Are any of you celebrating the 4th of July?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Winston
Site Admin

Are any of you celebrating the 4th of July?

Post by Winston »

Is there any point in celebrating the 4th of July?

I mean, America isn't that free anymore, and certainly isn't more free than most countries, so is there any point?

What will you be doing for the 4th of July?
Last edited by Winston on July 4th, 2013, 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

germanguy
Freshman Poster

Post by germanguy »

I am not an American. But if I were i would NOT.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

germanguy wrote:I am not an American. But if I were i would NOT.
Why not? For what reasons would you not celebrate it?

Do Germans celebrate any type of independence day?

What's the point of being independent from another country only to be enslaved to your own country and government?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

germanguy wrote:I am not an American. But if I were i would NOT.
I'm an American, and I agree with the above statement. The United States has turned into a tyrannical place, very different than when I was growing up in the country during the 70s up to the 90s. The country has really gone down the toilet since then...I no longer celebrate being an American, and count the days to leaving this horrible country forever...
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr.Darcy »

meh it's an excuse to drink, but I'm sick of all the freedom and murica comments.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: Are any of you celebrating the 4th of July?

Post by Teal Lantern »

Winston wrote:Is there any point in celebrating the 4th of July?

I mean, America isn't that free anymore, and certainly isn't more free than most countries, so is there any point?

Reading about the depraved laws in the "land of the free" :roll:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermesmann_v._Seyer
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

The good part of this holiday is that it is a paid day off for most salaried, full time workers.

At the job I had last year, holidays were only paid if you worked the day before and the day after. To me that seems ridiculous cause it ruins having a 4 day weekend. If you worked on the holiday though, supposedly it would be twice the regular rate.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

I sure don't feel motivated to celebrate. I feel sorry for family who choose to remain here.

But I DID watch some episodes of Charles Kuralt's "The Revolutionary War" this morning. Ah, now THOSE were the days!

PS I remember one Independence Day around 1990 better than any other. I sat with my sons on the Westchester Bluffs, overlooking Marina del Rey, and recited the name of a newly free country, each time the fireworks exploded.

Sometimes the good guys win.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I watched fireworks from in front of my house with the neighbors. They are pretty friendly to me and even lent me a wine bottle opener.

The shocker tonight was when a tall super hot perfect looking white chick walked down the street. I said hi to her and asked why she was all dressed up. She said she was going to a nightclub. I wanted to introduce myself but I froze. She was a perfect 10. I thought I was hallucinating! Girls like that make me freeze up! Her legs were so perfect, white and smooth and she was mega hot in that white skirt and heels too!

Once I see a super hot girl that gets me stoked, it's so hard to get out of my system! It's like a curse. Super hot girls are my weakness. I can't think of anything else for days after I've seen one!

The universe, or Murphy's Law, seems to like to punish me for it. Long white legs on young women are my biggest weakness! My kryptonite!

How do you hit on a girl who lives a few houses down though? Invite her over for a drink? Yeah right. Ask to borrow her tools? lol. Yeah right.
Last edited by Winston on July 5th, 2013, 3:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

germanguy
Freshman Poster

Post by germanguy »

Winston wrote:I watched fireworks from in front of my house with the neighbors. They are pretty friendly to me and even lent me a wine bottle opener.

The shocker tonight was when a tall super hot perfect looking white chick walked down the street. I said hi to her and asked why she was all dressed up. She said she was going to a nightclub. I wanted to introduce myself but I froze. She was a perfect 10. I thought I was hallucinating! Girls like that make me freeze up! Her legs were so perfect, white and smooth and she was mega hot in that white skirt and heels too!

Once I see a super hot girl that gets me stoked, it's so hard to get out of my system! It's like a curse. Super hot girls are my weakness. I can't think of anything else for days after I've seen one!

The universe, or Murphy's Law, seems to like to punish me for it. Long white legs on young women are my biggest weakness! My kryptonite!

How do you hit on a girl who lives a few houses down though? Invite her over for a drink? Yeah right. Ask to borrow her tools? lol. Yeah right.
I thought you are living in Taiwan?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I left Taiwan months ago. You are really behind Germanguy. Also, stop changing the topic.

germanguy
Freshman Poster

Post by germanguy »

Winston wrote:I left Taiwan months ago. You are really behind Germanguy. Also, stop changing the topic.
Didn´t you tell me you are only on vacation to the US a few days ago? Where do you live then if not the US?
MJay1978
Freshman Poster

Post by MJay1978 »

...Nah man. I didn't even go out on the 4th. The only thing I did is went to pick up a friend from his trucking job, which he came back from delivering in a semi across the state. He just came back on the 3rd as of this month. But after I dropped him off, I paid no mind to most of the people that were on the side street celebrating the Independence Day holiday. I just went straight home and worked on my video project, which I finished on the 4th. I made a video about Christy0Misty, which is a female anti-feminist speaker who used to be on YouTube. She opposed feminism. She even encouraged men to travel out of the country to find their future bride out of the dreaded "feminist box" in the Western society. As for the 4th, it's just another day to me man. Nothing special about it to me anymore.

If you want to check out the video, here is the link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80kq9PGx0qE

NOTE: You might have to start the pointer at 0:00 due to when you click to watch it, it doesn't start at the very beginning of the video. It's a technical issue I've been having ever since I uploaded this on YouTube.
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Post by aozora13 »

I actually went to a family event. I usually have to work on Saturdays and holidays are difficult to get off because I work at a shift job. I usually have to negotiate with people in order to finally have a weekend day off.

Topic, this country is a police state. There is really nothing to be happy for celebrating this day. I am just going to a family event and that is that. I am not really patriotic, I have not been since I was in high school.