Anecdotal evidence that Manila pinays are bitchy cunts

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
deasil875
Freshman Poster

Anecdotal evidence that Manila pinays are bitchy cunts

Post by deasil875 »

Excerpt from an introductory screening Skype convo with a DIA contact. Please gents, don't waste time with them. They really are standoffish.

[11:43:01 AM] Jens: youre from Manila?
[11:43:10 AM] Genisa Love Rojas: i think it was a very nice place .
[11:43:15 AM] Genisa Love Rojas: yeah.
[11:43:20 AM] Genisa Love Rojas: evactly.
[11:43:33 AM] Jens: ah ok
[11:43:38 AM] Jens: are you originally from Manila?
[11:43:48 AM] Jens: or somewhere else in the phiilippines?
[11:44:09 AM] Genisa Love Rojas: somewhere but i live here ....
[11:44:48 AM] Jens: ah ok
[11:45:06 AM] Jens: are you going to university there in manila?
[11:45:27 AM] Genisa Love Rojas: nope....
[11:45:46 AM] Genisa Love Rojas: haller! im not kinda rich woman.....
[11:46:00 AM] Genisa Love Rojas: you;re funny.
[11:46:05 AM] Jens: lol
[11:46:06 AM] Genisa Love Rojas: duh....
[11:46:18 AM] Genisa Love Rojas: (doh)
[11:46:24 AM] Jens: ahahah
[11:46:30 AM] Genisa Love Rojas: (coffee)
[11:46:33 AM] Jens: mmmm!
[11:46:38 AM] Jens: yummy tea
[11:46:39 AM] Jens: or coffee ahah
[11:47:05 AM] Genisa Love Rojas: (beer)(d)\o/(ninja)(pi)
[11:47:08 AM] Jens: oooh nice!
[11:47:10 AM] Genisa Love Rojas: hahaha
[11:47:14 AM] Jens: ill take the martini
[11:47:15 AM] Jens: ;)
[11:47:35 AM] Genisa Love Rojas: hey how long have you been on this planet .?
[11:47:42 AM] Jens: lol
[11:47:46 AM] Jens: i like how you ask that
[11:47:47 AM] Genisa Love Rojas: and have you been in philippines.?
[11:47:49 AM] Jens: (about age)
[11:47:51 AM] Jens: im 28
[11:47:58 AM] Jens: and no, i havent but i will be going
[11:48:09 AM] Genisa Love Rojas: uhm ok
[11:48:15 AM] Jens: thats why im getting to know some peeps before i go
[11:48:27 AM] Jens: and to be honest, im also looking for a filipina gf
[11:48:40 AM] Genisa Love Rojas: what .ever
[11:49:06 AM] Jens: ok im sorry
[11:49:10 AM] Jens: i dont like your attitude
[11:49:16 AM] Jens: im trying to be honest and open
[11:49:19 AM] Jens: forget you
I blocked and deleted from contacts after that.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

Well, that settles it. If anecdotal evidence is the required level of proof.
deasil875
Freshman Poster

Post by deasil875 »

There's a reason I posted this in the Rants and Raves section ;)
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

I know. I'm just goofing.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

That conversation is really lame. She's guilty of making it lame, but so are you. You're both as boring as each other in that conversation. And you're totally out of order telling her that you don't like her attitude. There was absolutely no bad attitude at all from her (well, we don't know that for sure). You were very unnecessarily rude.

The only thing that could be construed as bad attitude was when she said "whatever", but even so, you didn't stick around to get confirmation of her having a bad attitude. I've had chats with filipinas where they say something and it comes across a certain way, but when I ask them what they meant or why they said it, there's usually a good explanation, and you have to remember that their understanding of english isn't the same as yours.

It could very well be that she had a bad attitude, but you didn't give the conversation a chance to develop to the point where you'd be able to know for sure. You ejected too soon. Her use of "whatever" could have meant "oh right, I see, ok fair enough, whatever floats your boat".

My point is that people use language in different ways. She might have had a bad attitude, or she might be the sweetest girl in the world. Now you'll never know.

And I speak from experience. I've been chatting with a girl who said something to me that I thought was rude, so I had a go at her. Not too sternly but I made it clear that I thought she was rude. Then she became very apologetic and I realised that her understanding of nuances in english was poor, so I felt bad.

People who speak more than one language ought to be able to understand the point I'm trying to make. If you speak more than one language, you should already understand this. Not everyone uses english the same way.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Johnny1975 wrote:That conversation is really lame. She's guilty of making it lame, but so are you. You're both as boring as each other in that conversation. And you're totally out of order telling her that you don't like her attitude. There was absolutely no bad attitude at all from her (well, we don't know that for sure). You were very unnecessarily rude.

The only thing that could be construed as bad attitude was when she said "whatever", but even so, you didn't stick around to get confirmation of her having a bad attitude. I've had chats with filipinas where they say something and it comes across a certain way, but when I ask them what they meant or why they said it, there's usually a good explanation, and you have to remember that their understanding of english isn't the same as yours.

It could very well be that she had a bad attitude, but you didn't give the conversation a chance to develop to the point where you'd be able to know for sure. You ejected too soon. Her use of "whatever" could have meant "oh right, I see, ok fair enough, whatever floats your boat".

My point is that people use language in different ways. She might have had a bad attitude, or she might be the sweetest girl in the world. Now you'll never know.

And I speak from experience. I've been chatting with a girl who said something to me that I thought was rude, so I had a go at her. Not too sternly but I made it clear that I thought she was rude. Then she became very apologetic and I realised that her understanding of nuances in english was poor, so I felt bad.

People who speak more than one language ought to be able to understand the point I'm trying to make. If you speak more than one language, you should already understand this. Not everyone uses english the same way.
Very true, Johnny! It's the same with Chinese females, too. It's the cultural and language differences that play a part in misunderstandings, sometimes. But, deasil875 is correct in that she seems positively rude--much more so than any Asian female I've encountered on a dating site...

Also, the fact that Filipinos are much better at English than other Asians, also make me suspicious about her attitude. I think you did the right thing, deasil. She seems kind of a b*tch, to be honest...
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Those Pinays who chat in English and have contacts with foreigners try to act American because that is the only "foreign training" they have. They also try to act TV- American because that is the only way they can learn about porenerz. Also, because she is chatting with you, she may have chatted with other English speaking foreigners before.

Majority of English speaking people who are after Filipinas are those who are rejected in their country for a variety of reasons- some unfair ones - because they are nice guys( like most of us here)- but mostly because they are:

"TOTUTUTPTFTBTS"- too old, too ugly, too uncouth, too poor, too fat, too bald, too short.

Because of uncouthness, they lack social, and more so,-international communication skills. Many are ultra nationalist Anglo AH's who think they are saviors of females who are living in 3d world sh-tholes ( and in mud huts). This reflects on the way they talk to those women." Oh, so you have TV in your country? I didn't know that? Have you been in a car? Oh, wow, you actually have cars there!".

After a couple of chats with some dumb Americans or Brits or some rude Aussie losers, the Filipina comes to a conclusion:

All porenerz are rude, arrogant ah's who look down on Filipino/as, so I'm going to be a b-tch and talk back to them and act uppity.

They have no training in their education not to generalize, or to follow a certain logical system.

Also, the Filipinos' English is not as good as it once was, and many only understand about 60-75% of what you are writing on the screen. This leads to great misunderstandings.

There are also some cultural differences. The American's "Where are you from?" question probes deeply and usually means "place of birth". In Filipino culture, it means- where you live ( place of residence) . It is the same in Slavic countries, by the way. The narrowing down by asking " Where you are originally from" is not something you usually do in PH. I can't even translate that question into Tagalog well.

Then the Filipinos' nosy question- "What is your nationality?" means - citizenship. Americans often take it as " country the great grandparents come from" and start with " I am Italian, I am Polish, etc." These can't relate to it.

And finally, some are b-tches for no reason. Filipino guys can't deal with it, so the girls start looking for porenerz. Porenerz are kind.

The cultural gap is huge, and the longer you deal with Pinoys, the greater it becomes.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Re: Anecdotal evidence that Manila pinays are bitchy c**ts

Post by jtest28 »

deasil875 wrote: [11:48:15 AM] Jens: thats why im getting to know some peeps before i go
[11:48:27 AM] Jens: and to be honest, im also looking for a filipina gf
[11:48:40 AM] Genisa Love Rojas: what .ever
My guess here is she was sorta trying to get a bit of attention and a commitment. I haven't been at them long either, but I have seen a number of them that it seems have had men write to them, only to stop writing for no apparent reason, and certainly never show up. So I think she was just trying to egg you on into actually being one of the guys who is different.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

The few times I chatted with young Filipinas online I have been taken aback by the shocking lack of written English skills, which compounds to the typical slow typing, connection hiccups and ultra-short attention span to make for a virtually useless experience. Far better to somehow get their undivided attention on a video chat, where you can at least add their appearance and body language to the shaky bout of verbal communication.

From what I read and heard, the only men who can get something out of chat windows are those who make it very clear from the onset that they're looking for a wife and serious about visiting them in the PI as early as possible, hence resonating at least with those who are looking for a fix asap. Even in that case, the relationship would be built more of those mutual hopes and expectations than actual conversations.

As I have myself experienced, nothing beats the real thing: strolling down those packed streets in Manila or Cebu or Davao, talking to real people and forging real and realistic, if short-lived, interactions. Another reason to ditch the online chat preliminaries and just get there and start meeting people IRL.
deasil875
Freshman Poster

Post by deasil875 »

publicduende wrote:The few times I chatted with young Filipinas online I have been taken aback by the shocking lack of written English skills, which compounds to the typical slow typing, connection hiccups and ultra-short attention span to make for a virtually useless experience. Far better to somehow get their undivided attention on a video chat, where you can at least add their appearance and body language to the shaky bout of verbal communication.

From what I read and heard, the only men who can get something out of chat windows are those who make it very clear from the onset that they're looking for a wife and serious about visiting them in the PI as early as possible, hence resonating at least with those who are looking for a fix asap. Even in that case, the relationship would be built more of those mutual hopes and expectations than actual conversations.

As I have myself experienced, nothing beats the real thing: strolling down those packed streets in Manila or Cebu or Davao, talking to real people and forging real and realistic, if short-lived, interactions. Another reason to ditch the online chat preliminaries and just get there and start meeting people IRL.
Your point is very valid about mutual hopes and expectations of LTR/marriage. I suppose that's why Skyping has its niche. I'm finding that video chats are counter-productive for me along with dating sites. However, that may be because I've been using DIA more than Blossoms. No matter which way you cut it though, these girls are still 6000+ miles away! You damn well know other guys are hitting them up. The reality is for me I cannot immediately get on the next flight out of LAX, even if I wanted to. So there's the very real possibility some other dude she is talking to will beat me to the punch and get out there to meet her before I'm able to. That's why I've had to change my strategy. I think my best bet is to hold off the online angle, until my travel plans are locked up. That way, I can have a few girls ready to meet from Blossoms/DIA who know that I am definitively coming, and hit the ground running in Cebu & Mindanao at the same time (my preferred PI destinations) for IRL interactions as you recommended. I know I can easily score an HB7. Long term goal is marriage, but I want to have fun as well. My dating and sex life thru my entire early/mid 20s was time wasted thanks to shitty AmeriKa. Longest dry spell for dating was 07-09. Hell on earth. Honestly I need to bust a nut with a good handful of pinay and other Asian chicks and get it out of my system and make up for lost time.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

publicduende wrote:The few times I chatted with young Filipinas online I have been taken aback by the shocking lack of written English skills, which compounds to the typical slow typing, connection hiccups and ultra-short attention span to make for a virtually useless experience. Far better to somehow get their undivided attention on a video chat, where you can at least add their appearance and body language to the shaky bout of verbal communication.

I also chatted with a few - a few hundred - maybe more lol.

There are several threads on online dating with Pinays with plenty of information and opinions.

From my experience it is very difficult to generalize. I chatted with girls with very poor English skills to skills better than most Americans. Surprisingly I chatted with many girls whose written skills were superior to their conversational skills. The combination of accents (hers and mine), slang, and cultural misunderstandings often made video chats fun (speaking to a cute girl) but frustrating. Sometimes the same girl was easier to chat with in writing because she could take a minute or 2 to gather her thoughts and it was easier for me to qualify what she meant if it was unclear.

Today I am married (OK, it's only been a few weeks) but I would say sometimes it is easier to chat with my wife (on FB or texting) rather than speaking, since her written communication skills are strong.

But as Ladislav says, the key problem in any relationship between cultures is miscommunication caused by language or cultural differences. It may be harder with Pinays because it appears that many speak reasonably good English. This makes us assume that she understands the context of what you mean - when in many cases she only understands the words. Combine that with their reticence to admit they don't understand and it's a problem.

My wife and I were away last weekend. A large and in charge middle aged woman spoke to us at length because the woman recognized my wife as Filipina and the woman had lived for a while in Manila. The woman spoke a mile a minute for maybe 10 minutes about her life in Manila and my wife nodded, as did I. After the woman left, my wife admitted that she had not understood most of what the woman was blathering on about. I told her I hadn't understood much of it either :)

Most of the girls I chatted with were looking for husbands of bfs or some sort of LTR, but not all. Some were into fun. Some were into having more than one bf. Of course some were into getting money. One girl I chatted with and ultimately met was a smart-as-hell law student who was looking for - well I'll keep that to myself ;)

So you can't generalize though many on HA love to.

It's ultimately up to the guy. You can chat with lots of Pinays and try to get a general idea about their life, views, what they are looking for online, etc. or you can emphasize the misunderstandings and bail. IMO if you do the latter you are losing out.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

I laugh every time Ladislav says porenerz.

I still say that deasil ejected way too soon. For all any of us knows, her understanding of the word "whatever" could be that it's a hip, cool thing to say. Like "yeah, cool, right, ok, yeah whatever". As Ladislav says, their understanding of english is about 60-75% (although in many cases I'd say higher, but this is only based on my experience of online chats), so you can't expect them to understand the precise meanings and contexts / nuances of all words. I still say he should have stuck around and given it a chance. There would have been nothing to lose, and he might have learned something that could come in handy in future.
Rayn
Freshman Poster

Post by Rayn »

I have a much, much better experience chatting with Thai and Russian girls than Filipinos even in spite of their seemingly lower proficiency in English.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Your point is very valid about mutual hopes and expectations of LTR/marriage. I suppose that's why Skyping has its niche. I'm finding that video chats are counter-productive for me along with dating sites. However, that may be because I've been using DIA more than Blossoms. No matter which way you cut it though, these girls are still 6000+ miles away! You damn well know other guys are hitting them up. The reality is for me I cannot immediately get on the next flight out of LAX, even if I wanted to. So there's the very real possibility some other dude she is talking to will beat me to the punch and get out there to meet her before I'm able to. That's why I've had to change my strategy. I think my best bet is to hold off the online angle, until my travel plans are locked up. That way, I can have a few girls ready to meet from Blossoms/DIA who know that I am definitively coming, and hit the ground running in Cebu & Mindanao at the same time (my preferred PI destinations) for IRL interactions as you recommended. I know I can easily score an HB7. Long term goal is marriage, but I want to have fun as well. My dating and sex life thru my entire early/mid 20s was time wasted thanks to shitty AmeriKa. Longest dry spell for dating was 07-09. Hell on earth. Honestly I need to bust a nut with a good handful of pinay and other Asian chicks and get it out of my system and make up for lost time.[/quote]

deasil875

I cant believe you are unable to score back at home, looking at your pic I cant help to say you look like a handsome guy(no homo), even by american standards, you have all the features they like(symmetrical face, defined jawline, spunky hair,etc).
Seriously with look like that how the hell you managed to have 2-3 year dry spell? How old you you, in your late 20s i guess? Maybe you want girls who are too young or perfect 8s and 9s.
You shoud be able to score with 5-7s AW on regular basis. You dont need to go to Philipines, you are too good and too young for that, if you really want quality you can go to SthAm or EE. Don't sell yourself short.
You are none of TOTUTUTPTFTBTS
Rayn
Freshman Poster

Post by Rayn »

I don't think good looks would put anyone at an advantage when it comes to finding women in such dysfunctional feminist societies like the US. It would possibly help but not that much. The thing is it matters very little how good looking you are when there simply aren't women out there who are compatible with you.

You could as a good looking man hook up with random mediocre skanky chicks at the bar I have a feeling that deasil875 here is looking for a genuine meaningful LTR with a decent women...