Do you think small town America is any better?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
matthewcoury
Freshman Poster

Post by matthewcoury »

we have this cookout today in our gated community and i dont even wanna go cause they expect everyone to wear name tags like people cant even introduce themselves..what the hell??? like we're a bunch of first graders or something...its just insulting and goes to show the corporate nature of american society and social environments even in our own neighborhoods......theyre a bunch of nazis anyway where a bunch of the women have all these rules written up what you can and cant do in your own house and on your own property....even my mom cant stand it
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

jtest28 wrote:Dallas used to be awesome back in the early 90s. I lived there also in the mid-80s once too, visited there freqeuntly in 2001, and it still was kick-a**. Girls walking up to me giving me their phone numbers and such. Then in 2006 I went back there again because I had a delivery there and was like WTF happened to these people?!!!

I travel for a living and if you want my advice, move to Hot Springs, Arkansas. Seriously. For what ever reason, that place still has at least the 90s vibe to it and its also low on crime and the girls there are always nice. Its also not built like your typical city, more like a giant "village community" maybe that helps, I dunno, but I, for one, am moving to greener pastures for sure soon. Small towns in America are depressing as all hell now days. I'm living in one now. Actually, I think their days ended way back in like 1990. But its always possible to move to a small town that's very close to a city. They usually have the best of both worlds and because the city is close, the people don't get bored out of their minds and cook meth like they do in small towns. argh

San Antonio, eh? That's where I was born. Last time I lived there was 97', on the NW side, near Leon Valley. People there are freakishly clikish though. Where as, I am not, so I didn't fit in at all. Girls were also among the worst I;ve ever seen and were even bad in the 80s. (at least when compared to Arkansas in the 80s)
I was on an assignment in Joplin, Missouri and ironically, the people were very nice there EXCEPT the two redneck nerds whom were my superiors...and you know the rest....
I bet that Hot Springs, AR was kinda like Joplin in the friendliness category.

In any event/moving on, you were on the gringo side of SATX alas the weird experience you had. The southside (SW/S/SE)....is like being in Mexican province/department of land: hardly anything in English.....no signs..no language as such....all Mexi-Spanish. The most American word you'd see as a sign is "washeteria" (laundry mat in Ameri-Spanish/Spanglish) lol The Mexican sections of San Antonio reminds me of the SW side of Chicago...exact replica. There are more Mexicans in Chicago than in San Antonio; I kid you not.

I know about Lawton, Okla., and that place is imminently-doomed. The majority of the youth there cooking up meth, sour diesel weed, bath salts you name it.....breaking into peoples' homes and s.hit....yup that throwed-off type of s.hit.