Toxic social environment now present in churches

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Toxic social environment now present in churches

Post by fschmidt »

Western Christianity is simply rotten. There isn't anything about it worth discussing. Matt, I suggest you try Orthodox Christianity.

http://stjobla.org/
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

fschmidt wrote:Western Christianity is simply rotten. There isn't anything about it worth discussing. Matt, I suggest you try Orthodox Christianity.

http://stjobla.org/
I just found out there are two Orthodox Churches in El Paso.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

MattHanson1990 wrote:I just found out there are two Orthodox Churches in El Paso.
Yes, I attended the Greek Orthodox church here for over a year. But I am not Christian, so it isn't quite an ideal fit for me. This church changed as more Americans joined and the Europeans got older and attended less. So I left.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

fschmidt wrote:
MattHanson1990 wrote:I just found out there are two Orthodox Churches in El Paso.
Yes, I attended the Greek Orthodox church here for over a year. But I am not Christian, so it isn't quite an ideal fit for me. This church changed as more Americans joined and the Europeans got older and attended less. So I left.
Is the toxic social environment now present in that church?
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

MattHanson1990 wrote:Is the toxic social environment now present in that church?
It's a small church with no women your age. If I had to score the social environment of the church from 0 to 10 where America is 0 and Mexico is 4, I would score it 5.
Mercury
Junior Poster

Post by Mercury »

Even Jesus said clearly that not everyone who calls Him "Lord" will stay out of the Lake of Fire and go to Heaven. And you people are right; American Christianity is nothing but fake, all just a facade. Even in church, Americans don't interact with each other. Well, the guys do, but the women don't. During greeting periods, the guys are meeting one another, socializing, and getting to know each other. And what are the women doing? Playing on their smartphones and ignoring everything outside their virtual bubbles.

And I am surprised that more churches don't preach that anyone who gets divorced and marries someone else commits adultery, and that adulterers and adulteresses will be thrown into the Lake of Fire. Even street preachers never seem to preach that. All they ever preach is about where it says anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. Like, they don't want to preach the much bigger issue here, which is divorce and marrying someone else = adultery. And Matthew 5:32 goes especially for the gold digger women that divorce their husbands because he lost his job, his pay got cut, he could not afford that big, sleek, loud, souped up luxury sports car she wants or that sprawling luxury McMansion she wants, especially if it's built like the Tiger Woods or Graystone mansion, she divorced him because she met a much richer man or because her current husband is "too nice," she became involved in a gang and illegal drugs, she got drawn into the gangster life and decided she wanted a gang banger man. And the women that become involved in gangs have already sold their soul to Satan and one can about guarantee that they are the type that will be taking the mark of the Antichrist (the 666 mark aka the implantable RFID chip) during the 7 year tribulation period. And by the way, Jesus even said that, in general, it will be easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich multi millionaire with big luxury mansions and expensive souped up sports cars to enter Heaven.

Extremely few people in America, mostly men, will be making it into Heaven.