Why do ALL of my friends have jobs and I don't??

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
lozoman
Freshman Poster

Why do ALL of my friends have jobs and I don't??

Post by lozoman »

It seems as if ALL of my friends and acquaintances have jobs, but I can't get one to save my live. I even know a couple of guys who complian about having too many hours! Getting jobs seems to come so easy to them. They just have to undergo a few interviews and they get well paying jobs. I even have a friend who has two bartending jobs! I sign hundreds of applications and undergo many interviews and can't get anything. The last job I had was at a fast food restaurant, and I only had it for three weeks before I got laid off. Why is it so easy for everyone else to get employed, but impossible for me? I thought that with today's recession, it was supposed to be difficult for everyone to get a job.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 29th, 2020, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lozoman
Freshman Poster

Re: Why do ALL of my friends have jobs and I don't??

Post by lozoman »

Nice bit of info, but it doesn't really answer my question.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

lozoman wrote:Nice bit of info, but it doesn't really answer my question.

What part of the USA do you live in? Move to a "red" state...you prospects will usually improve.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

OutWest wrote:

What part of the USA do you live in? Move to a "red" state...you prospects will usually improve.
You mean where the oil bubble was created and will now be entering a recession?
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
OutWest wrote:

You mean where the oil bubble was created and will now be entering a recession?
Just look up what state economies are doing best...it is in black and white. The point was for him to look at a state with a better economy. If you can point to a blue state that is doing well, then he could consider going there. Is idiotic sarcasm something you learned at church ?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 29th, 2020, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lozoman
Freshman Poster

Post by lozoman »

I live in San Francisco. But like I've already mentioned, why do all my friends and acquaintances have several good paying jobs and I can't get and I get anything?
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

lozoman wrote:I live in San Francisco. But like I've already mentioned, why do all my friends and acquaintances have several good paying jobs and I can't get and I get anything?
Some of your friends may be able to give you a heads up when a job is available at their company. In addition, using one of them as a personal reference when applying at the same company is likely a good idea.

What do YOU think is holding you back?
Tell your friends to give you honest feedback...do you have some appearance or personality issue that is hindering you? You state clearly that you can see there are jobs to be had, but you are not getting one of them.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

lozoman wrote:I live in San Francisco. But like I've already mentioned, why do all my friends and acquaintances have several good paying jobs and I can't get and I get anything?
job - a paid position of regular employment

f**k jobs. I haven't had a job in over 25 years. Work for yourself. Would you rather flip burgers for minimum wage or do your own thing for 5X the money?

I could tell you how to make a smooth, easy $200 per day (more if you hustle) by making your own work. You can start it with about $100 worth of tools and materials. I am very skeptical that you would actually do it, though. It requires a bit of work and it requires you to get face to face and sell your service. In other words, it requires action and initiative.

If someone wants to know how to do it, ask me and I will post it in this thread. If you don't ask, I won't give you the information. If I do give the information I only request that if anyone who actually does this, that they post their experiences in this thread after 1 week (40 hours) of work.

My prediction: Someone will ask, but nobody will DO it. Because the few HA members who actually do things are either busy with their own work or don't need the money. Meanwhile. Two new threads will be posted every week by little bitches whining that they can't get a job.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Devil Dog wrote:
job - a paid position of regular employment

f**k jobs. I haven't had a job in over 25 years. Work for yourself. Would you rather flip burgers for minimum wage or do your own thing for 5X the money?

I could tell you how to make a smooth, easy $200 per day (more if you hustle) by making your own work. You can start it with about $100 worth of tools and materials. I am very skeptical that you would actually do it, though. It requires a bit of work and it requires you to get face to face and sell your service. In other words, it requires action and initiative.

If someone wants to know how to do it, ask me and I will post it in this thread. If you don't ask, I won't give you the information. If I do give the information I only request that if anyone who actually does this, that they post their experiences in this thread after 1 week (40 hours) of work.

My prediction: Someone will ask, but nobody will DO it. Because the few HA members who actually do things are either busy with their own work or don't need the money. Meanwhile. Two new threads will be posted every week by little bitches whining that they can't get a job.
is it online work or offline?
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

Offline.

99.99% of everything which happens in the world is offline.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Devil Dog wrote:Offline.

99.99% of everything which happens in the world is offline.
Ok. I only deal with online.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

lozoman wrote:It seems as if ALL of my friends and acquaintances have jobs, but I can't get one to save my live. I even know a couple of guys who complian about having too many hours! Getting jobs seems to come so easy to them. They just have to undergo a few interviews and they get well paying jobs. I even have a friend who has two bartending jobs! I sign hundreds of applications and undergo many interviews and can't get anything. The last job I had was at a fast food restaurant, and I only had it for three weeks before I got laid off. Why is it so easy for everyone else to get employed, but impossible for me? I thought that with today's recession, it was supposed to be difficult for everyone to get a job.
Obviously it is impossible to say from your post. Perhaps you have been unlucky. Perhaps your friends have family connections that help them. Perhaps they have background or are part of some demographic that is in demand in your area at this point. Much like sexual access to Western skanks, it can be a seemingly trivial difference that lies between guaranteed employment and guaranteed unemployment in this day and age.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

OutWest wrote:What do YOU think is holding you back?
Tell your friends to give you honest feedback...do you have some appearance or personality issue that is hindering you?
This is OK advice, but he should take the feedback with a grain of salt. The trouble is that people, particularly when they can easily get jobs, seem to want to overlay what is a simple existential issue of whether there are jobs available for a given person with a layer of magical thinking. There seems to be a tendency to want to attribute employment provision to a kind of Saint Peter type figure judging the worthy at the gates of paradise, and believe if an individual becomes morally worthy of having a job, God will immediately magic one up for him. This is not in fact the case. The corollary of this is of course that anyone who doesn't have a job has some perhaps undefined but no doubt hideous disorder. To back up their fantastical belief, adherents will often seek to pathologize any trait the unemployed person may have. Although we should not be afraid to examine our own shortcomings, we should also not be afraid to face up to the many shortcomings of the current economic system.