American Diet 101

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
DanielleNguyen
Freshman Poster

American Diet 101

Post by DanielleNguyen »

First off D.I.E.T. to most Americans means Did I eat that.
I mean most of the gym teachers are fat too. My mother in law (Vietnamese) is always drilling me to eat healthy and more vegetables. Especially since becoming pregnant.
I mean I won't lie when I say people my build make up the minority. I hear a lot of people up here blame it on the food. Well this has so many calories and all. I eat fast food maybe three times a week but I also go on a four hour walk with my husband on the weekends. I am 4 months pregnant and only 128lbs. I have had comments of last time I was your size I was a teenager.

I hate to tell you this fellow Americans but fast food every day is unhealthy. Cook something for a change and I don't mean convenience meals or instant mashed potatoes. That is not a meal. If you think it is well compared to you, then I am chef Gordan Ramsey. I bet 9 out of ten don't know who that is.

Seriously people cook from scratch. I don't want to hear I don't have time. I watch three disabled kids, carry around my one year old, clean house, and cook everything from scratch. If I can do it you can do it.

I mean look around you for a second. Do you see some of the Convenient foods out there.

Odd Convenient foods

Jimmy Deans Pancake and Sausage on a stick

Sonic (drive in restaurant) chocolate and bacon milkshake

so people fellow Americans get out there and exercise. You are making our country look unsexy.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

buddy77
Freshman Poster

You should look into

Post by buddy77 »

High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFC)
just about every type of foods in America is loaded with it. Its already proven to cause obesity.

Yet we get megadoses of this stuff because its in practically everything: breads, sodas, orange juice, bbq sauce, yogurt, ketchup, breakfast cereal, pancakes. The list is huge and you can just look at the ingredients next time you go to the supermarket.

It doesnt mean that sugar is healthier, but sugar is less damaging than HFC.
mattyman
Junior Poster

Post by mattyman »

"High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFC)
just about every type of foods in America is loaded with it. Its already proven to cause obesity."

One of the highest GI indexes of anything in the world. Doesn't the states also have one of the highest prevalences of type 2 diabetes too?
DanielleNguyen
Freshman Poster

Post by DanielleNguyen »

yeah they had commercials about it being just from corn and perfectly safe. I usually myself go for organic foods and baby foods for my son