People Who Don't Suck

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

People Who Don't Suck

Post by fschmidt »

For the last few years I have been searching for people who don't suck. So far I found nothing. My research has yielded the following:

Modern culture sucks. No explanation needed.

Christians suck. They use faith as an excuse to avoid morality (except some Anabaptist sects). They think 3=1. They don't tolerate independent thought.

Rabbinic Jews suck. Most are liberals, see modern culture above. The rest are Orthodox who are racist and reject logic.

Average people suck. I tried organizing a group locally based on biblical values. The people like to talk, but when it comes to action, forget about it.

I don't have direct experience with the rest of humanity, but I assume that the vast majority of them suck because from history I know that the only way people don't suck is if they have some moral code to set them straight, and most of modern humanity doesn't have this. For a more religious explanation of this, see Why Act Biblically?.

So what does that leave? All I can think of is Japanese and Karaites. I mentioned Japanese before. Karaites are an obscure form of Judaism that actually follows the Old Testament and rejects the Talmud. They are mostly in Israel. So I need to start planning trips to Japan and Israel. (I am going to Brazil in May, so the other trips will be after that.) I will report back.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

You ever been to Israel? I was there for a week.

I suppose the best one can do is only to judge individuals.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

abcdavid01 wrote:You ever been to Israel? I was there for a week.
I was there twice. I like Jerusalem. The Orthodox have decent morals but my family would never fit in with them. I haven't visited the Karaites which is why I would go back.
I suppose the best one can do is only to judge individuals.
I explained my view on judging individuals in Trust. Of the few individuals that I trusted, one went crazy, one killed himself, and one screwed me over. So at this point, I would rather focus on finding a sane community.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

You are trying to find people who don't suck and you're leaning towards Jews!?

Perhaps to be great a man has to choose the honorable path for himself, not fall into it as part of the herd. I prefer those who aren't necessarily perfect but they are a real person, an individual not mass produced and predictable. When I hear "people suck" I think of mediocrity. Feckless cowards, like the modern man in developed nations. But fschmidt seems to mean people who are not restrained from dishonest behavior via culture and religious laws and won't sleep with his wife behind his back. I prefer the idea of mainland China which has both extremes of people, to Taiwan which seems more lukewarm. Sure the people are more likely to return your wallet if you leave it on the subway, but they are not living honorably from the spirit but from conforming to social pressure and their upbringing.

If you go to Japan you'll surely find most people have admirable traits, if you go to America you'll probably find the opposite. But the people I respect more are those who are good even in complete freedom, which is not what exists in Japan with its insane levels of conformity and its culture of shame.

By saying people suck you're just deluding yourself.

abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

odbo wrote:I respect more are those who are good even in complete freedom
Amazing insight and absolutely true.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

I understand your pain. You actually want Christians that actually act like Christians. Welcome to the club. I am curious about some of the Asian countries, like Philippines, China, Japan, etc. maybe South America as well. IDK. Still wondering this as well.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Most Americans, Canadians, British, and other Anglos who call themselves Christians are not Christians. Actions speak louder than words. Swindlers, liars, cheats, corrupt politicians, and whores might call themselves Christians but they are not Christians.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Postponing your search for morality to take a trip to Brazil seems strangely inconsistent.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

MrPeabody wrote:Postponing your search for morality to take a trip to Brazil seems strangely inconsistent.
Why? Brazil has the largest number of Catholics in the world, so why not take a trip to Rio to the see Christ the Redeemer statue and enjoy a little R&R at the same time :lol:

HenryGeorge
Freshman Poster

Post by HenryGeorge »

Mohandas Gandhi nailed it:

fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

MrPeabody wrote:Postponing your search for morality to take a trip to Brazil seems strangely inconsistent.
It's partly a business trip since I work with people in Brazil.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

Eeeewww, Gandhi. That new age, perverted old man. :D

People who are REAL are those that I like, but DON'T want to gravitate towards. 99.95% of humanity will suck the life from your very soul, before they truly help you.

odbo, I always wondered why damned souls always look for their masters, the jews. Perplexing.
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

I want to start my own business or become a remote worker so I can live wherever in the world I want to and pack up and go whenever I want to. I'd start by going to Vietnam or China, find a nice little house and invite over some attractive Chinese women.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

HenryGeorge wrote:Mohandas Gandhi nailed it:

That is so true. It is even more true today then when he originally stated that.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com