They are going to steal everything we worked for.

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

Besides, there's going to be a wealth transfer between those who put their faith in their precious dollars and those who are backed by gold and silver.

The world's richest people are currently stocking up on gold and silver so it can't be a bad thing.

Why do you think countries around the world such as China are buying up commodities like their life depends on it?

Silver and gold are going up in price.

Silver is cheap as hell right now at $19 and $20 dollars per ounce.

But I do stress the importance of buying guns, water and food storages.

Heck, learning how to farm would even pay dividends.

I've been buying silver every month for a year.

I listen to guys like Mike Maloney and Robert Kiyosaki who are experts in gold and silver.

The other financial guys say things like,"diversify in stocks, bonds and mutual funds!".

Gold, silver, real estate and oil are unbeatable.

Considering what's going on, you guys haven't given me a good enough reason to stop buying silver.

Cash is trash.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

The dollar is going to zero, do you actually think that the world's richest and most powerful people are going to be totally broke?

Of course not because they will be investing in real estate, gold, silver and oil.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

The value of gold is indisputable because it has been used as money for thousands of years and that is just the facts. There is no use arguing with this. It's probably a good idea to own some as a hedge. I haven't bought any yet because I travel and there is no safe way to get it from one country to another. If you try to leave the country with your Gold it could be confiscated by customs in America or your new country. And then you have to defend it. Holding it physically is a problem. So is leaving it with a third party.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

MrPeabody wrote: I haven't bought any yet because I travel and there is no safe way to get it from one country to another.
You can bring up to $10,000 US worth of gold or silver coins into the Philippines. You just have to declare it as monetary instruments on the customs form. The value of the coins is the market value at the time you enter the country.
Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Post by Rocky Top »

HouseMD wrote:
SilverEnergy wrote:
HouseMD wrote:
SilverEnergy wrote:
Ghost wrote:One of the better "strategies" is to not worry about making too much money. There's a good chance I will never make more than $30k a year. I will almost certainly never own land or a house. (I don't want these things. They seem to be liabilities more than assets - at least in the West, where I don't want to be tied down to anyway.) I believe in traveling lightly through life, and I still have a lot of improvement to make there.

Precious metals are not inherently valuable in a total collapse scenario
, and this is something I have considered for years. What kind of collapse will the U.S. have? Fast or slow? Gradual decline or TSHTF? In a gradual decline, precious metals will have some value for buying and selling. In a total collapse scenario, best have tangible goods. Far better to have a compound and a garden plus lots of guns and ammo in that case. And goody luck defending it alone...

The banksters have been stealing from the little people for thousands of years. It's always a process of figuring out new and more broadly sweeping ways of robbing us all blind. Far better to withdraw as much as possible from their game. And remember, like many guys are increasingly doing...if they are going to steal everything you've worked for...why keep working? ;)
The collapse is going to happen WORLD WIDE, not just the United States.

Gold and silver was always used as money throughout time and gold and silver will NEVER go to zero.

Gold and silver have been going up in price for decades and will continue to do so.

Just like prices will continue to go up.

Remember how much gas cost 12 years ago and now look at what's happened.

A book of stamps costs more than it did a year ago.

As soon as foreign countries start sending our dollars back, that's when the nightmarish hyperinflation will begin.

You should grow your own food and have a gun but you will still need to buy goods and services at some point.

In ancient Greece and Rome, people used gold and silver for economic relief while their fiat currencies went down the toilet.

Same thing will happen this time.
I think you seriously underestimate the consequences of total financial collapse of the entire world economy. Roughly 3/4 of people will be starving and murderous. They won't want your gold, they'll want food. And if your gold can buy food still, they will kill you for your gold. I would kill you if it meant saving my a** and not even flinch. Back in Rome gold worked because people could still use it as a medium of exchange for what they produced. Almost everyone produced something, so you could have an economy based on gold as an exchange for work expended in the production of goods. In the modern economy, such a scenario doesnt work. 95 out of 100 people either produce nothi g or require basic materials that can only be delivered by an advanced economy to produce something. Those 95 people will be murderous once hunger sets in, and our shiny rocks wont save you or give you any rokm to bargain. To believe otherwise is foolish.
I listen to the financial expert Robert Kiyosaki and he says that he IS stocked with guns but he is still equipped with gold and silver AND food storages.

Goods and services will still be sold in some capacity.

Yes, there will be panic.

You had best believe that Donald Trump and Warren Buffet who are PREPARED won't be starving.

Warren and Trump have bought commodities like gold and silver and so has Robert Kiyosaki.

That's why you buy yourself a gun.

The dollars will not be worth anything period.

I'm still buying my silver and no one's going to stop me from buying silver.

There's no harm in buying gold or silver as a wealth transfer is going to happen.

I'm not putting any faith in my dollars, stocks, mutual funds or bonds but you guys can.

People should indeed stock up on food, water and guns.

But I'm still going to collect silver as you nor anyone else has given me a good enough reason not to continue collecting silver.

But you best believe that I will have my food, water and guns locked and loaded.
I'm just saying that in the event of financial collapse, precious metals don't make sense. In many other situations they do, but in a total collapse I'm seriously going to shoot the first guy that tries to give ne some of his gold for my food and leave the rocks on his corpse just to send a message of how worthless they really are.

You're better off with 1000 dollars of food than 1000 dollars of silver in such a scenario, I promise you.

But it won't happen because money is about collective belief and even if the system fell apart tomorrow they would promptly replace it with a new one for the foolish public to buy into and life would continue per tge status quo. Without money, the elites have no excuse for their power nor can they enjoy the luxuries they currently possess, so money will not go away anytime soon.
If we are to believe your Doomsday scenario of precious metals being a wasted investment because 95% of the people would try to take it from you, then what would stop those same people from killing your livestock or robbing your food storages during and economic collapse? And what would stop the govt from just confiscating your property or forcibly moving you off your property? You won't protect your assets behind the barrel of a gun any better than the guy with a safe full of precious metals. in either case, both people are in real danger in a shtf scenario. In fact, my precious metals will be in a safe and/or hidden. It is a lot harder to guard and protect a greenhouse, a garden or livestock. And the govt would be just as much of a threat to rob you in the name of eminent domain or outright confiscation.
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

Guys, we headed towards a NEW monetary system, that's why the collapse is going to happen.

The military are going to instill after the panic strikes and goods and services will be available in some form or fashion.

Once our economy collapses, many people will lose but those who have assets will be the true winners.

Then, we will be introduced to a NEW monetary system and everything will go back to normal again.
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

HouseMD wrote:
SilverEnergy wrote:
HouseMD wrote:
SilverEnergy wrote:
Ghost wrote:One of the better "strategies" is to not worry about making too much money. There's a good chance I will never make more than $30k a year. I will almost certainly never own land or a house. (I don't want these things. They seem to be liabilities more than assets - at least in the West, where I don't want to be tied down to anyway.) I believe in traveling lightly through life, and I still have a lot of improvement to make there.

Precious metals are not inherently valuable in a total collapse scenario
, and this is something I have considered for years. What kind of collapse will the U.S. have? Fast or slow? Gradual decline or TSHTF? In a gradual decline, precious metals will have some value for buying and selling. In a total collapse scenario, best have tangible goods. Far better to have a compound and a garden plus lots of guns and ammo in that case. And good luck defending it alone...

The banksters have been stealing from the little people for thousands of years. It's always a process of figuring out new and more broadly sweeping ways of robbing us all blind. Far better to withdraw as much as possible from their game. And remember, like many guys are increasingly doing...if they are going to steal everything you've worked for...why keep working? ;)
The collapse is going to happen WORLD WIDE, not just the United States.

Gold and silver was always used as money throughout time and gold and silver will NEVER go to zero.

Gold and silver have been going up in price for decades and will continue to do so.

As soon as foreign countries start sending our dollars back, that's when the nightmarish hyperinflation will begin.

You should grow your own food and have a gun but you will still need to buy goods and services at some point.

In ancient Greece and Rome, people used gold and silver for economic relief while their fiat currencies went down the toilet.

I think you seriously underestimate the consequences of total financial collapse of the entire world economy. Roughly 3/4 of people will be starving and murderous. They won't want your gold, they'll want food. And if your gold can buy food still, they will kill you for your gold. I would kill you if it meant saving my a** and not even flinch. Back in Rome gold worked because people could still use it as a medium of exchange for what they produced. Almost everyone produced something, so you could have an economy based on gold as an exchange for work expended in the production of goods. In the modern economy, such a scenario doesnt work. 95 out of 100 people either produce nothi g or require basic materials that can only be delivered by an advanced economy to produce something. Those 95 people will be murderous once hunger sets in, and our shiny rocks wont save you or give you any rokm to bargain. To believe otherwise is foolish.
I listen to the financial expert Robert Kiyosaki and he says that he IS stocked with guns but he is still equipped with gold and silver AND food storages.

You had best believe that Donald Trump and Warren Buffet who are PREPARED won't be starving.

Warren and Trump have bought commodities like gold and silver and so has Robert Kiyosaki.

There's no harm in buying gold or silver as a wealth transfer is going to happen.

I'm not putting any faith in my dollars, stocks, mutual funds or bonds but you guys can.

But I'm still going to collect silver as you nor anyone else has given me a good enough reason not to continue collecting silver.

But you best believe that I will have my food, water and guns locked and loaded.
I'm just saying that in the event of financial collapse, precious metals don't make sense. In many other situations they do, but in a total collapse I'm seriously going to shoot the first guy that tries to give ne some of his gold for my food and leave the rocks on his corpse just to send a message of how worthless they really are.

You're better off with 1000 dollars of food than 1000 dollars of silver in such a scenario, I promise you.

But it won't happen because money is about collective belief and even if the system fell apart tomorrow they would promptly replace it with a new one for the foolish public to buy into and life would continue per tge status quo. Without money, the elites have no excuse for their power nor can they enjoy the luxuries they currently possess, so money will not go away anytime soon.
It has been happening for decades, the U.S. dollar has lost 95 percent and counting of its value since 1913.

The elite want to start a new world order with a one world economic and political system and introducing a one world monetary system will enable this to do it.
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

I think that most seem to agree that the following 3 things are of utmost importance in the future, regardless if there is a complete collapse or a partial one:

1) Water
2) Food
3) Guns/Ammo

AFTER these 3 items are purchased, THEN you can look toward everything else. I think too many people in the USA are purchasing guns/ammo without having a significant food/water storage. This is just setting things up for a bloodbath. You want to live where a good percentage of the gun/ammo owners also have a food/water supply. Say what you want about Mormons, but a good percentage of them have these items. Small towns are also much safer than big cities as there will be less threat from large numbers of hungry people. Underground storage that is hidden would be a great idea, but is expensive. A stash of certain medications (antibiotics to save life, etc) may be a good idea to have as well.

Once you have enough water/food and the means to protect them, THEN you look at saving the value of your $$. You absolutely don't want to keep a large stash of USD...that is stupid IMO. Some believe that real estate is a good investment and it MIGHT be. One cannot be certain what a corrupt government will do with items they KNOW you have. They can simply seize them if they want to or tax you out of them by dramatically increasing the tax to the point where you can't pay the tax. That is the reason I prefer Gold/Silver as those can be hidden and undisclosed. Sure, you can't use it in a complete economic collapse and I wouldn't try to. I wouldn't be bargaining with anyone about anything in a complete economic collapse. I'd sooner shoot someone than to let them know what I have...period. Like HouseMD said, people shouldn't be trusted in that scenario. However, once things stabilize somewhat, I believe Gold/Silver will have some value. The same can't be said for the USD.

I hope that a complete economic collapse doesn't happen in my lifetime. I think it would be worse than most can imagine. I agree that at least 3/4 of the population would not survive it. Hunger, disease and killing each other would reduce the population extremely fast. A corrupt government could simply sit back and watch things self-destruct and then step back in when they feel like it....to gain complete control. A partial collapse and then a new currency would be terrible but NOTHING compared to a complete collapse. I truly hope that is what happens instead of the alternative....
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

I don't think there is going to be a total collapse unless something unpredictable happens. I think a better model to look at is what happened in Argentina. If you got any wealth, the government will find a way to take it and make it legal because they are the government - a negative interest rate, a wealth tax, freezing cash withdrawals and when you finally get access to your money its worthless, etc. The solutions of where to go aren't obvious, maybe Chile, which doesn't have a public debt. But the leftists there were recently voted back into power.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Rocky Top wrote:
HouseMD wrote:
SilverEnergy wrote:
HouseMD wrote:
SilverEnergy wrote: The collapse is going to happen WORLD WIDE, not just the United States.

If we are to believe your Doomsday scenario of precious metals being a wasted investment because 95% of the people would try to take it from you, then what would stop those same people from killing your livestock or robbing your food storages during and economic collapse? And what would stop the govt from just confiscating your property or forcibly moving you off your property? You won't protect your assets behind the barrel of a gun any better than the guy with a safe full of precious metals. in either case, both people are in real danger in a shtf scenario. In fact, my precious metals will be in a safe and/or hidden. It is a lot harder to guard and protect a greenhouse, a garden or livestock. And the govt would be just as much of a threat to rob you in the name of eminent domain or outright confiscation.
You can ride things out in a cave with $30,000 of food. You can starve while feeling rich with $30,000 of gold. My point wasn't that the food is more tradeable or that it is less likely to be stolen, it's that the gold relies on trade and interacting with other people. You should be looking for self sufficiency in the instance of a collapse, not a way to barter with other people for what you need. Planning on using any form of currency in a situation like this is essentially planning to make yourself vulnerable for everything you cannot provide on your own. That's why you need guns, ammo, food, and skills. You shouldn't be talking with anyone but those closest to you until things calm down, and you should be many, many miles from where anyone will find you.
Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Post by Rocky Top »

HouseMD wrote: You can ride things out in a cave with $30,000 of food. You can starve while feeling rich with $30,000 of gold. My point wasn't that the food is more tradeable or that it is less likely to be stolen, it's that the gold relies on trade and interacting with other people. You should be looking for self sufficiency in the instance of a collapse, not a way to barter with other people for what you need. Planning on using any form of currency in a situation like this is essentially planning to make yourself vulnerable for everything you cannot provide on your own. That's why you need guns, ammo, food, and skills. You shouldn't be talking with anyone but those closest to you until things calm down, and you should be many, many miles from where anyone will find you.
How realistic is it that you can "hide out" long enough to not have any attention drawn to you are finding out that you have a cache of food/water? Even if you are talking about a "cave" in a literal sense, that is still unrealistic. You're just going to take 6+ months of food into a cave and expect to survive that way until the dust settles?

I guess I say all of that to say that realistically, if this thing is a prolonged SHTF scenario (longer than 30 days), your food and weapons cache and someone else's food/precious metals cache are both f***ed.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Post by Rocky Top »

HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

He hates commodities on principle, as they produce nothing and profit can only come from an increase in their consumption. He just views gold as the penultimate bullshit fear investment. Warren Buffet invests in companies that create jobs and grow the economy as a matter of principal if you're familiar with his ethics.

I still will gladly bet anyone here my Browning BAR .30-06, 500 rounds of Remmington ammo, and 500 dollars worth of canned goods versus $2,000 dollars worth of gold or silver bullion, at the time of the bet being placed, that the economy does not collapse within ten years of the bet being placed. My end of the deal is paid out if the DJIA drops below 2,500 or the USD experiences greater than 1,000% inflation at any point in said ten year period.

And silver isn't a bad investment at the moment, just not a spectacular one. You'll make money given enough time.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

HouseMD wrote:He hates commodities on principle, as they produce nothing and profit can only come from an increase in their consumption. He just views gold as the penultimate bullshit fear investment. Warren Buffet invests in companies that create jobs and grow the economy as a matter of principal if you're familiar with his ethics.

I still will gladly bet anyone here my Browning BAR .30-06, 500 rounds of Remmington ammo, and 500 dollars worth of canned goods versus $2,000 dollars worth of gold or silver bullion, at the time of the bet being placed, that the economy does not collapse within ten years of the bet being placed. My end of the deal is paid out if the DJIA drops below 2,500 or the USD experiences greater than 1,000% inflation at any point in said ten year period.

And silver isn't a bad investment at the moment, just not a spectacular one. You'll make money given enough time.
So a DOW 3500 and 500% inflation would not qualify as a collapse? LOL

At any rate, the despots would far rather have a slow degradation that they can manage.
Who says despots and aspiring despots want a total collapse? Who would be left to plunder in that case? No, you must keep the tax slaves on the treadmill....