Another rant on Vancouver

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Another rant on Vancouver

Post by Bao3niang »

Top Reasons Why Vancouver Is A Crappy Place:

1. It rains too much, especially during the winter months, leaving behind a shivering cold.

2. It is very difficult to get around if you don't know how to drive or simply don't like automobiles. That's why getting a driver's license is one of the top priorities for newcomers to the city.

3. Buying food and drinks at movies theaters requires coupons, whereas you can buy directly using cash in China. Less movies to choose from. Pre-show advertisements are twice as long compared to Beijing's cinemas.

4. Since the city lacks history and culture, there is hardly anything to see except for Staney Park, Chinatown (which many cities in the world have one), and a few old buildings that are insignificant and dull.

5. The cost of living is much higher than Asia, South America, much of America, and even parts of Europe (ex: Spain and Portugal).

6. Very little interaction between different ethnicities. Each ethnic group has their own zone of activity, and are largely confined within boundaries.

7. Extremely annoying to walk on areas with grass because there's a high possibility that you will step in dog poo.

8. Like the rest of Canada, taxes are not included in price tags. Every time you buy something the shopkeeper says "It's ...... PLUS TAX", which gets irritating. Not to mention that along with a national tax (HST), each province in Canada also has its own rates of provincial tax (PST).

9. The society is extremely closed and cliquish. I find it hard to say "hi", while in China I know pretty much everyone around my block. I get treated like a star at Cava Coffee and Ole Bar (which are both on my block).

10. Vancouver is certainly not a place for young singles, nor is any place in the Anglo Five. It's so hard to even approach anyone, let alone date. I don't find the women in Vancouver to be attractive, including Asian women. Once they set foot on Anglo soil they lose their original qualities, both physical and inner. Asian women in Asia are a lot more beautiful and authentic. I can tell the difference between a Westernized Asian face and an authentic one.

11. I don't know how to describe it, but buildings in downtown Vancouver just seem so cramped together in such a small place, while there's much less people. Beijing is also cramped by its population is also much larger. Every time when I pass through that area I feel strange, whereas I'm a lot more used to bustling downtown Beijing. I guess its the square density to population ratio that's out of balance.

In Summary:
-Crappy weather
-Reliance on automobiles
-Crappy cinemas
-Lack of history and culture
-Expensive to live in
-Closed society
-Crappy women
-Crappy taxation system (blame Canada)
-Annoying to walk on lawns
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Canexus in North Vancouver was one of my clients back in 2009-2010. IMO having the plant so close to downtown Vancouver, and shipping the chemicals by rail through it, is not a good idea.
Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Post by Jeremy »

I've been all over North America, and the women in other cities are just as cliquish and uptight about talking to male strangers. This behavior isn't exclusive to Vancouver.

The living costs are especially bad though. Most guys here my age (mid to late 20's) are still living with their parents. Of course most girls here move out at 18, because the world is their oyster.

At least prostitution is legal and cheaper than in the states. There's a pretty popular agency I might start using that only charges $180/hour. And the girls are all 19-25 tops and hot.
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

Why don't you fix your situation?

Because there isn't anything you can do about the women or the city itself.

Either make more money or go overseas.

It's simple.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer