America is only good to you if you have a solid career.

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

@aozora13

Yes, though it isn't looking good, I wont get to return for quite some time, I've been unemployed for a while now, it's getting to me a little.

A few of the guys here are helping me out as best they can, I'll be trying to save up every penny once I find work.

China has been getting more and more negative posts from guys here, I've been chatting with Vietnamese girls lately making me wonder if that isn't a better country to look in to.

My dream was always Japan, but realistically that isn't happening without a degree so that isn't in the cards.
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

Post by Temprano26 »

That was more to my original point, magnum. Doesn't America treat you like shit when you are unemployed and struggling to get a job?

You spend all your time filling out job applications only to be rejected and then people who are lucky enough to have jobs cop a self-righteous attitude like they are morally superior.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Hero wrote:I feel exactly the same way. I'd be real motivated if my reward was the opportunity to date beautiful young women. But even guys who make double my salary end up with fat, lazy, tattooed old whores. What the hell are these guys working so hard for?
Isn't that sad, even some guys who are rich end up with fat, tattooed unattractive women! :shock:

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Re: America is only good to you if you have a solid career.

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Temprano26 wrote:Or if you were born with deep pockets of cash but that is only a privileged few of us.

A little over a year ago, I started going to class for massage therapy and I completed that in December, only having clinic hours and the state test to get my massage license. The past two weekends I have had clients rebooking because I am really good at using my elbow to work out knots in their backs.
My strong hands have made me popular among clientele and that is because I have found a good career path. In that regard I have had more opportunities than quite a lot of people out there who are still struggling to make something of their lives.

Part of being successful is realizing that you are luckier than others and not just smarter and more talented. There are a lot of smart, talented, hard-working people in Haiti that can't move up the economic ladder because they have lesser resources than we do. My problem with Americans is they become successful and it makes them smug assholes. Before I started going to school for massage therapy, I could not get a job even working in fast food. I sent out so many online applications and the only phone calls I got were from scam artists. Even when I talked to employers face to face, they just said they don't hire anyone without experience not giving a shit that we can't get experience if we don't get hired. I worked at Quizno's and they fired me after three days because the manager was angry about business being too slow. That didn't get to me as much as the fact I couldn't rebound from it because I can't use three days at Quizno's on a damn job application. But of course the people that have good careers were always judging me as some unmotivated freeloader that expects everything to be handed to me which is the complete opposite of reality. Now that I am on the way to a good career in massage therapy I can prove to those smug assholes how hard I can work but I damn sure won't become like them.
I know about massage myself as I'm an athlete and had regularly used the service myself. I have contacts with world class coaches who promote the benefit of massage work and that's how I found out about it. If I were you I would look into the work of Waldemar Matuszewski. http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/waldemar-mat ... 42/b0b/285

As far as Americans being a** holes. At the end of the day, most Americans have never even seen rock bottom, let alone experience it, so they become cocky and arrogant because they think they're invisible and superior to others. If Americans took tours to see the slums in Africa, Thailand or the Philippines many of them would have a change of heart and be more grateful for what they have.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

Temprano26 wrote:

A little over a year ago, I started going to class for massage therapy and I completed that in December, only having clinic hours and the state test to get my massage license. The past two weekends I have had clients rebooking because I am really good at using my elbow to work out knots in their backs.
My strong hands have made me popular among clientele and that is because I have found a good career path. In that regard I have had more opportunities than quite a lot of people out there who are still struggling to make something of their lives.

....Now that I am on the way to a good career in massage therapy I can prove to those smug assholes how hard I can work but I damn sure won't become like them.
Good for you. You didn't like the way things were going so you made something happen for yourself. And you have some fire in your belly because you have something to prove.

HA needs more of this attitude.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

magnum wrote:
I rather be on a African battle field then in this country, at least then I'd be helping people.

lol. One of the stupidest things I have ever read on HA, and that is saying something. The problem with the battlefield is ambiguity. It is not like WWII when the bad guys were wearing uniforms to identify themselves, and civilians were mostly uninvolved. IRL most kills are ambiguous, not righteous. That's is a big reason why so many combat vets are troubled.

But you know better, based upon your video game experience. Right?
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

Temprano26 wrote:It also depends on your career, Winston. We do not have to work at desk jobs sitting at screens all day. We can find something that gives us a sense of self-worth. I love women but they cannot define my self-worth.
True and that is where I clash with HA members.

To most of the guys on here, their whole worth is women liking them, mine is my financial life and accomplishments.

Women should NEVER be your only motivation in life and if it is, then that's sad.

If you let sex and women run your whole life, then you are very limited.

They say that a dog is a man's best friend.....nope.....money is a man's best friend.

Money trumps women every time in my view.

Of course, career and money are important in America!

It's the richest country on earth and driven by individualism, big business and capitalism.

It is what it is and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Like I said, if America isn't working out for you, make your money in America, then travel overseas.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

@devil dog

Well played, hiding behind your faulty system of thought, make it seem so overwhelming and unrealistic that you would have to be a fool for attempting such a thing.

Read about this guy right here internet tough guy.

http://www.whatiwannaknow.com/2013/03/sam-childers/

I cringe at people like you, at least own up to being a coward, your full of information but have no soul if you can't see the merit in what I said.

Who the hell cares about governments and WWII, when the hell did history have anything to do with helping people in a hell whole situation regardless of country or religion.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Temprano26 wrote:Or if you were born with deep pockets of cash but that is only a privileged few of us.

Part of being successful is realizing that you are luckier than others and not just smarter and more talented. There are a lot of smart, talented, hard-working people in Haiti that can't move up the economic ladder because they have lesser resources than we do. My problem with Americans is they become successful and it makes them smug assholes. Before I started going to school for massage therapy, I could not get a job even working in fast food. I sent out so many online applications and the only phone calls I got were from scam artists. Even when I talked to employers face to face, they just said they don't hire anyone without experience not giving a shit that we can't get experience if we don't get hired. I worked at Quizno's and they fired me after three days because the manager was angry about business being too slow. That didn't get to me as much as the fact I couldn't rebound from it because I can't use three days at Quizno's on a damn job application. But of course the people that have good careers were always judging me as some unmotivated freeloader that expects everything to be handed to me which is the complete opposite of reality. Now that I am on the way to a good career in massage therapy I can prove to those smug assholes how hard I can work but I damn sure won't become like them.
Not everyone is smug. I have a solid, well-paying, stable career that I'm starting to really enjoy as I get better at it. I don't think anyone would classify me as "smug".

However, my career has actually hurt me with women, as I have no time to chase them. I did much better with them when I lived in my parent's house lol.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

magnum wrote:@devil dog

Well played, hiding behind your faulty system of thought, make it seem so overwhelming and unrealistic that you would have to be a fool for attempting such a thing.

Read about this guy right here internet tough guy.

http://www.whatiwannaknow.com/2013/03/sam-childers/

I cringe at people like you, at least own up to being a coward, your full of information but have no soul if you can't see the merit in what I said.

Who the hell cares about governments and WWII, when the hell did history have anything to do with helping people in a hell whole situation regardless of country or religion.

The fact is that you will not go to an African battlefield. You won't do jack shit in real life. You will post on the internet and complain about your lot in life. You will complain about your failures and complain that everything is too difficult / the deck is stacked against people like you. In HA you have found a place where a large percentage of the members are like you, so you can complain and commiserate with like-minded unaccomplished losers.

African battlefield? Jesus f***ing Christ. You can't find a job in the f***ing US, but you would be quite the heroic figure on an African battlefield, right? Just keep on weaving these stories in your mind.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Devil Dog wrote:African battlefield? Jesus f***ing Christ. You can't find a job in the f***ing US, but you would be quite the heroic figure on an African battlefield, right?
What exactly is inconsistent about that? In America all the resources go to the upkeep of hideous tapeworms such as your entire generation, corporate whores like your daughter and whoremongers using them as dumpsters, so there is often nothing left over to employ useful people. Historically, plenty of great soldiers could not find employment before or after their period of service.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

If anyone is actually serious about professional military service with a foreign country:
http://www.legion-recrute.com/en/
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Cornfed wrote: In America all the resources go to the upkeep of hideous tapeworms such as your entire generation
You keep repeating this meaningless meme. In the United States people pay into social security all their working lives. At 62, 66 or 70, they start to get some of it back. How exactly does the tapeworm analogy apply to that? The US welfare system benefitting the elderly and others is far less lucrative than that in most any other western nation.

Most of the real horror stories from the current economy involve older Americans. You say the economy is not a meritocracy? You're mostly right, IMO. And who bears the major brunt of that? People with some experience and capability who are cashiered in favor of younger workers who don't need to be paid as much. Get past 40 or 50 in the US economy, and if you aren't set financially, you've got some big problems.

Come on over here and check it out, if you think people with age and experience have got it so good.

And once again I'll cast my vote in favor of refraining from comments you wouldn't dare make in person, such as those involving Devil Dog's daughter.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gsjackson wrote:
Cornfed wrote: In America all the resources go to the upkeep of hideous tapeworms such as your entire generation
You keep repeating this meaningless meme. In the United States people pay into social security all their working lives. At 62, 66 or 70, they start to get some of it back. How exactly does the tapeworm analogy apply to that? The US welfare system benefitting the elderly and others is far less lucrative than that in most any other western nation.

Most of the real horror stories from the current economy involve older Americans. You say the economy is not a meritocracy? You're mostly right, IMO. And who bears the major brunt of that? People with some experience and capability who are cashiered in favor of younger workers who don't need to be paid as much. Get past 40 or 50 in the US economy, and if you aren't set financially, you've got some big problems.

Come on over here and check it out, if you think people with age and experience have got it so good.

And once again I'll cast my vote in favor of refraining from comments you wouldn't dare make in person, such as those involving Devil Dog's daughter.
I would put the cut off age for the parasite/victim class at around 50. People over that age have already benefited from unsustainable welfare at the expense of younger men such as guaranteed above-market-wage employment, guaranteed rising house prices, pensions and so on. If some of them are hurting now, they are just getting a taste of their own medicine that younger men take for granted and that they should have known was coming, but had hoped to avoid by dying of old age first. As to refraining from commenting on corporate whoredom in person, why should I do that? Whoring out your daughter to corporate scumbags instead of setting her up as a wife and mother is disgusting, as is evaluating people by how much money the whorporate system hands them, and it is up to decent people to call these sick bastards out.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Cornfed wrote:I would put the cut off age for the parasite/victim class at around 50. People over that age have already benefited from unsustainable welfare at the expense of younger men such as guaranteed above-market-wage employment, guaranteed rising house prices, pensions and so on. If some of them are hurting now, they are just getting a taste of their own medicine that younger men take for granted and that they should have known was coming, but had hoped to avoid by dying of old age first. As to refraining from commenting on corporate whoredom in person, why should I do that? Whoring out your daughter to corporate scumbags instead of setting her up as a wife and mother is disgusting, as is evaluating people by how much money the whorporate system hands them, and it is up to decent people to call these sick bastards out.
I'm not sure what you mean by "guaranteed above-market-wage employment" and "guaranteed rising house prices," and how these are "at the expense of younger men." Who was doing the guaranteeing, and how did younger men finance it all?

You've recently posted about the transition of wages 40+ years ago from that sufficient to support a single-earner family in a low-to-moderate consumption lifestyle (which I assume you take to be a good thing) to those allowing two-earner families to engage in a higher consumption lifestyle. Along with the latter dispensation came the corporate emphasis on share value over all and neoliberalism's introduction of "flexible labor," and, for various reasons, the lifetime employment scenarios with fixed-benefit pensions disappeared. Now where exactly in all of this is the blameworthy parasitical class that has stolen the nation's future, apart from the usual suspects that manipulate the economy for their own benefit? Where exactly was the "above-market-wage employment?"

As far as rising housing prices, maybe some older people benefitted if they were astute enough to sell before the bubble burst. Far more commonly, they developed patterns of borrowing and spending based on what they were told was the "equity" in their houses, and took a major haircut when the crash came.