there-is-something-seriously-wrong-with-young-men-in-america

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Johnny
Freshman Poster

there-is-something-seriously-wrong-with-young-men-in-america

Post by Johnny »

FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster

Post by FreeYourMind »

Almost all the comments afterwards rip the author of that article a new one for his white knight misandric point of view. He's probably middle aged or older and is oblivious to just how toxic Cupcake has become during the past 15 or so years. Lots of men are waking up, as anti-feminist, anti-misandry comments now dominate when they are permitted after articles spewing forth the same old tired feminist lies and propaganda.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on November 18th, 2019, 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

I love how all of the comments are defending men's rights. It's a good day when less and less men in western countries are going the mangina route.
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
jboy
Freshman Poster

Post by jboy »

There is something seriously wrong with the whole of US. Stop blaming the young men. If anything, young men going crazy shit is a symptom, not the problem.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

I read that article on TheEconomicCollapseBlog and I found it a good product of Michael's pen: dry, factual, insishgtful and straight to the point. All the stats he gathered up and concisely commented are all verifiable. What's not verifiable is only the massive correlation you attribute of why US young men behave as they behave and the various aspects of your usual definition of "feminism".

Michael is saying something quite true, if not banal: more and more young men and women in the US - and lots of Western cultures I may add - are (or a least act) lazy, immature, materialistic, superficial, psychotic. I don't buy the BS that if Adam Lanza had been courted and laid multiple times by blonde hotties, he wouldn't have turned his Mom's guns agains harmless children. I don't buy the BS that it's the promiscuity of American women (high school, college, adult) that pushes their male counterparts to the limits of insanity.

AW may be as bad as you like them to portray, but they exhibit behaviours that are quite common to young men. The thing some of you refuse to see is how evenly spread this phenomenon is. The fact most of you are good guys with a traditional (if not a bit naive) take on male/female dynamics does not mean all of the US (or Western) men are immune from the collective lobotomy of this post-industrial world setting.

The horror movie unfolding before our eyes is that of a social fabric compromised by the same toxic mix of entitlement and materialism, in a world that doesn't have good jobs, and not even good motives to have a good job, where both men and women are morally allowed to have sex with whoever they want as soon as they turn puberal. As soon as those young women and men will stop sucking on their baby boomer parent bank accounts, they will realise not only that they won't be able to sustain their lifestyles for long - but even their most titanic efforts will be unlikely to give them the levels of financial and personal stability afforded to their parents! And when they will come to this realisation, they won't even have the psychological and ethical solidity to face it, become resourceful and find new means to survive. Many of them will simply go insane, perhaps they will pull a Lanza with their kitchen knifes or homebrewed chemical weapons, as somebody here hinted at.

I for one have nothing to object to Michael Snyder's words. I have been reading him for years and I feel I have never felt closer to someone's prose, both in contents and style.
FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster

Post by FreeYourMind »

publicduende wrote:I read that article on TheEconomicCollapseBlog and I found it a good product of Michael's pen: dry, factual, insishgtful and straight to the point. All the stats he gathered up and concisely commented are all verifiable. What's not verifiable is only the massive correlation you attribute of why US young men behave as they behave and the various aspects of your usual definition of "feminism".

Michael is saying something quite true, if not banal: more and more young men and women in the US - and lots of Western cultures I may add - are (or a least act) lazy, immature, materialistic, superficial, psychotic. I don't buy the BS that if Adam Lanza had been courted and laid multiple times by blonde hotties, he wouldn't have turned his Mom's guns agains harmless children. I don't buy the BS that it's the promiscuity of American women (high school, college, adult) that pushes their male counterparts to the limits of insanity.

AW may be as bad as you like them to portray, but they exhibit behaviours that are quite common to young men. The thing some of you refuse to see is how evenly spread this phenomenon is. The fact most of you are good guys with a traditional (if not a bit naive) take on male/female dynamics does not mean all of the US (or Western) men are immune from the collective lobotomy of this post-industrial world setting.

The horror movie unfolding before our eyes is that of a social fabric compromised by the same toxic mix of entitlement and materialism, in a world that doesn't have good jobs, and not even good motives to have a good job, where both men and women are morally allowed to have sex with whoever they want as soon as they turn puberal. As soon as those young women and men will stop sucking on their baby boomer parent bank accounts, they will realise not only that they won't be able to sustain their lifestyles for long - but even their most titanic efforts will be unlikely to give them the levels of financial and personal stability afforded to their parents! And when they will come to this realisation, they won't even have the psychological and ethical solidity to face it, become resourceful and find new means to survive. Many of them will simply go insane, perhaps they will pull a Lanza with their kitchen knifes or homebrewed chemical weapons, as somebody here hinted at.

I for one have nothing to object to Michael Snyder's words. I have been reading him for years and I feel I have never felt closer to someone's prose, both in contents and style.
Wow, I apparently missed that. Could you please provide links to the writers who have maintained this?
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

FreeYourMind wrote:
publicduende wrote:I read that article on TheEconomicCollapseBlog and I found it a good product of Michael's pen: dry, factual, insishgtful and straight to the point. All the stats he gathered up and concisely commented are all verifiable. What's not verifiable is only the massive correlation you attribute of why US young men behave as they behave and the various aspects of your usual definition of "feminism".

Wow, I apparently missed that. Could you please provide links to the writers who have maintained this?
There are no links. By blaming feminism and the evil young women who reject men and don't make them feel men enough, people are implying the opposite: that more subservient women (the mythical "there's a sure nice woman for every nice man") would have made young men better people: kinder, more honest and disciplined, keener to start a family. The fact is, even those alpha douchebags who seem to bed all the hotties, leaving the Lanzas and potential Lanzas to bleed dry, even those guys are just as pathetic and immature.

Mine is just an invitation to look at the big picture of the cultural degeneration of US/Western society without throwing ourselves into the poor man's war of "it's the wimminz fault, it's the men's fault".
FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster

Post by FreeYourMind »

publicduende wrote:
FreeYourMind wrote:

There are no links. By blaming feminism and the evil young women who reject men and don't make them feel men enough, people are implying the opposite: that more subservient women (the mythical "there's a sure nice woman for every nice man") would have made young men better people: kinder, more honest and disciplined, keener to start a family. The fact is, even those alpha douchebags who seem to bed all the hotties, leaving the Lanzas and potential Lanzas to bleed dry, even those guys are just as pathetic and immature.

Mine is just an invitation to look at the big picture of the cultural degeneration of US/Western society without throwing ourselves into the poor man's war of "it's the wimminz fault, it's the men's fault".
Somehow I knew there wouldn't be any links. I guess that's what's called "dramatic license." You're nothing but a rabid feminist propagandist who makes up whatever you want to fit your lies.

Why is this feminazi troll still posting here?
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

FreeYourMind wrote:
publicduende wrote:
FreeYourMind wrote:

Somehow I knew there wouldn't be any links. I guess that's what's called "dramatic license." You're nothing but a rabid feminist propagandist who makes up whatever you want to fit your lies.

Why is this feminazi troll still posting here?
You clearly didn't get me. And you never will. What links do you expect? Go and read the relevant comments section.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/arch ... in-america

I even remember there was a couple of the usual comments from ours truly Peter Nolan. Anyway, just keep on trolling here - it's probably the only cocoon you can hide in. Or, wake up and look at the big picture.
Last edited by publicduende on December 29th, 2012, 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

Well, there are other threads about this article - e.g. viewtopic.php?t=17105 The surprising thing is there are ANY young men still functioning in feminist countries - I mean there's NOTHING in marriage for men now, so why are so many even having girlfriends? Men should follow Russian men and only have 2-3 girlfriends at the same time - OK, AW are more stand-offish than Russian women, so they are harder to 2 or 3-time. But Aplha guys could and should just have many girlfriends...
Last edited by polya on December 29th, 2012, 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster

Post by FreeYourMind »

Oh, I get you all right. Your agenda couldn't be more obvious. Nothing like accusing me of being what you are when I call you out on one of your numerous lies and your innumerable blatantly feminist propaganda posts.

Unfortunately this remains a site that is easily trolled. Zboy has done a good job as moderator, but there is still a ways to go.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

FreeYourMind wrote:Oh, I get you all right. Your agenda couldn't be more obvious. Nothing like accusing me of being what you are when I call you out on one of your numerous lies and your innumerable blatantly feminist propaganda posts.

Unfortunately this remains a site that is easily trolled. Zboy has done a good job as moderator, but there is still a ways to go.
Call me whatever you like. Assuming you're young and from the US, you're the one who is being directly affected by what Michael is talking about. It's your responsibility to digest the information you find online and apply your critical thinking, hopefully one that goes beyond partitioning the world in feminists and non-feminists.

Of course this site is "easily trolled": if you call a troll whoever has a discordant opinion to yours... :)
FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster

Post by FreeYourMind »

lol

No, I'm not young, and I'm certainly not naive.

Yeah, you're one of the 5% of commenters after the article who agreed with what your friend Michael wrote. Big surprise there. What's important about your buddy's article is the huge backlash it generated in the comments section on a conservative site. Men are waking up, thank God. You're a dinosaur, and I'm looking forward to the day when your feminist propaganda no longer appears on Happier Abroad.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

FreeYourMind wrote:lol

No, I'm not young, and I'm certainly not naive.

Yeah, you're one of the 5% of commenters after the article who agreed with what your friend Michael wrote. Big surprise there. What's important about your buddy's article is the huge backlash it generated in the comments section on a conservative site. Men are waking up, thank God. You're a dinosaur, and I'm looking forward to the day when your feminist propaganda no longer appears on Happier Abroad.
You're not young and maybe not so naive, yet you're behaving like one of those immature and a-critical boys Michael is mentioning in his post. His post are usually republished on different sites, each with different audiences, so wildly different responses are quite likely. What's important is to learn and respect people who think differently than you, not calling them names. Why are you calling my ideas "feminist propaganda" just because it doesn't fit your world view?

Like I have said umpteenth times, this kind of hatred and paranoias won't get you anywhere, they won't improve your dating and social life by one iota. Grow up.