I am more afraid of Americans than I am of ISIS.

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

I am more afraid of Americans than I am of ISIS.

Post by Temprano26 »

I am not afraid of ISIS because they are way the hell over in Iraq and all intelligence reports say they are not a threat to the homeland. I am more afraid of an American with mental illness owning a gun that can kill 30 people in one minute. And I am more afraid of police officers gunning down unarmed civilians, mostly black unarmed civilians. Americans are not safe from each other from what the past few years have taught us.

Despite Republican fear-mongering about brown people in the Middle East or on the border, I am more afraid of crazy scared white people with guns no matter how much a part of the Anglo-sphere I am.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

The US media is going all out to convince Americans that a few thugs in the desert are a threat to the biggest empire on earth with enough nuclear weapons to kill everyone ten times over. It amazes me that they can get away with this. Especially, considering the extensive documentation of the weapons of mass destruction lie that preceded the last war. But Americans have been tricked into war every single time since World War I. The fact is that empires depend on wars for their survival.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: I am more afraid of Americans than I am of ISIS.

Post by OutWest »

Temprano26 wrote:I am not afraid of ISIS because they are way the hell over in Iraq and all intelligence reports say they are not a threat to the homeland. I am more afraid of an American with mental illness owning a gun that can kill 30 people in one minute. And I am more afraid of police officers gunning down unarmed civilians, mostly black unarmed civilians. Americans are not safe from each other from what the past few years have taught us.

Despite Republican fear-mongering about brown people in the Middle East or on the border, I am more afraid of crazy scared white people with guns no matter how much a part of the Anglo-sphere I am.
Well of course, if you are in the USA, there is not much danger from ISIS at the moment.
The highest murder rate by far is suffered by black people. The death by murder rate for blacks is about 800% that of whites. However, you do not need to fear whiteys with guns. You need to fear black men with guns if you are black. 91% of murders among blacks are committed by blacks. The majority of the remaining are committed by Latinos on blacks, and a very small percentage are committed by whites on blacks.
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

Post by Temprano26 »

I am a white guy actually. Bullets don't have names on them nor are they prejudiced against skin color.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Temprano26 wrote:I am a white guy actually. Bullets don't have names on them nor are they prejudiced against skin color.
Dont be absurd. The danger is not from random shots. And yes, they are directed at skin color, specifically against other blacks. In the time since the killing of Brown in Missouri, hundreds of other black men have been killed, but it was not news because it was other black men killing other black men.
When a white dude does the killing its news. When its a half-dozen dead black men, it's just another weekend in Chicago. Murder is tolerated in America when it lacks entertainment value.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Temprano26 wrote:I am not afraid of ISIS because they are way the hell over in Iraq and all intelligence reports say they are not a threat to the homeland. I am more afraid of an American with mental illness owning a gun ...
I am more afraid of crazy scared white people with guns
In USA there are only few Muslims, less than 3 percent of the population.

Islam is not much supported within the entire American continent, regardless if you are in USA or in Brazil.

-----

In USA most people are white, maybe 75 or 80 percent? About 3 out of 4 are white.

This proportion makes it clear that the majority of policemen is white, too.

This proportion makes it clear that the majority of crazy people with a gun is white too.

Wherever you go in USA or overseas, you will see that the majority of US-people you meet are - in general - white.

What's the problem with that?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Well, attacking Syria is another monumental foreign policy blunder in American history. You can bet this will cause more resentment in the Muslim world, and that another 9/11 event will occur in the near future.

Why didn't Obama listen to Sen. Alan Gryason's plan of having Muslim countries fight ISIS--without U.S. involvement? That also a foreign policy plan that's endorsed by Ron Paul as well. Sadly, Rand Paul has gone total Neo-Con on this issue, so I will not be supporting him in 2016.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

I agree. Rand Paul is changing his positions to be compatible with the establishment. In order to get elected, he will become indistinguishable from everyone else. It shows that democracy doesn't work. I will never vote in another US election.
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

Post by Temprano26 »

Yohan wrote:
Temprano26 wrote:I am not afraid of ISIS because they are way the hell over in Iraq and all intelligence reports say they are not a threat to the homeland. I am more afraid of an American with mental illness owning a gun ...
I am more afraid of crazy scared white people with guns
In USA there are only few Muslims, less than 3 percent of the population.

Islam is not much supported within the entire American continent, regardless if you are in USA or in Brazil.

-----

In USA most people are white, maybe 75 or 80 percent? About 3 out of 4 are white.

This proportion makes it clear that the majority of policemen is white, too.

This proportion makes it clear that the majority of crazy people with a gun is white too.

Wherever you go in USA or overseas, you will see that the majority of US-people you meet are - in general - white.

What's the problem with that?
What I was saying is based on news reports, it is Americans with guns that kill people and that is a greater danger because I have to live with Americans for better or worse. I don't have to worry about ISIS swimming over here and taking over the country.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 24th, 2020, 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

Post by Temprano26 »

But let us not forget it was a conservative President that started the Iraq war 11 years ago and it is conservative politicians that keep fear mongering to get us back into another war. And right now it is liberals writing articles about how stupid it would be to go to war with ISIS.

But I don't judge people by their political ideas so let us not get into a clash. I am liberal but I also view Americans as fear-driven. Fear of strangers and fear of something way out on another continent.
Luc Furr
Freshman Poster

Post by Luc Furr »

temperano,

shouldn't lose any sleep over guns. poison, disease or a massive earthquake is how they kill (depending on how many they want dead).
Nightngale
Freshman Poster

Post by Nightngale »

I'd have to agree, right now ISIS possess little threat to the U.S. It's our mess though politicians are so sloppy. Who funds a rebel organization with out understanding their ideology? Congress.
That being said, armed americans scare the f**k out of me especially those conservative, rifle touting, bible thumpers, and white cops.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Fox news has been going all out trying to promote another war in the middle east and criticizing Obama for not being hawkish enough. Fox News is pure propaganda masquerading as news. It's disgusting.