Vanity and Spending In America

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
DanielleNguyen
Freshman Poster

Vanity and Spending In America

Post by DanielleNguyen »

I am someone who gets my clothes on ebay. Am I ashamed of it? Nope. I mean I can get 40 baby outfits for my son for 18 bucks and they'really name brand. However, my husband thinks this is rare on AW. Apparently, so do my friends. This is my american challenge number 2.
So my husband gave me $300 to spend at the mall. Guess what I didn't buy anything. That isn't shopping it's robbery. $120 for a skirt I mean wtf.
However, as I watched I saw some people, couples, parents, spending around $400 on one outfit. I mean imagine how many diapers, formula, you could buy. I mean that is a washer payment. And as I watched, I even saw women that just put their stuff on the counter look at their partner and be like pay for this ok.
I mean I ask my husband before I buy anything? I ask hey baby could I get this? And more importantly if he let's me get something I say thankyou.
Nothing I ever got for myself has been more than $100. And that's not on one item, that's on a couple pairs of maternity pants.
I also see not many American women love small gestures anymore. We actually as we went In the park saw a proposal.He had no ring and she laughed at him.
When my husband and I first got married, I had no ring at the I do. No dress, no cake, just him and my favorite cousin. When he did get me a ring it was a $5 ring at walmart. We upgraded to a $80 one after my finger turned colors.
However, as I watched women, they expect $5000 wedding bands. Am I the only only need like why does it matter? Shouldn't being with the man you love be all that matters?
Now back to the vanity, a lot of moms on the military base we live on even have name brand diaper bags. My diaper bag $20 compared to their $150. It seems lots of American women go fir name brands.
It's all for show.
Nine times out of ten it's the guY who pays. Don't any of the AW feel guilty. I mean I see these guys pay and I can see this look of worry and disappointment on their face? I'm like do you not care?[/u]

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

You are very good..Thanks for sharing
DanielleNguyen
Freshman Poster

Post by DanielleNguyen »

Wow my auto correct made my page have lots of spelling errors,
MrMark1972
Freshman Poster

Post by MrMark1972 »

Thanks for bringing up some great points about the reality of where we live.Funny how I was thinking about all this stuff over the last couple of days,and that is due to the fact that my ex-wife's 30yo son(we are still good friends) told me that to get girls nowadays I need to upgrade my watch to a Rolex and buy Armani brand jeans and be prepared to spend on average $500 for a date night...I smiled and politely agreed,meanwhile I'm still focused on leaving this part of the world. :D
bladed11
Freshman Poster

Post by bladed11 »

These American gold diggers have the balls to say where did all the real men go? Everything is all about them they are soulless selfish abominations. Only fit for the depths of abyss after their worthless life here.
DanielleNguyen
Freshman Poster

Post by DanielleNguyen »

I've met a few. However I couldn't name a name brand clothing for the life of me. I don't get buying overpriced things at the mall. If I see something I like which is a very huge if I look for it on ebay.