POF deleted my profile again!

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Twobrains
Freshman Poster

POF deleted my profile again!

Post by Twobrains »

Sorry, I have to rant. I set up a profile on Plentyoffish about three weeks ago. I didn't spam anyone, in fact I only made contact with one woman and our exchange was polite. My profile is inoffensive and pretty vanilla. But today I went to login and my username is not recognised. I tried the recover password page and my email address doesn't exist on their database, apparently. The address in question gets very little traffic and has not been compromised or abused in any way.

This is the third time POF have deleted my profile in 4 years! WTF??

They never give a reason and you can't re-register with the same email or username.

Xiongmao, if you're reading this - you know how these sites work - what could be the reason? The only thing I can think of is that I often use a VPN so my IP moves from country to country sometimes as I connect with different servers. I had a lot of trouble lately with my usual server so I had to try a few others whilst the VPN service tries to troubleshoot my problem.

I hate that f***ing site!!! Trouble is, it's pretty much the only free dating site that local women use. OKCupid has only about 5 women in my area.
"As long as you make an identity for yourself out of the pain, you cannot become free of it." Eckhart Tolle

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

noog
Freshman Poster

Post by noog »

You get what you pay for :). Maybe it's a blessing and a sign to spend more time on international dating sites.
"Take a bold and unconventional action, then you'll find out who your friends are."

"Trying to find good American women is like trying to ice skate in a volcano."
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

or maybe its a sign to leave your masturbation station and start banging some real p***y
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

It could have well been a technical mistake (database crash?) which led to a bunch of profiles, including yours, to be deleted. Perhaps sites like POF are skimming more of their ever-shrinking revenues by doing away with basic IT maintenance, or outsourcing it to happy go lucky amateurs the other side of the world.

Have you tried the social network-oriented sites like Zoosk or Badoo? There is a small fee to pay, but at least in London there's a lot of local women registered. An ex-colleague of mine found his girlfriend on Zoosk, a very cute and serious Vietnamese girl.
Twobrains
Freshman Poster

Post by Twobrains »

@noog - Yes, you get what you pay for. I looked at Match but I think it's damned expensive considering how few members they have in my region.

@PD I'm already on Badoo - met one woman from there. I'd forgotten about Zoosk, so I'll take a look, thanks.
"As long as you make an identity for yourself out of the pain, you cannot become free of it." Eckhart Tolle
Christianfilipinacom
Freshman Poster

Post by Christianfilipinacom »

POF has an aggressive anti-scammer system. And it works. We advertise on their site, and their traffic has one of the lowest percentages of scammers. I'm sure it was your IPs that did it.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Christianfilipinacom wrote:POF has an aggressive anti-scammer system. And it works. We advertise on their site, and their traffic has one of the lowest percentages of scammers. I'm sure it was your IPs that did it.
This quote makes the most sense. They have a team of people whom look for two radically different IPs on the same account login information...if they see that, they will erase the profile without banning or give you a warning to one of the accounts you use.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!