America loves that you are lonely!

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

Winston wrote:
nicho12 wrote: The movie directors are there to shape public opinion in their movies, they don't care whether you get a girlfriend or not.
True. But in a romantic movie, esp if it takes places during the Victorian era or early 20th century, they will always use a ballroom dance scene as a backdrop to get the couple to meet and get acquainted. Or they will show a live band with dinner and dancing for the lovers to meet at.

So I'm wondering, were those ballroom dance events common in the past? Where are they today? Why can't you go to one today and meet girls? Why don't they have them? Why are they so common in movies if they aren't around in real life?
Forget ballroom dancing. This is the sort of event you should aim for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZxgtUANXpU
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: America loves that you are lonely!

Post by jamesbond »

NorthAmericanguy wrote:You hit this on the nail!! It's ridiculous. I live out in the suburbs where isolation is at its worse! People live in 3-4000SF homes ALONE with nobody coming to visit them or anything. So do you know what people do? They get dogs and cats and humanize them. It's sick. I LOVE dogs, but I will be d*M if I'm coming home to a dog and start talking to the thing!
I live in the suburbs too and the suburbs are death to your social life! :shock:

You don't even SEE any of your neighbors, they are hiding in their houses. Nobody talks to anybody else and it's lonely as hell in the "burbs."

Yes, it's safe and quiet living in the suburbs but it's also lonely and boring. I am seriously considering moving in the city as early as next summer (if I can sell my home, the real estate market is still horrible where I live).
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: America loves that you are lonely!

Post by jamesbond »

BlueEverglades wrote:
October 12th, 2013, 10:41 am
As an immigrant from the Caribbean I am still appalled I'm supposed to be alone 24/7 just to prove that I'm independent. One thing I noticed recently is that there's only person in most cars whether it is on weekdays or weekends I'm not seeing families of 3 and more traveling in cars to places. isn't that weird? I know everyone is supposed to have their car but family as an unit is supposed to share a little bit in my opinion. And is exactly in the supposed to be's that money is made, when everyone needs their stuff separately, loneliness becomes profitable for the system!If children are not going out on weekends and instead are playing video games we have a bigger problem than we think.

Also the thought of living alone, dining alone, sleeping alone is simply depressing yet if you type this into google "I don't want to live alone" you get the opposite advice on how to live alone! lol there are a bunch of articles saying how cool is to be lonely 24/7 and techniques to make it better. Google is a huge fraud, more often than not it gives me the exact opposite of what I'm looking for.

Many anti-american pages have been deleted or you simply don't find that many sites from people who dislike living here, is it on purpose? Lonely has been equated with being independent, if you live with your parents but have a job and pay for your stuff you are still not independent according to....whom? Why is it so bad to be taking care of your parents in a family that helps each other out as opposed to alone "just because"

I believe it's because the lonelier you are the more you start craving "stuff" that's good for the economy, people tend to fill the void with materialism and it pays off. Then we have a new agey spirituality for those who don't like materialism telling you to buy more of their books if you want the big secret of being successful and peaceful, ect.

Their solution to being lonely is to connect to a an abstract cloud of "love" , angels, gurus, ect sending a message not to expect a damn thing from anyone in the real world because they too need to buy their book to learn how to connect with whatever so that we can be alone together forever! This is why I have started to dislike self- help books so much, they perpetuate the system! They are all in it! What do you have to say for yourself ? is there no way other than going overseas to make it all better?

It's more profitable to have people living alone because studies show that when you are lonely you tend to buy more things (even things you don't need). This helps the economy when people live alone, it causes more consumer spending. Everything in America boils down to economics and nothing else.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."