Why does NO ONE else advocate leaving America except us?!

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Robert77
Freshman Poster

Post by Robert77 »

A swiss guy told me once... the reason Europeans and Americans are at odds, its because we're thinkers, and Americans are consumers

with that said, the average americans know too little, cares too little, understands too little, most know no other places outside the US and the little they know it's mostly stereotypes formed by hollywood....
World traveler, questions about women from a certain country? Ask!!! I can help
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Winston wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
Winston wrote: Well I don't think I will use OverseasRadio because they want $200 a month to do a show on their network. Do most podcast hosts have to pay fees like that?

Why can't I just record podcasts on Skype using a recording program?

What is the URL to the Progressive Radio Network?

Have you done any podcasts yet? If so, can I see the link to them?
I have recorded one podcast and it was a conversation with Steve of Global Dating Solutions. Not that I don't like it, I just haven't done any others since and the previous idea to do some other interviews has fallen flat. So I am going to have to come up with content myself. That shouldn't be hard but I need to get organized.

Right now I have switched focus to Mobile DJ since that will generate money immediately.
Oh you did a podcast with Steve Neese? Cool. Can you send me the file? I will be glad to post it on our podcast page if you do.

Do you think it's worth it to pay $200 for a podcast show on OverseasRadio.com? How is that any better than recording it yourself with software?

Btw, I listened to some of Blake Sawyer's podcasts, whom you recommended. I also emailed with him. The thing is, he claims to have 10,000 listeners and clients. Yet his website has a very low Alexa ranking in the 4 million range, which means he gets very little traffic on his site, about 20 hits a day maybe. Also, OverseasRadio does not get that much traffic either. Its Alexa ranking is over a million, which means it gets some steady traffic, but not a lot.

So I don't see how Sawyer could have 10,000 listeners and clients. Exaggerating numbers seems to be a part of the Western male's personality.

Also, he makes some good points in his podcasts, but he beats around the bush a lot. He takes a long time to make one point. He's not concise. It seems he likes to hear himself talk. A lot of western guys are like that. Did you notice that?
I would have to re-listen to him, I don't remember.

Self-Hosting makes more sense, it cost less but more work needs to be done. Alexa is a poor measurement of how many listeners podcasters have. The best way to measure is how many downloads he gets per episode via RSS feed or iTunes downloads.

I don't mind you posting my podcast but not just yet, I want to get some more in the can.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Robert77 wrote:A swiss guy told me once... the reason Europeans and Americans are at odds, its because we're thinkers, and Americans are consumers

with that said, the average americans know too little, cares too little, understands too little, most know no other places outside the US and the little they know it's mostly stereotypes formed by hollywood....
Americans love to talk about things they have no idea about and generally don't give a sh*t about either, amazing.... The GDP generated by EU countries are ahead of 48 of the 50 States; some of which have larger overall populations...

That higher GDP allows for a higher standard of living; with the Swiss and Scandinavians being on top.
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

And how many of you who do advocate leaving America have renounced your American citizenship and permanently moved abroad? I have a lot of respect for anyone who is willing to put their money where their mouth is and do just that.

I have just returned from a two week trip to Bolivia and Panama and from what I've seen there haven't convinced me renounce my U.S. citizenship and move permanently there.

(By the way, I found many of the trip reports, anectdotal stories and info posted about Bolivia and Panama to be quite helpful and useful. Thanks.)
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Halwick wrote:And how many of you who do advocate leaving America have renounced your American citizenship and permanently moved abroad? I have a lot of respect for anyone who is willing to put their money where their mouth is and do just that.

I have just returned from a two week trip to Bolivia and Panama and from what I've seen there haven't convinced me renounce my U.S. citizenship and move permanently there.

(By the way, I found many of the trip reports, anectdotal stories and info posted about Bolivia and Panama to be quite helpful and useful. Thanks.)
Some people love the USA and other's don't. Why do you care so much about the people who hate it here? You sound like a blue-pill, America #1 type.

That's fine if you think that way, but don't be deluded into thinking the U.S. is such an awesome country compared to the rest of the world. And, besides, you probably haven't heard stories of people (Tina Turner (Switzerland) Eduardo Saverin (Singapore), James Cameron (New Zealand)) and many other's, who HAVE renounced their U.S. citizenship already.

U.S. Citizens Renouncing Skyrocket---The Tina Turner Effect
http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/ ... er-effect/

I know expats in Asia (and some in Europe and Latin America) who have done the same--renounce their European or American citizenship--to live permanently in Asia. You probably haven't met many, that's why you question whether they exist or not. Trust me, they're plenty of ex-Americans around all over the world.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Halwick: I'm glad to see you back on this forum, but we'll never agree about the USA. Haha... You're one of the few (along with Ladislav, Pete and a few others) who feel that way. ...

There are many videos, articles and blog-posts of people sick-and-tired-of America:

Here are just some (google for yourself, if you want to see many others):

Tax Man Makes it Hard to be American
http://www.foxbusiness.com/government/2 ... -american/

Tina Turner formally ‘relinquishes’ U.S. citizenship (Read the comments section to see how many Americans have become "anti-American," and expressing wishes to leave the country)
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/in- ... tizenship/

There are so many YouTube videos on this particular subject, there's too many to list...

Escape the USA now: 7 new safe havens

Leave America Now (has over 700,000 views)

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Question:

How come Martin Luther King or Malcolm X didn't tell black people in America to get out of the country and go abroad rather than fight for civil rights in America? Didn't they know that in Europe, black people are happier and treated better? Even during the American Revolution, the British treated black slaves better than the Americans did.

Again, everyone seems to assume the following:

- All problems in America must be solved within America, never without.
- America represents the world, therefore everything in America is the same everywhere else.

These assumptions are obviously false and easy to debunk. But everyone assumes it like some kind of religion. It's really weird. Why is everyone so ignorant?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Zboy,
There aren't that many videos on YouTube telling people to get out of America. I only found about 5. Your first video above from Nomad Capitalist totally sucked. That guy was boring as hell. He had a dull voice with no charisma. Even I am a way better speaker than that dude. He didn't even say anything useful. He just kept beating around the bush for a long time. I hate people like that. They waste everyone's time when they beat around the bush like that. Why don't they just get right to the point? What were those event organizers thinking when they put him on stage? Sheesh.

The second video was much better though. The guy gave many of the same reasons to go abroad as we do, except he never talks about international dating or foreign women. It's weird how no one out there combines international dating and expat living together except us.

Does anyone know who is talking in that second video? He has a lot of good knowledge and I would like to contact him to do a podcast together.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Winston, I don't know the name of the person who did the second video...

Here's another video:

The Resident: Time to get the hell out of the US

Winston, there's many more videos/articles/blogs advocating leaving the U.S./Anglo world. You just have to search harder.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

H.A. was one of the first websites that i'm aware of that combined "red pill" type thought with living abroad.

Roosh's forum is heavy on traveling and living abroad though. I'd say a good 80% of the posters there are big time advocates of living abroad indefinitely. It's almost a given. His forum and the travel section is better than this one for sure.

Winston, the "credibility" gap people talk about is the fact that you don't really travel abroad anymore. You sit home at Las Vegas and complain. I don't see why you don't travel to Mexico at least.

America's tax system is basically one big ponzi scheme. It's really not in America's best interests for its citizens to live abroad. If a substantial percent did this then the system would literally collapse. You already see them panicking because billionaires and corporations are domiciling elsewhere. With the addition of normal citizens doing this it will turn things to shit really quick.

I'd say for those of us living abroad it's also not in our best interests to see more Americans travelling or living abroad. The ones I run into are already mostly total shitheads. So imagine how much worse it would be with crowds of Americans abroad.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 27th, 2020, 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Post by sushiman »

Halwick wrote:And how many of you who do advocate leaving America have renounced your American citizenship and permanently moved abroad? I have a lot of respect for anyone who is willing to put their money where their mouth is and do just that.
I don't understand all this talk of "advocating", I didn't advocate anything, I just left! Never coming back either. :)

There is no purpose in renouncing citizenship until there is some reason to do so. I don't pay taxes to the USA, and have no reason to renounce. Once there is reason for me to ditch citizenship, then I will do so. For now it works for me. Play your cards smart.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Repatriate wrote:America's tax system is basically one big ponzi scheme. It's really not in America's best interests for its citizens to live abroad. If a substantial percent did this then the system would literally collapse. You already see them panicking because billionaires and corporations are domiciling elsewhere. With the addition of normal citizens doing this it will turn things to shit really quick.
I'm surprised the $90K exemption still exists, I don't think it will last much longer though.
And how many of you who do advocate leaving America have renounced your American citizenship and permanently moved abroad? I have a lot of respect for anyone who is willing to put their money where their mouth is and do just that.
The American concept in itself is about looking for the most freedom for oneself, so trying to 'call out' people in this respect is kind of contradictory. Some folks still can't differentiate between America, and the American Guvment.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

eurobrat wrote:
Jester, are you ...wearing a straw hat and nice tan, drinking a tecate with lime and a guacamole stain on your shirt :lol:
Shit did I put the camera on when we were skyping?
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Because renouncing makes sense for some and not for others. On top of the US recently increasing the fee to renounce. For me and for most people it's not worth it because for one thing the US diplomatic network is very strong; where lots of countries can't get you out of a jam, the US can depending on what it is of course.

If your in Gaza that's your ass but almost any other reason to be falsely charged with a crime or whatever the US can pull more strings or play hard ball with officials.

Panama is one of the worse Gringoized expat destinations there is. Some would say Costa Rica is worse because the anti-Gringo or Ugly American sentiment has come up to the surface and is easily seen. Since the US controls Panamanian politics, that front is okay, but Gringos have increased the price of real estate dramatically, where the only affordable housing is out in the boonies...

Also Bolivia is not high on the expat list either. That said one recommend place was Sucre, Bolivia which is a UNSECO site.

Central America is highly recommended because it hasn't been completely invaded by Gringos who still think it's dangerous.

I am going to Brazil because the upsides outweigh the downsides, especially if you purposely locate yourself in middle class and higher cities off the Gringo Radar.