Dianne is NOT a bar girl! Anyone who says that is BANNED!

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Re: Dianne is NOT a bar girl! Anyone who says that is BANNED

Post by GoingAwol »

Wait.... Let me get this straight...
So some of you guys are onboard with international dating but are against cold approaching? That doesn't make any sense..I thought the whole draw of this "happier abroad" stuff was the fact that women in other countries are friendlier and easier to talk to. So why would a guy fly around the world to go to another country and just approach women in bars/clubs? Personally I'm not interested in women that make it a habit to go to clubs... So why would that change if I went overseas? Plus you have to remember that when you are in a foreign country you probably don't have social connections so you would have to cold approach. I think some of you guys have a screw loose if you think its a good idea to go overseas to only approach women at clubs. But that's just my opinion...
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

I agree with Cornfed's concern, though I am also unsure what the alternatives are. If you don't have a network of friends in a foreign country and don't want to rely on matchmaking organizations then your only choice is to talk to women directly. This is the exact problem I faced when I last went to Mexico. I don't think it's ideal to talk to women directly, but if you're doing it with the courtship intentions then I think it's not as bad.
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

Cornfed,
So talking to women is "douchebaggery"? Again, I thought meeting women was the whole point of this movement. And I thought the fact that other countries have less effed up social dynamics was the incentive for men to spend money to go to these places. Why should I spend all of that money if I'm going to be limiting myself to women I meet at clubs or through social circles? How would that be any different than what I get here in the U.S? If these women view men who cold approach them as creeps how are they any more friendly than American women?
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

I just want to make something clear... I have nothing against the concept of meeting a woman through social connections. Having said that, I think depending on meeting a woman that way is stupid. Here's why.... Suppose I commit to meeting a woman through social connections. What if I don't meet women I like? What if I don't meet women that like me? Should I just suffer when there's a whole world full of women that I could be attracted to and compatible with? If your answer is yes you have the same line of thinking that makes that makes the American social and dating scene as messed up as it is.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

My understanding is that as a tourist you might be forgiven for cold approaching women in broad daylight but when I think about it i cant remember seeing local guys cold approaching random girls in big cities like bkk,saigon, jakkarta and other places ive been to.

Do russians in moscow or st petersburg just chat up random girls in the street or do they meet thru social circles, family,work etc?

Better quality women with some status are not going to be easy to pick up using this strategy, mostly girls with low status who got nothing to lose(online girls, poor, jobless, single mums) are open to complete strangers, plenty of those in filipines
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

It seemed like Winston was chatting up random Russian girls with success in his videos.
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

On the topic of meeting people through social circles... I think "depending" on social circles is the cowardly and loser way of meeting women. Now if you just happen to meet a woman that you like (and she likes you) through a social circle more power to you. But depending on that method to meet women is a different matter... A good example of this is my uncle... The man is currently in his 3rd marriage and all 3 have been a disaster. All 3 of these women have been low quality in looks,personality,and character. Wanna know what these 3 had in common? My uncle was introduced to all 3 via "friends". When my uncle was introduced to his first wife back in the late 70s he was fresh out of the navy and was good looking and fit. His wife? She was a fat cow.... But he met her the proper way (through social connections) and that's all that matters right? *sarcasm* The other two weren't any better either. So why should a man limit himself to such BS? Why should a man settle for what he could get through social connections? My uncle could have probably gotten higher quality (and hotter) women if he had the balls to take some initiative back then. I don't know about you guys but I don't want to do things the way my uncle did.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

Some of you guys have very weird deep-seated issues on avoiding "degeneracy" and doing things the "proper way" especially in terms of meeting women. Meet women through social circles? Are you niggas serious? Do you know that in order to get a social circle in the first place, especially in a foreign country, you need to be cold approaching and befriending women (and men). Kinda really contradicts the delusion of being against cold approaching. Look, I get it, cold approaching is a scary thing and many of you lack social skills and the charisma to pull it off from the start. That's why you guys are on this forum and not i-bang-sorority-chicks.com

But if you do this and fail at it in the beginning (because nothing worth doing isnt without failures) so you can learn from it and get better with practice, you guys will have a more lively and enjoyable happier abroad experience. Otherwise, what's the point? Aren't you getting away from the west to escape its antisocial and artificial culture so you know what it means to be a fulfilled man? Why bring that antisocial behavior with you? This is why a lot of people see expats as creepy sex tourist types, because its true to some extent. A lot of guys bring with them their deep insecurities, personality problems, and odd behaviors that they developed living in the west as a bottom of the barrel guy. The only problem is they never address those issues within themselves after going abroad.

And Cornfed why bother posting here? It seems like you have no interest in traveling.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

cornfed wrote:All the more reason to keep them that way instead of turning them into hateful paranoid sluts like their Western counterparts with PUA douchebaggery.
So it was PUA's who created the hateful paranoid sluts? You know it's not that simple.

GoingAwol wrote:Cornfed, So talking to women is "douchebaggery"?
These guys are too traumatized, and actually bought into the propaganda. Conforming and restricting themselves to bars/parties guarantees they'll be stuck with hideous skanks. But then again, that's now the only "appropriate" way in the west.

GoingAwol wrote:I think "depending" on social circles is the cowardly and loser way of meeting women.
Well not necessarily, it's not one-or-the-other. In some places it's the prevalent way and it actually may help find your way to possibly more introverted, homely girls, instead of bar skanks. The guy you descried having bad experiences with this was in the west and we know the quality of available women is, well..
The problem i have with social circles is that it takes too much time.
banano wrote:My understanding is that as a tourist you might be forgiven for cold approaching women in broad daylight but when I think about it i cant remember seeing local guys cold approaching random girls in big cities like bkk,saigon, jakkarta and other places ive been to.
Do russians in moscow or st petersburg just chat up random girls in the street or do they meet thru social circles, family,work etc?
yohan wrote:I would never approach a woman while studying in the same school with her, while working in the same company, while living next to her home etc. etc.
:roll:
i think we have to make a distinction between cold approaching, i.e. pretty much shoulder-tapping moving targets, to actually having normal conversations on what i described as "normal situations", did anyone read my post?
I would call the latter warm-approaching instead. I'm pretty sure plenty of Russian and Asian guys (and colombian, as i can see now) meet their women that way [slowly] at work, school or in their neighborhood, instead of retarded bars.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

What option does a foreign guy have to meet women once he arrives to different country?

1. Online(easiest and least traumatizing)
2. Tourist hotspots, bars,clubs
3. Cold approach random girls on the street and malls

When you arrive to a new place you dont have a social circle, noone knows you and you have to start somewhere
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 21st, 2020, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

Dragon,
You are still on the social skills thing? I suspect that "social skills" is an American concept to blame people who don't fit in for being rejected by society. I stand behind the belief that very few people have legitimate problems with socializing. It all comes down to whether or not people want to know you. Just look at Winston... He said that he was treated like garbage here in America but he seemed to be getting along with the Russian women in his videos. He was flirting,joking, and breaking the touch barrier and they seemed receptive.
The problem with people like Cornfed and others is they are acting like people in other countries are just as messed up as people here in the U.S when they aren't. Its not the individuals lack of "social skills'. It's the culture.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Terms like social skills, self improvement, game, self-confidence and other similar crap are american invention, im not even sure if these are even used in other languages, it would sound lame translating them.
Social skill, wtf, term absolutely stinks, implies we are born antisocial and thats something you need to learn, cavemen didnt have any social skills back in the day and it didnt stop them from socializing and getting laid. Its pathetic.

Can somebody tell us if these crap exists in other languages, russian,spanish,chinese etc.

I cant find any of these in my native language unless we got infected with self help virus in the past 10 years
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Banano wrote:Terms like social skills, self improvement, game, self-confidence and other similar crap are american invention, im not even sure if these are even used in other languages, it would sound lame translating them.
Social skill, wtf, term absolutely stinks, implies we are born antisocial and thats something you need to learn, cavemen didnt have any social skills back in the day and it didnt stop them from socializing and getting laid. Its pathetic.

Can somebody tell us if these crap exists in other languages, russian,spanish,chinese etc.

I cant find any of these in my native language unless we got infected with self help virus in the past 10 years
What is your native language?
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Banano wrote:Terms like social skills, self improvement, game, self-confidence and other similar crap are american invention, im not even sure if these are even used in other languages, it would sound lame translating them.

It doesn't in Indian of over 100 languages :D