did not see anything about the Time Warner commercial about "You will never have to settle". I think this is amazing how a big company would air such a thing.
I could not find a video of it on YouTube but I found a link on reddit with some guys talking about it.

The commercial is a regular guy and a regular girl living in a house and then it says that you don't have to settle for regular internet and then the camera pans in on the woman looking out the window at some hot guy washing his car and then it pans in on her husband and then it says again that you don't have to settle and then the wife has this smug look on her face, this is marriage and man bashing at its best.

My wife laughed and thought it was the funniest commercial, I should say my now ex wife! She is not my ex because of this but because she cheated and was defiantly spoilt, lazy, ran up high credit card bills on clothes, jewelry and shoes she never even wears and had entitlement attitude, she had lots of bad traits listed in the articles on here.

Have any of you seen this and if so what do you thing about it?

PS: There are some great article written on this site.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Re: Time Warner commercial you will never have to settle

Post by pete98146 »

Sad isn't it? If you watch the majority of tv shows or movies, it's very rare for the actors NOT to be living in a half million dollar house. It really paints an unrealistic and overly materialistic message that everybody should be able to afford this lifestyle. And it's the women who soak this image up like biscuits to gravy.

Now and then they'll film a movie in Seattle. They'll show a cop/detective living in a lake house home that only an executive would be able to afford. It's quite comical!!! But women don't understand this outrageousness and fall victim to the subconscious message that she should be living this lavish lifestyle.

The message is loud and clear! 1. Consumerism is good 2. Don't settle for a man who isn't rich. It's no wonder women these days are unwilling to "settle" on a man. They are being brainwashed on multiple levels of the media.

How do you break this vicious cycle? I married a foreign lady who REALLY understands the value of money!!! We'll go out shopping to an outlet mall looking for bargains. But make no mistake, we make the stores work for us not the other way around. So basically if I can't get a shirt/dress for $20-$30 range (must be high quality) via a fantastic sale, we don't buy. We've made window shopping a sport. People/friends tease us and say that we are frugal. Yes we are! But that's ok. We are doing our part to break this dangerous cycle/message.