Do you feel an empty, depressing, meaningless dark vibe in America?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Do you feel an empty depressing meaningless vibe in America?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

growup wrote:
November 19th, 2018, 1:07 pm
I don't think all women are out to get you.
Sure, when 99% of women are out to get you, of what importance is that negligible 1%?

This is purely a vacuous NAWALT argument and why I don't trust any Woman, especially in the Western world.
growup
Freshman Poster

Post by growup »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
November 19th, 2018, 2:27 pm
growup wrote:
Sure, when 99% of women are out to get you, of what importance is that negligible 1%?

This is purely a vacuous NAWALT argument and why I don't trust any Woman, especially in the Western world.
I'm wondering where you get your statistics, dear.
And I'm sure all (or maybe just 99%) women feel the same way about you
:)
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

The thing is that it is not so much that Western females are scum as that the system encourages them to be scum. For example, if there was a law that employees could leave their jobs whenever they wanted and the employer had to keep paying them indefinitely, would you want to be an employer? It is not that females inherently suck (although they do in various ways), it is that the system sucks.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

:roll:
growup wrote:
November 19th, 2018, 4:22 pm
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
November 19th, 2018, 2:27 pm
growup wrote:

I'm wondering where you get your statistics, dear.
And I'm sure all (or maybe just 99%) women feel the same way about you
This, from the "happily married" woman who comes here to get attention from male posters?
growup
Freshman Poster

Post by growup »

Oh, honey. Is that what you think?
Well, in the long run it really doesn't matter what you think. It doesn't affect my life any.
Have a good night.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow @growup you and your hubby have your own business? Congrats. That takes initiative and drive and vision. I guess you're not the average american family then.

May i ask what type of self employment you do? Is it a niche or something general?

How have you been to Krakow so many times? I thought you spent most of your life in america?

You guys. Please be more tactful to ladies here. Remember shes a foreign woman too. Not just American.

What is NAWALT?

I guess the depressing meaningless vibe in america affects you most when you're single. But not when you have a partner or lover. Lol. Some of us are just unlucky.

I remember when i was in love with a girl from Carson City, NV how wonderful and complete i felt. Ahhhhhhh. Nothing compares to it. Felt like i was on cloud 9. Every moment after that sucked in comparison to it. When you feel so blissful and complete because someone you love loves you too, everything from there on is downhill. And you can never be happy like that again.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
growup
Freshman Poster

Post by growup »

No, my husband works at a business in town.
I'm self employed. Estate planning. I help people write their wills, etc.
I lived in Poland til I was almost 9. Plenty of time for my grandparents to cart me off to Krakow, Zamosc, Warsaw, etc.
NAWALT: Not all women are like that.
And honestly, I don't care what the men in here think.
I got what I wanted out of life, by not whining about how "evil" the opposite sex is.
I can understand where one might find life depressing, meaningless, etc. if they define themselves by having a partner or a lover.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

growup wrote: And honestly, I don't care what the men in here think.
Sure you do! We can see it in the very nature of your responses.
growup wrote: I got what I wanted out of life, by not whining about how "evil" the opposite sex is.
Doesn't seem like you have all that much from my vantage point, especially if your feelings get so hurt when people point out the true nature of women. You probably would benefit from reading The Misandry Bubble article and the books The Rational Male, The Predatory Female, and The Manipulated Man. You would at least gain the self-awareness of the role you play in this problem of Western women. So what if you were born in Poland? There is a reason why your family left and a reason you are a member of this particular forum about life being better abroad. I actually live in Europe in each of the countries I truly love. Therefore, what you dismiss as "whining" (A typical, female shaming attempt) might just be encouraging other men to live equally fulfilling lives. To do that, recognizing that women are programmed by nature to co-opt and distract men from their missions is indeed not whining as much as your "female" mind would like to think.
growup wrote: I can understand where one might find life depressing, meaningless, etc. if they define themselves by having a partner or a lover.
This smacks a bit of the pot calling the kettle black. Ever heard of the term projection? You're the one gushing about your children and husband in a manner that suggests you define yourself by them. Might there be some emotional holes you need to fill at home? You may want to take a closer look at that.....
growup wrote:
November 19th, 2018, 7:53 pm
Oh, honey. Is that what you think?
Well, in the long run it really doesn't matter what you think. It doesn't affect my life any.
Have a good night.
Clearly that's the case dear, whether you want to recognize it yet or not.

I only hope that you could do some personal reflection about what you're missing at home or from your husband that compels you to engage with men here.

I hope you have an enjoyable day :wink:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Also @growup, I don't think most Americans can really love their jobs because:

1) Like @Ghost said, work is not meant to be pleasurable. If work were truly joyful and fulfilling then you wouldn't have to be paid for it. You'd do it for free. The fact that you have to be paid for it means it's not something you'd rather do if you didn't have to.

2) Americans are forced to always say they are having a great day, that they had a great weekend, etc. And yes they also feel pressured to say they love their jobs too. Even if it's not true. They always have to pretend to be positive. Everyone conforms to this, even though it's dishonest, because conformity is more important than truth or honesty. I'm sure you know that by now. You've lived in America many years. So you should know all this. So please don't be naive and gullible.

3) Why do you think Americans quickly try to seek consumer pleasures after work, like TV, pizza, beer, etc? Because their lives are miserable, so they have to try to counterbalance it with consumer pleasures. If they truly loved their work and found fulfillment in it, they wouldn't be so miserable that they need consumer pleasure after work.

4) Yes some jobs are fun and enjoyable - like the jobs at Disneyland for instance, or acting. But most jobs suck and are not fun or enjoyable. I'm sure you know that. Look at most jobs around you, and you will see that most of them are not fun at all. You would never do them for free.

Think about it growup.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Do you feel an empty, depressing, meaningless dark vibe in America?

Post by Winston »

@kangarunner
Now that you're back in the US, do you also notice this empty, depressing, meaningless dark vibe in America? It's hard to explain in words, it's like a black goo that's eating up your soul and eating up your joy and aliveness. You know what I mean? And of course, it's taboo to talk about it, so you can't be honest about it either. Suck, just like Taiwan does, huh?

Anyone else here notice the same? Doesn't it make you feel hopeless and on the verge of losing your mind? It's so awful and isolating, especially when you cannot talk about it and express yourself.

ArchibaultNew
Freshman Poster

Post by ArchibaultNew »

Great post Winston!

It's crazy you and I have similar ideas with the pets and now with the whole "empty vibe" in American.

I would say this it's just America to me its the Anglosphere in general. It seems like a group of people whose only meaning in life is to make money or generate some kind of profit. If they don't then they consider themselves "failures." For instance, I lived in Las Vegas and so how people would only throw parties primarily for popularity an to get more money. But it lacked the desire for genuinely enjoying yourself. Hence why its so hard for them to make friends or building relationships

I don't think that's healthy for human development, as you say there's no "deeper" meaning like in some Eastern European countries. Its a civilization and a philosophy primarily concerned with material gain. Not even high quality materials but rather quantity of materials. Buy as much as you can to them discard it.

Hence, why I decided to learn French and German and I am already seeing the benefits of these two different civilizations.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Winston wrote:
May 5th, 2022, 9:18 am
@kangarunner
Now that you're back in the US, do you also notice this empty, depressing, meaningless dark vibe in America? It's hard to explain in words, it's like a black goo that's eating up your soul and eating up your joy and aliveness. You know what I mean? And of course, it's taboo to talk about it, so you can't be honest about it either. Suck, just like Taiwan does, huh?

Anyone else here notice the same? Doesn't it make you feel hopeless and on the verge of losing your mind? It's so awful and isolating, especially when you cannot talk about it and express yourself.
This is a good topic to read through even though it's over 11 pages.

I'm only here to see my family before they die because I would be a selfish bastard if I didn't do that. With that being said, I truly hate America with a burning passion. I'm in Memphis, TN. It's a boring, sterile place. Beaches = 0. Mountains = 0. Walkability = 0. Fun = 0. I'm not trying to sound negative or be a downer but the women here are all ugly as shit. The first thing I noticed was how serious and focused everyone looks. In SE Asia, at least there's a cheerful, playful vibe to the people. I can walk down the street in Saigon and people will smile and I smile back and it makes every day happy.

Buying a home in a suburb is like buying your own solitary confinement.

I'm just waiting patiently and making my diabolical plan to escape.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

kangarunner wrote:
May 5th, 2022, 2:34 pm
Winston wrote:
@kangarunner

I'm only here to see my family before they die because I would be a selfish bastard if I didn't do that. With that being said, I truly hate America with a burning passion. I'm in Memphis, TN. It's a boring, sterile place. Beaches = 0. Mountains = 0. Walkability = 0. Fun = 0. I'm not trying to sound negative or be a downer but the women here are all ugly as shit. The first thing I noticed was how serious and focused everyone looks. In SE Asia, at least there's a cheerful, playful vibe to the people. I can walk down the street in Saigon and people will smile and I smile back and it makes every day happy.

Asia is overrated. They are the most passive people ever, and most of their laws suck harder than the laws in the U.S.
Asians are also very good at faking happiness. Just look at how well the Filipinos do it, including the ones living in extreme poverty. Yet you can find endless videos on youtube where people in those countries are openly admitting to being miserable. I know the U.S. suck but damn everywhere else suck equally as much as here, they just suck on a different level. I remember Wintston said "China is more freer than the U.S." lol no offense to him but sometimes I think people say stuff just to hear themselves talk.

How anyone can believe China is better than the U.S. must be a fool. Because for one the Chinese control every aspect of life including the damn air you breath. Half the stuff you can say openly on this site you wouldn't be allowed to even do that over there. I'm not denying that the U.S. is crap because it is, but I'm also not so blind to believe all these other countries are better either. Especially considering the fact Europe is flooding itself full of people from Africa and Islamic countries which just means they are going to turn those places into their own country in a matter of years. East Europe is mostly poor.

And Americans also aren't the only people who care about making money either. Some cultures are just taught that it's bad to complain no matter how bad they have it in life and if they do complain they get frowned upon for it and Asians care a lot as to what other people think so they bottle all that up, shut up and fake happiness about their living conditions. I know for a fact they use to say its taboo to complain about your problems in a country like Japan so despite people there are unhappy you won't know it because most of them don't complain about it. I'm sure peasants living in Saigon would love to have a lot of money, Vietnamese Americans is already proof that they care. Same thing with Cambodians.

If any of them were giving the chance to make a lot of money they would be obsessed with it like any other person. Because at the end of the day, everyone cares about making a lot of money including some of the phonies on here bad mouthing Americas obsession with it like poorer places don't also do it. Very few people want to live a simple regular life. All first world nations are like this. In Japan alone the young refuse to live in villages among the old, instead they prefer to live in the big cities like Tokyo where all the money is vs being a damn farmer in a dead end village like Nagoro which is so isolated the woman living there had to create dolls just to build a population out of objects because the young don't care about living in village towns where they can't make a lot of money. Again this isn't an American thing, it's a people thing. Look at how everyone globally is obsessed with their cellphones. I don't care what country you go to, if the people have cellphones they are addicted to them just like American people are.
Space Invaders
Freshman Poster

Post by Space Invaders »

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
May 5th, 2022, 3:51 pm
kangarunner wrote:
May 5th, 2022, 2:34 pm
Winston wrote:
@kangarunner

Asia is overrated and weak. They are the most passive people ever, and most of their laws suck harder than the laws in the U.S.
Asians are also very good at faking happiness. Just look at how well the Filipinos do it, including the ones living in extreme poverty. Yet you can find endless videos on youtube where people in those countries are openly admitting to being miserable. I know the U.S. suck but damn everywhere else suck equally as much as here, they just suck on a different level. I remember Wintston said "China is more freer than the U.S." lol no offense to him but sometimes I think people say stuff just to hear themselves talk.

How anyone can believe China is better than the U.S. must be a fool. Because for one the Chinese control every aspect of life including the damn air you breath. Half the stuff you can say openly on this site you wouldn't be allowed to even do that over there. I'm not denying that the U.S. is crap because it is, but I'm also not so blind to believe all these other countries are better either. Especially considering the fact Europe is flooding itself full of people from Africa and Islamic countries which just means they are going to turn those places into their own country in a matter of years. East Europe is mostly poor.

And Americans also aren't the only people who care about making money either. Some cultures are just taught that it's bad to complain no matter how bad they have it in life and if they do complain they get frowned upon for it, so they shut up and fake happiness about their living conditions. I know for a fact they use to say its taboo to complain about your problems in a country like Japan so despite people there are unhappy you won't know it because most of them don't complain about it. The only way most people do know is by visiting videos people from there make on youtube about why they are miserable. I'm sure peasants living in Saigon would love to have a lot of money, Vietnamese Americans is already proof of that they care. Same thing with Cambodians. If any of them were giving the chance to make a lot of money they would be obsessed with it like any other person. Because at the end of the day, everyone cares about making a lot of money including some of the phonies on here. Very few people want to live a simple regular life. That's why you live in poorer countries, so you can feel wealthy. Something you can't achieve in the U.S. without being extremely fortunate.
You keep posting talking points going against the "happier abroad" narrative and Winston might ban you lol.
NPCslammer
Junior Poster

Post by NPCslammer »

CannedHam wrote:
March 27th, 2018, 3:57 pm
The thing I can't stand is suburban sprawl and the associated lifestyle. Depressing cookie cutter homes, strip malls filled with the same damn chain stores and restaurants, having to drive everywhere, high taxes etc. On the other hand, large US cities are for the most part, crime infested embarrassing shitholes. Just look at the homeless situation in Seattle/SF, or the crime in places like Chicago or Baltimore.

I was in Hong Kong last year and man was the place filled with ENERGY. Clean, safe, and bustling. My wife and I could leave at 9am and literally wander around until midnight with no need to have a car, wondering how the time passed so quick. If she needed to take the HK metro alone at 11pm, I wouldn't worry at all. In our current city when she takes the bus at 2pm, I worry she'll get harassed by some thug or homeless prick, with the city police useless due to the PC culture that's overtaken politics here.
Funny, I was just thinking about essentially the same thing as what you posted as I took a walk here in Korea. The cities in Korea kick American cities in the ass for a multitude of reasons. For starters, they are MUCH nicer looking and cleaner, generally speaking. And when I mean cleaner and nicer, I mean overwhelmingly cleaner and nicer. They do an incredible job here of planting very meticulously placed flower bed ands trees on the sidewalks that’s sometimes eye candy to look at. Whatever taxpayer funded landscaping most of the places in America have is utterly abysmal looking compared to what I regularly see in Korea.

Safety-Is this even necessary to mention? Korean cities are a million times safer than American cities, and you never EVER see crazy drugs addicts or any kind illegal drugs over here. You rarely or never see homeless people out in street. And you don’t see too many nutcases loudly talking to themselves out in the street.

Walkability-Throughout the city there are walking paths, usually nice brick walking paths that have an asphalt biking lane next to it. These walking paths are all over the place. Even on the smaller highways they have walking paths, so you could walk a long distance to the next city area if you wanted to. They also have many long distance walking/jogging/biking paths that follow a river or something. So if you wanted to ride your bike long distance or jog there’s plenty of those places.

The shopping/business areas are a million times more interesting than American cities. For one, many of the business buildings have neon signs on nearly every floor of the building. While in America you just see the boring ass building, walk inside and find out which floor you need to go to by looking at a guide.

The public transportation makes U.S. public transportation look like an absolute joke. They have a very user friendly color coded system for the buses, subways, and trains and reasonable prices for everything. They have these T money cards you buy which work on all the buses, subways and trains, and it’s just too easy to refill using cash or card.

Murican cities=Boring as hell, dirty, crime ridden, soul sucking, graffiti covered, decaying crap stains