To Women: Why Are YOU Joining *OUR* Forums??!

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Ginger wrote:you do it too :P Look how you said "how women" instead of "how some women.." :P

It sets me off when people generalize, sometimes I even butt in when women talk about men stuff at the powder room and they start generalizing men. Just a pet peeve I guess.
Fair enough.....

Ginger wrote:, most (not all) women has the same affliction, being unable to differentiate between good men and bad men.

Thanks for clarifying :)
With all due respect, I do think it's easier for a woman to find a good man than it is for a man to find a good woman.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Re: TO Women: Why Are YOU Joining *OUR* Forums??!

Post by Renata »

1. What’s your nationality/region?
Trinidad & Tobago, West Indies / Living in Turkey

2. What general age-range are you in? 16-20? 20-25? 30’s? 40’s?

3. How did you stumble upon HappierAbroad?
Looking for expats abroad. I did type in something like living happier aboad. I travel alot & have been living outside my country since 2004.

4. How long have you been here?
posting for a few months on & off

5. And what is your general opinions of this place so far? What do you think of the “cultureâ€￾ here?[/b]
I like the male perspective. I find most of the guys would like to be living abroad but most of them aren't. I can relate to that it's not always easy to live abraod with all the immigration & border control, but it's not impossible either.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
1. Why did you join?
After reading some of the posts I wanted to give my opinions too, as well it's also a sort of expat forum & I do network if I end up somewhere where I know no one.

2. Also What did you hope to get out of your experience on HA?
Networking mostly.

3. Are you actually finding it educational? beneficial??
I started participating in couchsurfing, it's a bit scary but adventurous. I didn't know about it until I joined HA. It's the kind of thing that makes the world a bit smaller. I stayed with a guy & his family for a few days & they helped me find an apartment. Then I had an aussie girl stay with me for a few days while she was in Turkey, she works with the media covering Syria.

4. Or did you just join out of curiosity? (to see what all these expat men are talking about??)
Yes that too.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

NorthAmericanguy wrote:
Ginger wrote:I think NorthAmericanGuy may have just missed the part I capitalized the IF and ALL to emphasize the content. (ALL men and women, including me, are subject to selective inattention so no biggie
Hi Ginger.... What set me off is how women always say, "we are all not like that". Yes, we know not all women are bad. The problem is that good men can't differentiate between good women and bad women.
In all honesty, people change'. It could be due to their the commuity/environment, the relationship, personal experiences etc etc. They may be a bad person from the start or they may be a good person and turn out to be bad eventually due to not being compatible with you.

It's all a big risk.

my dear Jester, mucho flattered 8) x
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Atarii
Freshman Poster

Post by Atarii »

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:Phoenix, I like you, I respect you, but I have to respectfully disagree with you on one point-- this forum IS meant for men only for the simple fact that is that it's just us men who have to endure the brunt of the feminist nonsense and the fallout that comes from it (i.e. misandry, datelessness due to absurdly high standards, misandry/anti-male bias in the legal system and in the family court system, et cetera). Females, no matter where they are from, could NOT begin to understand where us men are coming from, and that is why I personally believe females (even though I don't hate females; just strongly dislike Western women) have no place on this forum. Even if she were ugly as sin,
fat as hell, dateless and got no attention here stateside, STILL, as a woman, she would still benefit from the feminist societal double standards and the biased legal system here. For instance, if this girl slept with a guy she liked and he didn't want her, she could file a false rape report in him and get him in major trouble.

It's like I said earlier: females couldn't begin to understand the B.S. that us men put up with, and (as much as I like women, not western ones) that's why they don't belong here. However, if they don't spout off feminist nonsense, then I don't see a problem with them being here.
Isn't it a little silly to say that a woman "benefits" from feminism, even if she is not a feminist, simply because she could theoretically falsely accuse someone of rape and win a court case against him?
Isn't that like saying, "Well, since you're a white male, you have great privileges! For instance, if you were running for president, you are more likely to be chosen over a woman."

Yeah, but you're not running for president. According to your logic, however, you still benefit; yet, isn't the point of this forum about how oppression comes in various forms, and that being a member of a "dominant" race does not make YOU, as a person, dominant?
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

^^^^^^^^^^^This malarkey is why I believe that women should not be allowed here on this forum.

Atarii, you're comparing apples to nukes. No, a woman does NOT have to be a card carrying member of NOW to benefit from feminism. For instance, women rarely (if at all) were employed as police officers prior to the feminist movements of the 1960s & 1970s. Today, there are more women on various police forces around the USA than ever before, and I'm willing to bet that at least 40% of those women are NOT feminist, yet they benefited from feminism.

Prior to 1980s, it was inconceivable for a woman to be in politics in a capacity other than the typing pool. However, because of feminism, the late Margaret Thatcher became one of the most powerful women in the free world (former Prime Minister of England).

Also, minorities benefit from Affirmative Action. In other words, I do not have to support Affirmative Action to benefit from it (even though it would go against my code of honour and ethics). After all, never look a gift horse in the mouth, right?

The point I am trying to make is that even non-feminist women benefit from feminism every day and have been doing so for the past several decades and will continue to benefit until feminism dies.

I am saying this in the assumption that you are a woman: if you are halfway decent looking (even if you are not), go to a bar or tavern on a Ladies' Night, and see how you're treated by not only the staff, but the other male patrons. Then, find a random guy to have sex with, and later decide that he raped you. After that, go to the police crying and sobbing, claiming that you were raped and see how they treat you.

The truth is, you're just trolling us.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...