So has ANYONE moved abroad since I last logged-in?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: So has ANYONE moved abroad since I last logged-in?

Post by Jester »

zboy1 wrote:
Jester wrote:
terminator wrote:So has ANYONE moved abroad since I last logged-in or are we all still "naval-gazing" and planning our escape? I hope someone actually goes overseas and reports it here as these are my favourite threads. By the way, this is a rant so don't take it literally...
IMO this site needs not only moderator, but an Enforcer. Someone to kick asses of those who don't take action.

Me most of all.

I welcome the rant.

Like a halftime speech in a football movie.
Funny you should say that, Jester, since I recommended to Winston that he add one or two more moderators to this forum. I recommended you and E_Irizzary as candidates.
I'm flattered.
:mrgreen:

But maybe that's like being a chaperon at the prom? A big honor, but not so much fun?

:lol:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

This is a silly question. All you have to do is look at the trip reports section and you will see reports from many who have gone abroad.

viewforum.php?f=11

I'm not sure if having more moderators is a good idea. We are supposed to keep control and censorship at a minimal here remember? If more controllers with opinions are here, that may increase the censorship here. Then we will get complaints about that too. You can't please everyone.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Post by aozora13 »

I think Terminator is talking about how on average, the posters are from the US, Canada, UK, Australia (sometimes New Zealand) and want to move to a foreign country but just keep talking and wishing they do it without taking much action.

It is difficult to move to another country and the cost and adjustment is not cheap either. You generally will have a goal and plan out what you need to do in order to travel.

I am hopping that I can move abroad hopefully in Summer/Fall 2014 (est) since I am getting really tired of the US and miss being able to live in another country as I did over a year ago. Some of the posters here either want to find a decent (non-western) women and are okay with the business aspects of Anglo (or Western) nations.

Some of the other posters want to move away because society is generally low quality today with majority of women in North America | Europe |Oceania (Australia, New Zealand) and somewhat Japan as it is Asian-western hybrid country but still better than the Anglo countries. Also South Africa.

Trip Reports only give a summary of Tourist travels except for someone who lived there such as Xiangmao (UK) who has been there for about 90 days which is at least better than 1-2 week trip to a country. Rock is also a good person too.

I hope that there are an increase of men from North America (mainly) who will be able to take calculated risks in living in South America, Asia, and eastern Europe | Russia to be in a better environment than in the US.
terminator
Junior Poster

Post by terminator »

aozora13 wrote:I think Terminator is talking about how on average, the posters are from the US, Canada, UK, Australia (sometimes New Zealand) and want to move to a foreign country but just keep talking and wishing they do it without taking much action.

It is difficult to move to another country and the cost and adjustment is not cheap either. You generally will have a goal and plan out what you need to do in order to travel.

I am hopping that I can move abroad hopefully in Summer/Fall 2014 (est) since I am getting really tired of the US and miss being able to live in another country as I did over a year ago. Some of the posters here either want to find a decent (non-western) women and are okay with the business aspects of Anglo (or Western) nations.

Some of the other posters want to move away because society is generally low quality today with majority of women in North America | Europe |Oceania (Australia, New Zealand) and somewhat Japan as it is Asian-western hybrid country but still better than the Anglo countries. Also South Africa.

Trip Reports only give a summary of Tourist travels except for someone who lived there such as Xiangmao (UK) who has been there for about 90 days which is at least better than 1-2 week trip to a country. Rock is also a good person too.

I hope that there are an increase of men from North America (mainly) who will be able to take calculated risks in living in South America, Asia, and eastern Europe | Russia to be in a better environment than in the US.
Yes, you got my drift! I really wanted to (1) hear any new engagements or adventures and (2) admonish the many guys seem to "use" us for a free source of travel/visa info but never write-back to tell us about their "new" lives. By the way, nobody I know of have ever lived in Russia as they NEVER give residence permits - even to husbands of Russian wives....
terminator
Junior Poster

Re: So has ANYONE moved abroad since I last logged-in?

Post by terminator »

***JP*** wrote:
terminator wrote:So has ANYONE moved abroad since I last logged-in or are we all still "naval-gazing" and planning our escape? I hope someone actually goes overseas and reports it here as these are my favourite threads. By the way, this is a rant so don't take it literally...
I'm currently in the process of getting my residence permit so I can finally move to Lithuania to reunite with my wife. I will be posting as soon as my residence permit is approved.
All the best for your new life! You're my all-time favorite member of HA as you have "lived the dream" - I just wish you'd post a photo of yourself and your wife so I can match faces to the story.
terminator
Junior Poster

Post by terminator »

zboy1 wrote:Well, quite a few people already live overseas, so you can ask them about their experiences rather than make whining posts on this forum--like you, Terminator. As for your question, Xiongmao, Falcon, Eurobrat, Magnum (he was in China, now back in the States) and SkateboradStephen have or are currently living overseas, while some members like RobinHood, JP and Chanta found foreign wives and bought them back to their home countries.

I, Ghost, and Mguy will all be going to Asia sometime this fall and next year...so there you have it. When are you going overseas, Terminator?
Awesome! I can't wait to read about everyone's trips. This year I'm moving to either Rio, or Spain depending on my work prospects and how the EU crisis plays out.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Well I have been in China for 3.5 months. I have been here there any everywhere. I have dated. I have survived about 40 thunderstorms. I am now ready to blog about my experiences...

mangoestochina.blogspot.com

Considering I have completely scrapped my previous life and replaced it with a new life, I'm feeling pretty darned good about it all!
Last edited by xiongmao on June 5th, 2013, 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Killhoffa
Freshman Poster

Post by Killhoffa »

xiongmao wrote:Well I have been in China for 3.5 months. I have been here there any everywhere. I have dated. I have survived about 40 thunderstorms. I am now ready to blog about my experiences...

mangoestochina.blogspot.com

Considering I have completely scrapped my previous life and replaced it with a new life, I'm feeling pretty darned good about it all!
This is excellent, wow this blog helped lift my spirits as theres always that linguiring doubt. As I'm a truck driver and practically live in a truck, so the fear of living abroad is not a scare its the money issue, creating the passive income. Guess I'll have to cut back on sushi, buffalo and elk stakes. Less time on playstation and working out. As I'm not your typical huge stereotypical trucker. If you really want a change your going to have to sacrifice for a sacrifice!
A WOMAN'S THOUGHTS DO NOT DEFINE A MAN; NOR DO HER EXPECTATIONS DICTATE HIS LIMITATIONS!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

xiongmao wrote:Yeah, I'm in China and I'm likely to stay until... well until I find a wife really. It's a bit of an open ended trip.

Going back to the UK at the beginning of July though. I don't really want to, but it's getting seriously hot here so it might be a good time to bale for a month or two.

It would be nice if more guys would actually GO abroad, rather than just read about others doing it.
I here immigration policy has turned the UK in to just a complete mess and the native European's are running for the hills. The Elite are destroying Western civilization on purpose from what I am seeing and reading.
Time to Hide!
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

Moretorque wrote:
xiongmao wrote:Yeah, I'm in China and I'm likely to stay until... well until I find a wife really. It's a bit of an open ended trip.

Going back to the UK at the beginning of July though. I don't really want to, but it's getting seriously hot here so it might be a good time to bale for a month or two.

It would be nice if more guys would actually GO abroad, rather than just read about others doing it.
I here immigration policy has turned the UK in to just a complete mess and the native European's are running for the hills. The Elite are destroying Western civilization on purpose from what I am seeing and reading.
Sweden also..have you heard of all the riots in Stockholm lately...now that is a mess.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

terminator wrote:
zboy1 wrote:Well, quite a few people already live overseas, so you can ask them about their experiences rather than make whining posts on this forum--like you, Terminator. As for your question, Xiongmao, Falcon, Eurobrat, Magnum (he was in China, now back in the States) and SkateboradStephen have or are currently living overseas, while some members like RobinHood, JP and Chanta found foreign wives and bought them back to their home countries.

I, Ghost, and Mguy will all be going to Asia sometime this fall and next year...so there you have it. When are you going overseas, Terminator?
Awesome! I can't wait to read about everyone's trips. This year I'm moving to either Rio, or Spain depending on my work prospects and how the EU crisis plays out.
Thanks. Will, of course, do a trip report about my time in China, if possible.
GodNnelg
Freshman Poster

Post by GodNnelg »

So I'm curious, what do you do job-wise over in China Xiongmao?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

terminator wrote:By the way, nobody I know of have ever lived in Russia as they NEVER give residence permits - even to husbands of Russian wives....
For what it's worth I think TEFL is the only way to stay in Russia for a year or more at a stretch.

I realize that that is not residency.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 13th, 2020, 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Ghost wrote:I'm going to China in a little over 2 weeks to teach English. Got my work visa and plane ticket already and just making some final preparations. 8)
Hence your screenname. Nice.