I HATE life in America

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

odbo wrote:
Right on! These guys hit the nail on the head. :D
Far more. They're not jaded Americans whose only interest is getting a degree so they can get a job and buy a car.
You know when they smile to you, and then they turn their backs to you: Two-faced.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 25th, 2018, 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disillusioned_American
Freshman Poster

Post by Disillusioned_American »

Jackal wrote:
Tsar wrote:Would I be correct to assume there wouldn't be much competition in E. Europe compared to America. Would they date a guy who can provide for them, treat them with respect, actually desire a "nice guy"? Wouldn't a 7 or 8 in attractiveness, 22-30 age range, and a good job almost be a perfect recipe for success?
Oh, there is competition because girls in these countries often also like poor, but cool guys from the towns where they grew up, and the genetics are often so good in these countries that the men are as handsome as the women are beautiful. It's not like the women are all goddesses and the men are all toothless, vodka-drinking hobos! lol Stereotypes aren't reality. At least this is my impression of the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania, and Hungary. I don't know much about the other ones.
This is absolutely true indeed. The average Croatian guy, for instance, is probably far better looking than the average anglo guy according to worldwide standards on attractiveness. Men from E. Europe are often pretty well built too, and their is no shortage of good looking guys who have good style and who are very confident in themselves. If you are some awkward White, Black, or Asian guy from the States who thinks it will be easy pickings for you if come to E. Europe, you will be in for a rude awakening.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Disillusioned_American wrote:
Jackal wrote:
Tsar wrote:Would I be correct to assume there wouldn't be much competition in E. Europe compared to America. Would they date a guy who can provide for them, treat them with respect, actually desire a "nice guy"? Wouldn't a 7 or 8 in attractiveness, 22-30 age range, and a good job almost be a perfect recipe for success?
Oh, there is competition because girls in these countries often also like poor, but cool guys from the towns where they grew up, and the genetics are often so good in these countries that the men are as handsome as the women are beautiful. It's not like the women are all goddesses and the men are all toothless, vodka-drinking hobos! lol Stereotypes aren't reality. At least this is my impression of the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania, and Hungary. I don't know much about the other ones.
This is absolutely true indeed. The average Croatian guy, for instance, is probably far better looking than the average anglo guy according to worldwide standards on attractiveness. Men from E. Europe are often pretty well built too, and their is no shortage of good looking guys who have good style and who are very confident in themselves.
Russia has the lowest handsome men to beautiful women ratio; Ukraine probably the highest ( in E. Europe, because of the rich topsoil that fills people with fresh vitamins from all the food they eat. But many girls do not have money hence Western guys can still score well. Russian men who go to Ukraine do not do well. You never see them chasing Ukrainian women. But you see Americans doing that.
If you are some awkward White, Black, or Asian guy from the States who thinks it will be easy pickings for you if come to E. Europe, you will be in for a rude awakening.
Yeah, but it depends where in E. Europe they go. They should definitely not go to Croatia or Slovenia. They should stick with E. Russia and E. Ukraine. For now, at least. Or maybe Belarus.
Last edited by ladislav on November 12th, 2012, 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

ladislav wrote:Russia has the lowest handsome men to beautiful women ratio.
There does seem to be more good looking women in Russia than there are good looking men. I believe America has the highest ratio of good looking men to good looking women. In the US it seems like there are A LOT more good looking men than there are good looking women.

Maybe this explains why I see so many unattractive women dating good looking men here in the US. I also see women who look like beached whales dating guys who are in shape. :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Ghost wrote:It's weird for me now because the thing I lack - the only thing I have ever really lacked - is sex and female companionship. Never had it. Been on two or three dates. Nothing romantic or sexual. Frustrates the hell out of me. But other than that? I don't really have any other problems. Well, a decent job would be nice, but all things considered...

I had a happy childhood and have a wonderful family (parents, et. al.) I have a handful of friends and a larger number of acquaintances. I have four close friends, a couple more who aren't as close, and plenty of acquaintances from college or work and so on.

And although I am happy with a lot of my life, it is all so splintered. Physical and other distances keep friends at bay a lot of times. No female companionship will ever happen here.

I'm not very attractive, although I used to better. What looks I did have deteriorated pretty much. I'm white and tall. Doesn't do shit for me. I think this place gets a little crazy sometimes, and when race gets into the picture, guys who would otherwise agree on most everything and would probably have each others backs in real life will play into the narrative of us versus them. And I guess because this is the internet, it's easy to fall for.

And ironically, is it not the rotten culture making tracks even into this place? Maybe it will win no matter what. But if you can escape, then perhaps you can become more than just a race, an ethnicity, a skin color. You can become more than looks and height and a bank account. You can be a man and liked by women for whatever and whoever you are. For the American men, it is too late as a group. They're hanging together as fools as we speak. But for those of us initiated, we of all men should see the folly of that.
+1
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

I rarely post videos, but this thread reminds me of one of my favorite music videos:

Free
Freshman Poster

Post by Free »

'
Dragon wrote:
lone_yakuza wrote:I don't get why there are so many white/western-european descent guys on this board. From what I have seen, most white guys are hanging out with buddies and having a pretty good time and getting lots of girls, many of those girls pretty good looking.

Or maybe it's because many of these guys treat their "friends" more like enemies and constantly psychologically attack each other and compete against each other for women? Who knows?

I'm just surprised there aren't more minorities on this board, especially the Asian American male variety, cause I see tons of very isolated Asian American guys with basically no social group, no friends, only their job to live for. It's like 75%-90% of the Asian American guys I see are like this (depends on area).

I also see that 75% of white/WASP/western European Americans have pretty large groups of friends, go sailing, go to the beach, have great social lives, have no problems dating......

I guess some of you guys are of the 25% who don't do those things or simply think American women are too demanding? Cause I'm pretty sure most anglo/western european american folk would say that life, especially social life is pretty good in the US. I mean white dudes have Asian girls begging to suck on their dicks everywhere they go, especially in the US.
Wow. So much angst in that post.

You actually bring up a serious point. It's something I've been wondering for a long time, ever since I've been reading reading the forums. I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but it appears a lot of the guys here are somewhat the "losers" of society. Not that they're actual losers, but in terms of Western society, they may be regarded as such. This typically includes those who did not graduate from college, or even if they did, they were not successful in obtaining good paying jobs. Consequently, these guys may be near the bottom of the socioeconomic ladder and are by default denied access to a lot of "go sailing and to the beach" social circles. A lot of them also seem to believe in conspiracy theories to an unhealthy extent. Some may be grossly overweight or simply unattractive. Others may be super introverts that can't express themselves well in this extroverted culture. All this sums up to having limited female choices in the US, even if they're white.

I can't help but sometimes feel that this forum and others like it is where the "social rejects" of society flock to, because they have no other choice. Not that I think any of them are actual losers, but societies such as in the West would consider them trash--while overseas societies may consider them decent people, especially the women.
I agree, we're definitely not the majority obviously. As has been said, looking around seeing the masses getting along, it's clear to see this forum is of the minority, white members included. But as was just said, this does not make the members here "losers". Sure several have been dealt a hard blow of this sort kicked into a minority gutter. Why? Who knows. Just the way some things happen. Like how the hurricane battered NJ/NY and not Virginia. Why? Just the way it was. Some people get blows and other don't. Some get them in one type of form, others don't. I believe in paths for each individual. In the case here, there is a path of the masses in general, and with their relationships, mating, etc., they're on that main path. Then there are particular paths for minorities of society. So yes, some "lose", are labeled "losers", miss out, but it also can just be their path, their lot in life. A different sort of purpose.
Some may call Winston a loser for example, but look at the many insightful words (outside of the dating realm, in regards to social confines, freedom, etc) he has been able to give to those of the world reading here. If he wasn't on that "loser" path as others describe, well, he wouldn't have done these other beneficial things. Sometimes more beneficial than just being amongst the general masses.

Just a different angle to look at it all. It is nice to be of the "normal" crowd, but not all are meant to be, maybe different purposes. So be it.
"Give me liberty or give me death" - Patrick Henry
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

ladislav wrote: They should definitely not go to Croatia or Slovenia. They should stick with E. Russia and E. Ukraine. For now, at least. Or maybe Belarus.
Belarus, got it.

East Ukraine, do you mean where they speak Russian, or just where they are Orthodox instead of Catholic? (On Winston's banner ads, when I click them, all the girls I like are from Ukraine, and ususally from Kherson.)

East Russia means what? East of Moscow rural? Or Russian Far East?
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 23rd, 2013, 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

leavingusa wrote: It's worse than that. If there is one thing that's off about you, you are f***ed. Also some of us are over 25-30 and at that point, things go downhill fast. There's just no single girls.
If you are talking to a girl and you say something that's a little boring she will just walk away from you or say she has to go. Women are usually attracted to me initially so I see this a lot, when I say I'm in IT they instantly lose interest.
If you are not running with a large crowd then you will have a hard time meeting girls and if you do not like football, drinking, and shit like that you are a freak and and outcast. Sure there are emos and other groups but you have to fit in somewhere or you are done. A lot of it boils down to having any individuality at all, get rid of it.

Speaking from personal experience, social life in the US was easy back in college when you saw the same classmates every week. However, once you graduate and go into the workforce, suddenly it's like being dumped into an ocean without a life jacket. This is an uphill climb that you must overcome, or else you'll end up at the bottom of the hill.

There was a time when I struggled socially post-college. I was fortunate to have a job (back in late 90's) that sent me abroad to East Asia on short assignments. Besides meeting girls in SG, I was able to travel across Japan-Taiwan-SG-MY. When I came back, I had lots of interesting stories from my trips. At my current workplace, my VP was previously a missionary to Russia, and the QA manager was a missionary to Thailand. They have plenty of interesting stories from their experiences too.

Like you, I worked in IT. I was a sys admin and, in the days before WebEx, my work sent me abroad to Asia offices to teach the local staff how to use IBM Tivoli, Crystal Reports, etc. There are right ways to talk about your work to a girl, and there are wrong ways depending on the target audience. When I discuss my current work in a social setting, I talk about the nerf gun battles and the guy who looks like a gnome. I don't talk about the finer points of agile software development process.

If you find yourself short on interesting topics to talk about in social settings, then you need to go out and get some interesting experiences so you can talk about them. Instead of "alcohol", you should go visit some wineries, and perhaps take wine appreciation classes at your local culinary institute. So instead of going to a bar and try to buy a drink for some chic, you should take girls for a day trip (or weekend trip) to the local winery for wine tasting.

You can impress the ladies by baking your own baked brie cheese bread (very easy to make) to go with the wine, in addition to the fruits and crackers. Instead of spending your time to think about all the reasons why you cannot succeed socially, you should invest that time in going out to experience the world, and acquire the things that would make girls think you're interesting to be with. The same applies when you go abroad, girls overseas are curious about your life in the US, and if you only have shitty things to say about it, then that's a turn-off.

There's nothing wrong being 30 years old. I dated a number of girls in my 30's from North America to Asia. The youngest girl that I dated (not a GF) in terms of age gap was 15 years younger than me, and the girlfriend with the largest age gap was 12 years younger. What you do not wan to be is a boring 30+ year old dude that girls find uninteresting to be with. And if you think sociable topics are limited to football and drinking, then you really need to get out more.

Last edited by momopi on November 13th, 2012, 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Belarus, got it.

East Ukraine, do you mean where they speak Russian, or just where they are Orthodox instead of Catholic? (On Winston's banner ads, when I click them, all the girls I like are from Ukraine, and ususally from Kherson.)

Yes, the Russian speaking part and the further east the better- Donetsk. Luhansk, Dnepropetrovsk. And yes, the more Orthodox the friendlier. Kherson is in the South but it is an anomaly. Like Cebu. Very ethnically mixed population- Greeks, Slavs and Turks.
East Russia would mean east of the Urals and the farther east the better. Maybe Vladivostok is best.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

ladislav wrote:
Belarus, got it.

Yes, the Russian speaking part and the further east the better- Donetsk. Luhansk, Dnepropetrovsk. And yes, the more Orthodox the friendlier. Kherson is in the South but it is an anomaly. Like Cebu. Very ethnically mixed population- Greeks, Slavs and Turks.
East Russia would mean east of the Urals and the farther east the better. Maybe Vladivostok is best.
Thanks!

Suspected Turkish and Greek blood in Kherson. That exotic look in a mostly White girl turns me on.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

momopi wrote: If you find yourself short on interesting topics to talk about in social settings, then you need to go out and get some interesting experiences so you can talk about them. Instead of "alcohol", you should go visit some wineries, and perhaps take wine appreciation classes at your local culinary institute. So instead of going to a bar and try to buy a drink for some chic, you should take girls for a day trip (or weekend trip) to the local winery for wine tasting.

You can impress the ladies by baking your own baked brie cheese bread (very easy to make) to go with the wine, in addition to the fruits and crackers. Instead of spending your time to think about all the reasons why you cannot succeed socially, you should invest that time in going out to experience the world, and acquire the things that would make girls think you're interesting to be with. The same applies when you go abroad, girls overseas are curious about your life in the US, and if you only have shitty things to say about it, then that's a turn-off.
Great suggestions.

One of my sons was a Cubicle Warrior, doing economc studies to support courtroom arguments. He has done a number of things to deal with the boredom/boring life problem:

Horseback riding - private lessons
Acting (community theater)
Boxing (actual public bouts)
Cooking with friends
Mixology
and he just got back from 3 weeks in Burma with 2 friends.

His boss doesn't want to hear about what he's going to do on the weekend - jealous.
Andrewww
Freshman Poster

Post by Andrewww »

Well what happens if after you do all that you still cannot find a soul mate ? Even if you meet an AW she's probably gonna be a boring cubicle slave with nothing to offer you instead of a pair of boobs and a v*****a. Are you gonna give up all those activities in which you put so much time and effort and settle down with her ? Or are you going to ignore anyone whose not as active as you and live like a bachelor all your life ?

Men should not go to great lenghts to find a life parter...if you have a diploma and a nice job then that's all you should ever need. If life gets boring as a couple then you go horseback riding and other stuff. It's much better to do activities with your girlfriend than all by yourself anyway.